Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A No Good Very Bad Day (Adi/Veikel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:19 am
Adi was beside herself.

Mazamath had taken quite a scoring to his left hind leg, and it looked awful!  And she knew it felt at least as bad as it looked, even if he insisted on being all stoic about it.  Which left her to do all the fretting and fussing and crying, while the blue just calmly accepted it and followed the Healers' instructions without any protest whatsoever.  He was an easy patient, at least, and there was little risk of him doing anything to reopen the wound or make it worse.  He was perfectly content to lie in his wallow just so while a whole cadre of firelizards used him as a convenient perch on which to sun.

Adi was the only one with any concerns, worrying at him like this was the Worst Thing Ever and he might expire at any moment.  Usually sociable and cheerful to the extreme, she'd done no skipping off to visit friends and didn't even want to leave him to go and eat.  It had barely been a day, and Mazamath was beginning to lose patience with the whole affair, and patience was something he usually had in ready supply. Go eat, he griped at her. This doesn't merit anywhere near the amount of drama you're spending on it.

Annnd she just started crying again.  Faranth. He sighed and whuffled at her reassuringly.

x houllow
for whoever you want!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:28 pm
"Is this a bad time?" A soft voice pipped up from a backward direction, where Veikel stood holding what looked to be a pitcher of some kind and two cups. Above him swirled a massive green firelizard, screeching unhappily at something that whimpered from within his massive fluff of hair. A small, blue tail lashed itself out for a brief flicker of a moment before wrapping back around Veikel's neck like a dark choker. "I came to check on the two of you and it seems like it was the right choice to make."

The healer had a certain fondness for the young rider and her dragon, mostly because he'd lobbed rocks at them once before (an accident, honestly!!) and the fact Adi had been kind enough to give him one of the firelizards that now argued around him. He'd always be thankful for that since Bandage was all but useless apart from being an excellent neckwarmer as the weather got cooler. Slowly the man made his way over, careful not to trip on anything, and he beamed brightly as he approached the duo. "I brought tea, as usual, and I managed to sneak some meatrolls out of the kitchen on my way here. Figured something rich would go well with my new blend, if you're keen on trying it out with me."

Veikel considered Adi a tea-buddy, for what it was worth, having shared some with her before. Also she was a lowkey test subject (round four or five, as he'd done the other rounds on himself), but mostly a friend. Veikel cared for his friends and worried about them. "How are you both doing? I'd heard Mazamath had been injured so I wanted to come and offer some support? And some salves too, if you want them."

They were going to take them whether they actually wanted them or not, if he was going to be honest about it. Once Veikel cared, he cared.

Meepfur

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 pm
When Mazamath had bent has head to whuffle at her, Adi had seized the opportunity to latch onto his headknobs and press fer face against his to cry into his hide, prompting another deep sigh. He hated that she was so upset, but he couldn't make her not be upset; his gentle attempts had been completely ineffective, but anything insistent only made her more upset. All he wanted was for her to get food! And sleep! Pretty much anything but fuss and cry and make herself sick. But here they were.

The half dozen firelizards sunning themselves on the blue were the first to notice the approach of a friend, and up went a chorus of happy cheeps of greeting for both Veikel and his flits. The seventh, a little green, crawled up Adi's shoulder to peep more quietly at the arrival of one of her clutchmates.

"I...It's fine," Adi answered, snuffling and wiping at her eyes before turning to blibk at Veikel. Blotchy-faced and puffy-eyed, she definitely did not wear all her crying well. For some, that might have made this a bad time, but Adi was pretty well oblivious...and wouldn't have been worried about it regardless. As for how they were doing: "It's awful-"

It's quite alright, Mazamath interjected. It looks worse than it is, I assure you.

"No, it hurts and I know it," Adi started to argue, before she finally registered more of what Veikel had said and stopped to look at what he was carrying. "...meatrolls?"

She was awfully hungry.

houllow
f...food?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 pm
"Sorry it's only meatrolls, I couldn't grab any pies while I was going through." Veikel smiled and held out his offerings a bit more to show the young lady. "Those kitchen ladies have deadly aim with their wooden spoons, did you know that? I'm just now recovering from a knot to the head I got a sevenday ago when I tried to swipe something." He playfully reached up and touched a spot at his temple where there may or may not have been an egg before. "Plus it'll give me an excuse to sneak over and see you again."

The large green stopped her complaints at the tiny blue just in time to give salutations to her clutch sib, the red from her eyes rolling to a happy lavender. "I also wanted to come and say thank you, for Tea." He paused. "That's what I decided to name this little lady." Veikel reached up and snagged the green from where she hovered in the air, prompting a small flurry of hissing and soft-tooth biting before Tea understood what Veikel was doing.

"Here, go head and snag one of these. I'll get the tea going in a tickmark" Carefully he sat down the items, flitter included, and moved towards the dragon's side."I'm glad to see you're doing better. Is there any new pain, or any stiffness?"

Thankfully a certainly adorable green firelizard understood it was her turn to work, and she cheeped up at Adi with adoring eyes. She moved a tiny piece of meatroll between her front claws and held it up towards the young woman, almost as if offering it to her.

Meeploaf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas