Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:59 am
User Image
The Bahari'mtoto - The Cluedo Conspiracy

Start Date: Now!
End Date: Q1 2020 (TBC)

The pride has been all but silent in recent months; while tensions remain within, an uneasy truce as emerged. This is, understandably, not the preferred state of the pride but for the time being it has come to be accepted as the norm. Those from the past now crave the good old days, dreaming of a time when they were able to live peacefully and with the blessing of joy and prosperity...While those in the newest generations are likely to have very little understanding of what the Bahari'mtoto should have been.

There are those who prefer it this way of course, those who are adamant that a more traditional view is appropriate.

...But for others? Well, it would seem that the winds of change have begun to caress the dunes and fortune will now favour the brave.

The Nyangumi have made a frightening discovery and having found balance have approached both the King and their superiors with the news that they are not alone. The very thing that spiralled the Bahari'mtoto into chaos remains and it would appear that it continues to exact its rituals in much the same way as the Vikings had warned. It is now imperative for both Nyangumi and Royal Guards to find and snuff out the threat within their midst.

There is, however, one small problem.

They can't find it.

Having searched everywhere the Royal Guards, the Nyangumi and even the King have now turned towards the entirety of the pride for assistance. If the pride is to succeed in apprehending this threat then it will need the aid of everyone, and that means everyone.

Those that traditionalists would have thought useless will now find their place and a stronger footing for they might have seen something. Those who questioned the King's motivations or even if he believed in them might find that perhaps he truly does. As for resolve? Well that will be tested in everyone, for in every corner there might lurk a nasty and unpleasant surprise that would test even the strongest stomach.

To find this entity the entire pride will have to do something they haven't had the ability to do in quite some time. The pride will need to work together to fit these pieces of the puzzle into place, failure to do so may risk allowing the perpetrator to escape...

OOC Information - IC Leads
    There are two people in the pride with characters that have tidbits of information regarding this perpetrator. They don't know huge amounts so don't expect them to give away anything more than they might already know, but if they're willing you can give them a poke!

• Tarni (Syrius Lionwing) - She has seen brief glimpses of this entity, though never seen it clearly. She is currently in a tentative relationship with the son of the former Viking who started this chaos.

• Tapiwa (MiddyGlow) - The Nyangumi who found the newest and most recent of the crime scenes. He is the individual who exposed the fact that they were not alone. He is credited with making the right decision to speak to both Royalty and his superior to make sure neither side felt slighted!

OOC Information - Key Players
    None at this time, every member of the pride is important in this event!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:01 am
    Event Details - General Information
  • This event will take place for as long as it needs to, in short, due to real life circumstances not everyone is available at the same time and I would like to make sure that everyone has the chance to take part if they would like.

• Any Bahari'mtoto pride member may enter, they can also be any age.

• Any rogue, alliance member or friend of a pride member may enter if they would like; though pelase note the focus is on helping the pride find common ground!

• Old pride members may enter and help if they would like, though please do not start drama as I will ask for you to leave and disqualify your entries. This isn't a chance for your former pride member to try and overthrow royalty, it's about helping to put an end to a common threat.

• The event will be comprised of event prompts with specific instructions for each. These will all add up to 'points' which will allow you to enter for a prize.

• You may use these prompts in any format you would like, this means you can run an ORP or a PRP.

• Unfortunately SRP won't count for points in this event but you can use the prompts for inspiration if you'd like.

• It can be through any medium you like too (discord/PM/guild), you will just have to make sure you record it in the guild to receive credit!

• You can use a prompt a maximum of four times, this should allow people to participate with friends who may want a partner and haven't done that particular prompt yet.

• I can act as an RP partner if needed, I cannot win any prizes!

• If there are any other questions just fire them my way!

Event Details - Specifics
  • You will receive 1 point for every RP Prompt completed.

• For every 5 points you receive, you will receive two more as a bonus (to a maximum of 15).

• There will be additional points available in each prompt based on the rolls made by each player. This will be team based e.g. If one of you rolls and reaches the requirements then both of you get the extra points!

• There are no 'maximum' point limits at this stage i.e. if you're so active you get 100+ points that's fine.

• There will be prizes for several different tiers to allow for some flexibility in participation e.g. participation/top points/second place and so on.

• Some prizes may have small amounts of backstory behind them, while this backstory can't change the remainder of the detail is up to you.

• You may claim for your point in an RP when you have achieved a minimum of 500 words for your character in it. (This should help in the event of RPs getting unexpectedly abandoned, but I would prefer they were finished!)

• Please do not backfill posts, post everything at once when you're ready or one at a time. This means I won't make any mistakes if I start making the lists for prizes early.

Event Details - How to Play
  • Select a Prompt
  • Follow the instruction on the prompt.
  • RP it out.
  • Post the Links in Thread!

Baharimtoto Pride

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:04 am
Event Prompts

Prompt 1
The King has called for aid and he hasn't asked for it alone; it seems this time there's a united front when it comes to the issue and it's no laughing matter. The details are sparse, but the instructions are clear, if you're going to provide assistance then please don't go out alone.

The first thing the King, the Royal Guard and the Nyangumi need from you are clues.

You haven't found them yet but you can certainly start looking for them and given they could be anywhere so the entire cove is at your disposal.

Where do you start and why?

Bonus Points: None for this one. This is a call to arms!

Prompt 2
Your companion or team are searching through the jungle in the hopes of further information or clues. The last time the Bahari were attacked several months ago it seemed that these devils, these things had swept out from this particular area. The Nyangumi have been very careful to keep an eye on this area, determined to prove that they are just as capable as the Royal Guard but at this time they haven't found anything significant.

...Then again, up until now they haven't thought to look for anything either.

As you delve further into the jungle you begin to find things that don't look quite like they belong there. Old 'vials' that once contained liquids or powders, odd little trinkets that might have been jewels. Are these from the Kizingo'zaa Brewmistress and her comrades or are they from somewhere else?

Bonus Rolls: Roll a Random Number 1-10!
  • Roll 1-5: You aren't sure where they come from, be they Kizi or otherwise. You still bring them back for further investigation.
  • Roll 6-10: You realise these are definitely not from the Kizingo'zaa, your neighbours are innocent in this. You bring these pieces back as evidence to the Guards. (+1 Point)

Prompt 3
You and your companions have chosen to take one of the more logical routes and have taken to patrolling the borders. You're not gatekeeping, visitors can still come and go as they please, but you are looking out for anything that stands out. This is something that your team has been doing for a couple of days and so far, nothing out of the ordinary has been spotted.

...It's only on the fourth day that one of you spots something odd, a flicker of activity before it's very quickly gone. What is certain though is despite being silent, it was definitely feline in shape and there was a distinct glimpse of red in those eyes.

If you are a Guard: You can choose to patrol this area moving forward to keep it safe and secure; or you can elect to pass it on to your superiors. (+2 Points)
    If you are not a guard: Pass the info on, you want to make sure that someone is watching this area. Something is here even if you can't take it on yourself. (+1 Point)

Prompt 4
Exploration of regions closest to the chasm that separates the Bahari'mtoto and the Kizingo'zaa from one another is unlikely to yield any results. However, you and your friends have decided to investigate every possible avenue even if it's improbably that something is stuck in those traps. The Architects are quite particular about their quality and you know all too well of the dangers of getting to close, but you can still get reasonably close to them before anything triggers.

In theory you expect to find nothing, but in practice...

Several of the traps have been tampered with, they look vulnerable and ready launch at any point and at anyone.

Trigger Them! In the time it might take you to find an architect that can disarm them they might hurt someone. You find a way to set these fragile traps off from a safe distance. You can choose to search more after this, or find an architect immediately. (+1 Point)
    Architects Assemble! The risk of hurting yourself and others by accident is too high, you or a friend stands guard (at a safe distance) while you scout out an architect to disarm the traps safely. While waiting you or your companion notices a flourish of activity within the jungle just off the coast, but from this distance it's too difficult to work out exactly what you saw... (+2 Point)

Prompt 5

Prompt 6

Prompt 7

Last Updated: 31/10/19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:05 am
Available Prizes
The following lions are available to select from the prize pool.

Quote:
Mercenaries ( "Royal Guards" ) - Minor Backstory Attached
User ImageUser Image

Generic Characters - Blank Slates
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Availability in prize pool based on:
  • Highest Points achieved.
  • Second Highest Points
  • Participation Reward/Raffle

Additional prizes will be made available if the event becomes very busy, but at the moment I'm keeping it small. n_n

Baharimtoto Pride

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:13 am
Event Point Trackers
This will also double up as a raffle list!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 am
Jungle Journey Prompt 2

Ruler of Everything and MiddyGlow +1 point for Ruler's roll  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:35 am
MiddyGlow

Ruler of Everything

Hello folks!

This has been open for a very long time and I've decided to give the prizes out gradually instead.

Since you two took the time to participate I'd like to allow you to select which of the Available prizes you would like. They don't need to be from the same part of the pool if you don't want them to, but keep in mind that the first two will have some slight backstory attached (they don't have personalities though).

In the event that both of you want the same prize I'll roll to determine which gets first pick, but I wanted to give you the chance to talk through it together first.

If you could let me know in here that would be great and then I'll look at the next plan will be for the remaining prizes! <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:22 am
Epine de Rose

I would like the white and yellow female

User Image

And Ruler would like the Colorful male. Ruler will quote to confirm XD

User Image  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:05 pm
MiddyGlow

I just posted in the certing thread before realizing I should quote this oTL I agree with what Middy said! v excited for this beautiful colorful little man <3 Thank you, Epee!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:29 pm
Epine said it was fine xD

We made Their job easy razz  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items