[PRP] Want of Travel (Anga M, Maeve)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm
User ImageAnga could feel herself curl her toes in the sun, trying to get as much heat as she could laying on the rock that she had found. It was... just like any other day, and that meant that she was bored. Sure, hunting and trying to survive each day without getting killed was "exciting" in its own way, but she didn't want that type of excitement.

All of her children had gone and by now they were all grown up and living their own lives and here she was doing... well nothing other than doing what she needed to to survive. Many times she had thought about joining a pride, even if it meant that she would have to follow certain rules. But that had to be better than just living out here doing the same thing day to day. She even thought about mating again just so she could have some cubs to raise. She had loved doing it before, even if the father hadn't stayed, but it was no surprise. They hadn't ever planned on staying together and she was happy to see him leave, as a friend.

She rolled back onto her stomach, took a moment to stretch, and then sat down again, looking to see if there was anything different going on today. Perhaps she could see some hyenas going after another's kill? Though it would make her a target too if she were to be spotted. But at this point she would do anything for something different!

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 pm
SSBrosB

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Maeve smiled as she got up, she was a pretty cheerful female. She enjoyed life and the freedom she found all around her. She turned her face up to the warm sunlight. She had just left the cave she had been using for her den for the night. She would be moving on soon, she had no reason to stay in one place for longer then she wanted. She had a great family, they were all kind and loving. She just had a free-hearted spirit. She had wandered off from her families pride when she was a cub and though she knew where it was she had no intention to go back. Perhaps it had something to do with never knowing her father always wondering if he was somewhere out there in the world. Hoping if she was out there too she might someday find him.

Maeve continued on her way away from the cave she had slept in she didn't really know what she intended to do today, but she hoped it would be interesting in any case.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:31 pm
Anga had continued to scan the area, though she had gotten a bit lazy and had put her head down, only barely moving her eyes. Her ears were always alert, so she wasn't worried, until she thought she heard something. Something that was not some sort of prey! She could almost feel excitement swell up in her! What could it be?!

She hopped off of her rock and moved her ears to try and see which way the sound was coming from. It didn't seem to be getting that much closer... perhaps they were moving in a direction in front of her rather than toward her? In any case, she went to move through the grass, trying to find the source of it. As she moved around, she could hear it get louder and louder, which meant that she was going the right way!

It was another few moments before she spotted the other lioness, who Anga figured had some from the cave that was around here. The other female didn't look bad... though Anga was confident that she could hold her own long enough if she had to fight and then run away.

And with that, she popped her head out of the grass. "Hello! Haven't seen you around here!" She said before moving out of it so it didn't look too weird. After all, just talking to the head of another lion seemed pretty ridiculous in Anga's mind.

MiddyGlow
you can tell me if that font is too bright

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:36 pm
SSBrosB

Maeve smiled as she saw the other female that came towards her, she wasn't really worried. She did her best to stay safe, but she didn't want to judge others without knowing they were a threat or not. "Hi, yeah I travel a lot I don't stay in one place too long. Too much to do and too much to see out in the world." She smiled and then said "I'm Maeve and you are?" She asked curiously who this female was who had made the first move to say hello but had not mentioned her name yet. She found it a little strange but perhaps it was just a simple mistake.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:04 pm
Ah, a traveler! Anga could remember when she did that! That's where she had met her first mate after all. Still, she had gotten lazy. Perhaps she should start traveling again? She wondered which prides were and weren't there still.

"I'm Anga Mrengo, though you can just call me Anga. I've been living here my whole life, used to travel a bit more when I was younger, but lately I've just been... here." She was a bit embarrassed to admit it, but her life must seem boring compared to Maeve's. "How long have you been here? And if you're leaving now, where are you planning on heading? It's been so long... I'm almost afraid to start traveling again!" It was true. Perhaps that was the reasons he had been stuck here? She had wanted to learn so much more about what was around her, but she was so afraid that she couldn't bring herself to actually do it?

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:09 pm
SSBrosB

Maeve smiled and nodded to Anga "Nice to meet you." She said in a happy tone. "I lived in a pride once when I was young, but I just wanted something else than the rest of my family, you know so I have been traveling." She laughed "Yea I suppose since I am still rather young I have the spirit in my to travel and see the world. Perhaps one day I will find a mate and settle down and find somewhere nice to live." She considered the stream of questions a moment. "I have been her a few days and I suppose I could stay a few more if you wanted company or wanted help hunting or something." She offered. She smiled and then said "You shouldn't fear traveling if it's something you might want again, you should consider it."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:24 pm
Anga nodded. She knew the same feeling. She had been with her sisters at one point, but eventually even she had wanted to go off and travel and learn about herself. She had, at least a little. And it resulted in some wonderful cubs too. "Company would be wonderful! And I wouldn't mind sharing a kill or hunting with another." She caught herself. "I'm sorry, I'm asking so many questions, I must seem like quite an old lioness." She said laughing a bit.

"I'll make sure to slow down. And yes, I would love to go traveling again. It wasn't so hard last time... I wonder what's changed?" She shook her head. Here she was, acting as though she had aged 10 years when it had only been a year or two. "If you... wouldn't mind, could I accompany you until you leave the Rogue Lands? I would love to be able to hear more about your travels!"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 pm
SSBrosB

Maeve smiled and then laughed "That sounds like a great time to spend some time with someone else, I don't meet up with many others in the rogue lands. So it is perfectly fine. What did you want to hunt? Zebra? Something bigger?" She asked the question and then shook her head "Don't think anything of the sort, I thought nothing of your age when we met and your questions don't bother me at all, how else would be figure anything out?" She asked curiously. She shook her head again and then said "No need, say what you like and traveling together would be nice, the company would be really nice." She laughed "I doubt I'll be going into any pride territories any time soon." She smiled "You can never be too careful where you wander after all the prides like the Stromborn and the Firekin aren't really great sorts."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm
"Thank you. I think it will be great fun!" Anga was quite happy. She hadn't talked to well... any others for quite a long time. To be able to find a possible friend so suddenly, and within the area, well it was quite exciting! "Anything is fine, though let's not go crazy. We wouldn't want to go after an elephant or something. But Zebra or a Water Buffalo might be fun challenges. I know there are some around this area that I've seen."

Anga relaxed her shoulders a bit more. "I suppose I wouldn't." Anga chuckled and grinned. "Thank you again though for entertaining an "old" lioness though. And traveling once again might get me into the habit. I would love to see everything that there is. Last time I did I got stuck in a series of caves." From what she could remember. That was what happened, right? "And true, some prides are to be avoided. Though I'm not sure that I would want to travel the desert anyway!" She said, before stepping next to Maeve. "Whenever you're ready, I'll follow."

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:52 pm
SSBrosB

Maeve smiled she was glad to have met someone that was so friendly and they could help each other out for a time and keep each other company which would certainly be nice. She laughed "Certainly not an elephant if we could take one down what would we do with it all?" She considered a moment and then said "How about a Water Buffalo then, together we should be able to trade a herd and take down one without much danger." She smiled and then said "Alright let's go then and get this hunt started." She smiled brightly this would be great. Good company and good food. She shook her head "Thank you for taking on a young lioness as a travel mate." Maeve smiled listening to everything that Anga said and she nodded "I agree on avoiding the desert way to sandy and hot from what I have heard." She made her way along the path to start their hunt together. "Alright let's get going!" She said in an excited tone.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces