Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:49 pm
The worst of it was over.

Aryale could taste the lie in the words whenever they were spoken, trying to soothe over the fact that it could have been worse. Though she had agreed heartily that her father being dead would have been much, much worse. That Miryath could have been hurt so badly she'd never fly again - and there was some talk she would possibly not recover from what damage had been done. She had found tears she never knew she had so readily available - and wept into arms she both had known would take them and a few she'd not expected. Mostly, though, she'd wept into Yaguareth. She'd held her close out of joy and now also out of sorrow.

Crying is not shameful, she'd reminded, lovingly accepting all of her feelings. Get them out so they do not fester and allow for rot. But there had been feelings besides woe.

There was anger and it burned in her heart as she sat there next to her father, holding his hand and squeezing it tightly. Yaguareth's presence twined with that same anger, the young green tucked up next to Miryath outside where both dragons could actually fit. Be angry. They were both allowed to be angry - and they could nurture it for now. The Red Star wouldn't know what hit it when they could fly and fight.

"Y' thinkn' 't som'th'?" A'star's words were horribly slurred as his mouth fought with what half of his face was missing. "A lot of things," Aryale admitted. "Y' wan' tell y'da'?" He pressed, squeezing her hand back weakly.

She was going to cry again.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:33 pm
It was Phryana's way to keep her distance, observing while still being removed from the situation as a whole. When she had found Aryale in tears after her father and her dragon had been badly maimed by Thread.... well, distance was impossible, no matter how uncomfortable it made her. She'd only been able to offer a warm embrace, murmuring condolences. Kleoth had wanted to go a step further, insisting on going to visit Miryath and her rider... but after a few days had passed. Surprised by the insistence to wait, Phryana had agreed, but now felt awkward as she and the golden dragon walked quietly through the Weyr. She had little desire to intrude.

We won't be. Kleoth said quietly, sure of it. Phryana would reserve judgement for now.

It didn't surprise her at all to see Yaguareth there, and the young queen immediately beelined for the two dragons. Miryath. Yaguareth. She greeted, and oh, she burned at the thought that the green and her rider had been brought to such a state. But there was a time for anger, and right now, she was humbled. She pressed her nose briefly to her sister's head before gently touching older green in turn. Miryath. I am so glad that you and Yours are still with us. She had so much more she wanted to say but held her thoughts back for now, radiating quiet support and love.

Phryana stood quietly for some time, watching Kleoth move without her before she steeled herself and stepped inside. Even then, she lingered in the doorway, unable to help feeling like an unwanted outside force between a father and his daughter. "Would it be better if I came at another time?" She asked quietly.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:51 pm
Miryath had seen much better days and now she would see no worse ones with the condition her rider was in. While she looked fine by comparison to A'star, his own questionable state left a certain grey tinge to her hide. To any dragon, she looked far more awful than she would have to human eyes - hurt and beside herself. Her head hadn't lifted from where it sat lamely in the sand, where a leg would have once been for it to rest on, when Yaguareth had come to lean against her...and for Kleoth it would still not move.

There are better things for children to see than this corpse, she answered glumly, orange barely tinting grey eyes.

Yaguareth leaned into Kleoth's touch for the moment she had it before moving to stand by her sister as she leaned her head up against Miryath's in turn. If you are a Corpse then the Red Star got the better of you - and I don't believe that it did. she pressed, only earning a sigh of displeasure in answer.

Company that wasn't a familiar face was a breath of fresh air for A'star, who withdrew his hand from where he'd been brushing it over his daughter's cheek to try and sit himself up. Aryale was quick to find more pillows to help keep him that way. "Y' m'st b' Arrr'l's frien?" he greeted as best he could while Aryale kept her flinch of distress out of his line of sight - easy to too if she stayed on his left side, really.

"This is probably as good of time as any," Aryale answered, trying to not sound glum and barely toeing on the positive side of the line. This was a potential future that awaited her as well, but she would have taken it in a heartbeat for herself right then to keep him in one piece.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:37 pm
No, it didn't. The little queen flared her wings at the mere thought, an uncharacteristic flare of red rippling through her currently grey and yellow eyes. Her sister had put it best. You and Yours are true warriors, and I am honored to be in your presence. She pressed herself against Miryath, as though her touch could will the other to believe her.

After a moment, she asked another question. Would it not feel better to eat a little something? Perhaps even a quick dip in the ocean... Mine would be happy to assist in any way she could, as would Yaguareth's, I'm certain. She mentally brushed her sister's mind in apology for speaking for her.

The young woman had seen and experienced many terrible things in her life... but seeing what damage Thread could wreck upon flesh was a whole new level of horror. Still, Phryana kept her face composed, even managing to offer a slight smile as she stepped inside. "Yes," She said after a moment, keeping her eyes fixed upon the wounded man even as she saw Aryale recoil from the corner of her eye. "My name is Phryana, rider of gold Kleoth."

She stepped further into the room, reaching out to briefly squeeze her fellow Weyrling's shoulder before she folded her hands in front of her. "I'm sorry it isn't under better circumstances, but it's a pleasure to meet you, A'star."

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:17 pm
Without the energy to even mantle her wings at the two young dragons, Miryath simply huffed and sighed again, barely leaning her head back against that of the two young dragons. Oh how big they would be before A'star could even walk again. Still, she clutched the depths of her woe tighter to her chest, shifting her weight so it rested solely on the remaining of her front legs. I am not healed enough to swim and I am brought food whether I want it or not, Miryath stated, thinking again to Theath's plea that she eat - as though she had it in her to hate her most beloved. She could never.

Then you desire to waste away your life and the energy of yours sitting here to sulk? Yaguareth asked, not pulling her punch in the least. Perhaps less kind than Kleoth and her nurturing hearts would have been, but Yaguareth couldn't see the use in sulking. Miryath almost snapped back at the young green, who mantled her wings at the ready for it. Why not have some joy while he cannot? Give him good feelings while he is healing?

"Ah, one of th' twins," one could have read some fondness into the tone as A'star twisted to look outside where Miryath was having her standoff with Yaguareth. Briefly, he frowned, pushing into his lifemate - They are young. Indulge them. Then, he spoke, "My Mirrr..Miiryath," he struggled with the quick change of syllables for a moment, "is also a twin." and of this, he seemed very proud. "Th'rr's always som'th'n spec'l 'bout them," he added, certain Phryana already knew how a bond between those who had shared a shell could be.

As for her apology, A'star offered what of a smile he still had to. "Anytime's a good time. Better th'n m'dau't'r hidin' all her friend's away - like th' boy," the last bit was jabbed pointedly at Aryale who had it in her to look offended. "I am not hiding anybody!" she protested.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:51 pm
Kleoth did not wince at the bluntness of her sister's words, aware that sometimes, such things needed to be said for the greater good. We know that you both have gone through something terrible. She said softly, her eyes whirling grey once more as she settled next to Miryath. Indeed, we can't even imagine it. But I know how strong you are, Miryath. I know that you and Yours will rise up and best this. Your knowledge and experience can be shared, and all of the Weyr will benefit. She believed this with all of her hearts.

"Yes," Phryana couldn't help the smile that spread across her face, a quiet side-effect of her beloved's eternal love for Leoth. That smile widened as A'star spoke further, not at all minding how he had to expend extra effort to speak. "I agree. Kleoth loves all of her siblings, but Leoth and her..." She shook her head. "They're an inseparable pair." With no siblings of her own that she knew of... well, it almost felt like she was getting to experience things for the first time through her dragon.

The mention of a boy had her arch her brows, fixing Aryale with a coy look for a moment. "I admit, I know nothing of any secret friends..." Her voice grew a little softer, a little more wistful. "But I'm glad to call Aryale a friend."

Strange. She'd never had friends before, not until Keris. And now, here at Western... To think she could have friends.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 pm
Only at A'star's leanings, did Miryath recoil back and set her fangs aside for a more worthy fight. He was right - she was being petty to try and fight a child. It would be worse for her ego if she somehow lost too. One must feel sorrow to really feel joy - I will not cut short my agony.

At this, Yaguareth stomped one of her little feet, spreading her wings indignantly. I know what yours looks like and I will not mince it - you have forever to familiarize yourself with your agony if you so wish. But do not let it move in so easily. she protested, leaning into Kleoth briefly as though drawing from the motherly support the gold radiated.

Miryath turned her one grey eye upon Kleoth, rumbling deeply in her chest. Ah, but I will find what value I had is quickly replaced in strong young greens who are eager and willing to fight. There is more value in that, my dear.

"There are no secret friends. If anything, Yura is hiding all his friends away across the sea!" there was a notable lack of disappointment in Aryale's voice, however. She'd come to terms with having to hold the fort here while Yura ran away from his family. Aryale would wear the shackles her entire life - and was glad to still have them now.

At Phryana's words, Aryale leaned over with a grin - "Nah, we're family now! Kleoth and Yaguareth are us too, yeah?" Which was odd when some of their class would inevitably make eyes at each other down the road, but it was really an analogy for the moment, rather than the long term.

A'star chuckled at his daughter's frankness. "G'd. Sh'll ne' sum'f th's s'n. S'll you."

Tsunake
MONTHS LATER.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:17 pm
Kleoth made a low, unhappy sound in her throat, swinging her head from side to side as though in protest. How can you think so little of yourself? Will we all not be replaced one day by that logic? Your value will never diminish, Miryath. If only the forcefulness of her belief could make it so!

She'd never experienced this sort of teasing between parent and child, and she felt as though she was witnessing little secrets of a life she'd never gotten to know. Yura--yes, she thought she remembered him. A walking disaster that had managed to stumble away from the double clutch with a bronze dragon at his side. It seemed Aryale's entire family had 'dragonrider' running through their veins.

