[SRP] New Blood (Villam x Liuxing)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Villam took careful steps, and his brow was nervously furrowed as he walked along. He was still getting used to his new pride, but it had otherwise been a pleasant adjustment. After his birth pride disbanded, he wasn’t sure what he’d do - but so many families splintered and went their separate ways, and since all of his siblings were adults, the same happened to his own. He knew of a handful of lions that had headed this way from his homeland, but he was ultimately alone rebuilding his life.

The moon had smiled enough on him, and he was able to become a guard. A useful job, where he could really feel like he was helping. Today, he was supposed to be meeting a Patrol Leader to receive instructions and general information about what was expected of him. He was nervous to be certain, but he was excited to become apart of the pride even more. He continued to take careful steps towards where they would meet, his eyes glancing around for whoever he thought might be the Patrol Leader he was assigned to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a busy day, full of various responsibilities, but Liuxing was only feeling more fulfilled. Many had questioned her decision to pursue a profession rather than her royal title, but it was days like today that reaffirmed her decision. She had been proud of her accomplishments and the responsibilities that came with them. Even the smaller things, like showing someone new around their responsibilities, never tired or bored her. She was glad to help someone new find their place and purpose, as she had.

In fact, she was now headed towards just such a meeting. A new male had just been assigned to her, and she needed to fill him in on his responsibilities. He was new, so she’d start him out with less intensive tasks. Today, she hoped to mostly get a feel for his character and what he was really capable of.

Padding towards their meeting spot, Liuxing could see the male that had been described to her - large, dark purple, with a white mane. She went up to him promptly, offering a smile. “It’s Villam, right?” She had made sure to remember his name; she didn’t want to be rude at their first meeting, after all.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Waiting patiently, Villam was almost too nervous to look around for his incoming Patrol Leader. He very much wanted to make a good impression, since this was going to be someone he’d likely be dealing with for a long while to come.

At the sound of his name, his ears perked and he turned his head in the direction of the sound, his pale eyes landing on the female that called out to him. He swallowed, trying to shove the last of his nerves deep down. “Ah - yes, that’s me.” He tried to return a small smile and not stare too much; but he couldn’t help but look over the Patrol Leader. Her light coat and small spottings made her look delicate, but how she carried herself gave the opposite impression. He turned his body to fully face her, waiting for her instructions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:24 pm

“Oh perfect!” Liuxing was ready to get going. This male seemed to be pretty decent so far, not too cocky but not too timid. She always liked working with balanced personalities, and thought they made for good guard qualities. “Well my name is Liuxing, and I’m your Patrol Leader.” Her grin was broad, and she gave him a quick once-over with her eyes. Not only did he seem mentally capable so far, but also physically.

“How have things been for you so far?” She wasn’t the fondest of small-talk, but she didn’t want to just rush him. “We can take a quick turn about and chat for a bit?”

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:28 pm

“It’s been a bit of a rush, honestly, but it’s been a relief.” Villam was feeling a little more eased, and he was happy for the positive connection they seemed to have so far. The last thing he wanted was to start his new life in his new pride with a bad work relationship. “Ah, yes, I think that would be great.” He smiled, taking steps after Liuxing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 pm

“That’s good to hear! I know sometimes transitioning to a new pride or lifestyle can be challenging.” While she was born in, Liuxing had known many over the years who had joined from elsewhere, and some had taken a bit longer to adjust. She understood, especially those who came from other prides. “Alright, so let’s get started!” Taking steps forward, her pace was a quick walk. Although she hadn’t wanted to rush him, she did have other things to attend to after this. But, she wanted to make sure that she didn’t forget anything or make him feel rushed over. “Have you ever had any experience in guard work?” She had heard that he’d come from another pride, but she didn’t know what he’d done there.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 pm

“Yes, I was definitely a little anxious for the change.” Villam took steps after her, trying to keep pace. “But, it’s been a welcome change.” He hadn’t known life outside of a pride, so the may moons that had passed after his own pride had disbanded had been some of the longest and loneliest of his life. While it had been an anxious transition, it had definitely been a welcome one, bringing Villam back into the warmth and comfort of pridal life.

“I can’t say that I’ve necessarily done guard work, though I was a scout before.” He briefly let himself remember his old responsibilities, scouting and gathering information. It had allowed him to explore outside the lands some, which was probably what he owed to being able to transition to a new pride as well as he had.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:59 pm

“I think it takes a strong character for that kind of change.” Liuxing offered a softer smile, knowing it must be difficult for Villam at this point. She was at least glad that her home could offer him a new home.

“Ah! Well, those are some valuable skills!” Liuxing kept her pace, but looked back at Villam. “Much of your duties will include patrolling the borders and using your senses to help keep us all safe and alert.” Her gaze returned in front of her as she outlined the basics for him. “You’ll be assigned to a group that you’ll be with for much of your patrols, so don’t worry about doing things all alone!”

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:03 pm

“I see.” Villam’s eyes followed her gaze, briefly pausing on various members and landmarks they passed. “Maybe that’ll help me out starting off.” He let out a chuckle, wondering what his first assignment would be like. “So, I’ll be with others patrolling?” It was comforting to know, and he even let his mind entertain the idea of making friends with his fellow guards.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 pm

“Mhm, that’s right!” Liuxing slowed, turning to face Villam. “Sometimes you’ll be with a group, though sometimes you might just be a pair. It depends on the assignment and the threat level at the time.” Things had only recently settled after the all the chaos; needless to say, Liuxing had been particularly busy at the time. It had also been the first time that she’d felt real pressure, as she had taken over responsibility of the pride. Returning to her more daily duties had been a relief, and further reinforcement that she hadn’t been prepared to be Queen.

“Is there anything more specifically that you have questions about?”

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:10 pm

“Well, it’s good to know I’ll always have backup.” He slowed his pace as Liuxing came around. Was she ready to end the meeting already? Though, there really wasn’t too much more to discuss.

“I think I get the picture. So when do I start?” Villam smiled, wondering what his schedule would be like from now on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm

“Come meet with me at dawn. I’ll start you with a morning assignment.” Liuxing smiled, briefly considering with unit to add him to.

“I do hate to just pop by and run - I have a few other responsibilities to attend to.” She paused, not wanting to leave a bad impression with him. “Would you like to walk with me to my next meeting? We can chat some more about some of the details with your guard duties.” A walk with a purpose was right up her alley; two birds with one stone, as some would say.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm

“Ah - yes! That would be great.” Perhaps they could even chat about non-work related things. While Villam was excited about having a purpose, he had also missed just the simple social interactions with others. Following her to her next task, Villam was feeling much more at ease with his new home and his new job.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games