Family, though. Phryana felt the wind knock itself out of her sails at how easily Aryale linked them together, but passed it off with a faint laugh. "You're right." Faranth knew where they would all end up once the dragons had reached maturity, but for now? Yes, she supposed they were an odd, rough-and-tumble little family.

"I know it." Phryana responded almost solemnly. "Especially once we're fighting Thread, ourselves. I don't intend to lose any of Kleoth's siblings or my--my friends." She knew her intentions mattered little, in the end, but she was no longer quite so cynical of hope.

demon_pachabel
YEARS LATER.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:06 pm
A broken cup may be used as something else, but what it was is still replaced by a new cup. And no matter how useful the broken cup is in it's new role, it will always been seen before anything else as a broken cup. Miryath's words were forceful now, but she did not rumble for them. Your truth is ideal and you mean it kindly, but it steps over sacrifice and pain. I gave my body - as did my rider - and I will not be able to do so again. I will not fight, and I may not even fly. At best, I am a warning of things to come for those who do not do better.

Yaguareth answered Miryath with a light hiss of displeasure - she wasn't wrong, but also - Even if your broken cup is seen first as that, you've not become a momento to just be sat somewhere to be looked upon wistfully!

Aryale elbowed Phryana before offering a wide smile. "You and Kleoth'll have us if anything goes south! And we all have each other! Thread'll have another thing coming to knock us out of the sky!" But she knew it was possible - and that simply being caught in a drop wouldn't rescue them from all possible fates.It could mean living with complicated feelings and a complicated body.

"G'd. G'd. H've th' c'fffff'dnce t' b'l'v th'. It'll m't'r." It wouldn't be a bane against everything, but A'star could rest easy knowing that his eldest hadn't had a new uncertainty planted into her by his condition. By his fate.

Tsunake

'Good. Good. Have the confidence to believe that. It'll matter.'

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:38 pm
Kleoth planted her feet, raising her head up with determination--and faltered when Phryana wordlessly reached out. Remember that some grieve differently, my heart. Give her time. The Queen exhaled slowly, hating to leave it on such a note, but not wishing to offend Miryath's sacrifice. I do not see you as a warning. She could not help but add stubbornly. A reminder, perhaps, of the danger that threatens us all, but also a champion in your own right.

She would attempt to bite her tongue on any further arguments, but it was hard.

Phryana managed to summon up a smile. "We'll be counting on you. I think Kleoth would try to rip the Red Star out of the sky herself, if she thought it possible..." But this was a grim reminder of their potential fate. In truth, Phryana found herself more determined than ever. This was what she and Kleoth (though she'd never realized it), had been born to do.

"We will." Her words were softer for A'star, and after a moment of hesitation, she reached out to gently touch his hand. "I promise."

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:05 pm
I will not deny you that vision, Miryath relented, though she still certainly seemed displeased. Yaguareth was prepared to continue the argument but Aryale likewise silenced her dragon, her voice like hands pulled a determined canine's face away from some tasty treat it had discovered - Let her be. She will appreciate it more when it is not fresh and raw. When the youth of their dragons with an impending future that had just been ripped from her felt less like salt in it.

Instead, she leaned into Kleoth briefly before moving to find a place to lean up against the older dragon as well.

"Yaguareth will beat her to it," Aryale answered, though nothing in her tone implied she was trying to one-up Phryana for sharing it. They both simply had fairly passionate lifemates. It was something A'star was proud to see. Though her brightness dimmed only a bit as the goldrider reached out to touch her father's hand.

A'star made some attempt to run his thumb over Phryana's fingers as he offered something that could have been considered a smile. "Goo'. N' I'thin' y' shhh' l' m' res' b'for y'r mothhhh'r get h'r." if he'd had more face for it, Aryale would have called him out for being cheeky with them. "Oh, Faranth. I definitely don't wanna be here when mom shows up - you two are so schmoozy!" Aryale was obviously indulging him, though.

He was obviously making an excuse to get some more rest - and for them to perhaps not seem to piteous towards him.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm
Kleoth welcomed her sister's brief touch before she settled more fully against Miryath's side. She would radiate nothing but her love, even if she could wax poetry for hours about Miryath's virtues. Phryana sometimes knew better about things like this, and Kleoth would trust her judgement.

The older rider couldn't help but laugh. "I think she'd try." It was truly refreshing to be surrounded by a clutch of such strong personalities, especially when there was no color hierarchy threatening to crush that strength and bring it to heel.

Her smile was softer at A'star's words, and she bowed her head in acquiescence, and that smile turned into another laugh at Aryale's mock-despair. "Well, I would never think to get between a wife and her husband." Not anymore, at any rate. "Thank you for letting me visit. Both of you. Shall we see what our well-intending troublemakers are up to?" She asked with no lack of dry humor.

Kleoth always meant well. Sometimes she... simply couldn't stop herself from interfering.

demon_pachabel
Possible wrap!

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items