[PRP] Hearing Music (Ta-lem and Kusisitiza x Melodiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm
Perhaps she’d struck a chord but at least one of them looked to be more at ease. With Tiza smiling at her she felt as if she’d done something right, though really she’d been speaking from the heart. Still, it made her sad that he was having such a rough time. Melodiah wasn’t upset with him, just confused in a way yet understanding that this whole thing could be seen as weakness. For all she knew, he could’ve been bombarded with questions for years and she’d just asked him one though hopefully it wasn’t too similar to the others. Maybe that helped, just a little. She could only hope so as she stood still, waiting.

Gods. That came out of left field for her, but luckily enough she knew some due to her teachings as a cub. Her pride had been lost but she did receive lessons about critical things such as hinting, before things crumbled. “Yes. Before...I was separated from my pride...I learned some. They worshipped several gods...” Tye children of a god? Her expression changed to one of wonder, ears peeking forward. “The children...I’ve heard very little of them. I just know that they exist and...I think I was told they could have some form of power, lessened, of the god parent. I know two gods can have cubs, and that a god and a mortal can. That is the most I’m aware of though, I’ve never seen a god before.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:28 am
Ta-lem tilted his head with a quick up-and-down flick of his eyebrows, sort of the facial equivalent of a shrug. She wasn't completely correct, but she wasn't wrong either - Seer powers didn't have anything to do with the particular powers of the parent God. In fact, most Gods themselves didn't have these powers - the power to see the past, the present and the future. But at least Melodiah had the building blocks to knowing what he was talking about.

"That isn't quite how it works," Ta-lem started, then paused. Maybe it was just his annoyance with his too-recent accident, maybe he was just flustered that he had even become that distracted in the first place. Whatever the reason, the moody male decided he didn't feel like delving into too much detail at this particular moment. "For now, let's just say that the offspring of Gods... we do have some form of powers. I'll explain it better another time, okay?"

The blue-and-yellow male made sure to emphasize the "we" to get across the point that he himself was a demigod. His tone was not unkind, though Tiza detected the notes of tiredness in his pensive baritone. As Ta-lem stood and started to pad off again, Tiza motioned to Melodiah to hang back.

"Don't take it to heart, child," she whispered softly, the den-mother in her evident in her gentle voice. "He's always been a bit of a weary old soul; much older than his actual years. He'll let you know the full truth in time. Besides, that's the first time he's ever made any mention of intending to have "another time" with anyone, and that's a good sign."

Tiza was positively beaming. It honestly was the first time she had ever heard Ta-lem insinuate future plans with anyone other than herself. He had never even hinted that he might want to reunite with his own family, though he admitted on occasion to missing his brother dearly.

Ta-lem, with his heightened sense of hearing, heard the whispered conversation behind him, but he found he didn't mind. He pretended instead to be focused on testing his - quite uninjured - paw. It simplified things for him to have Tiza around to try to explain what he couldn't quite put into words. How wonderful if the wild dog could only explain his powers for him. The thought made Ta-lem snort with laughter. Tiza only just understood herself what went on in his head; she was in no position to try to describe it.

Henry_kunz

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:09 am
Melodiah listener quietly, patiently as the male near her responded. Luckily it seemed as though she knew enough to not disappoint him which she’d been worried about, though the talk of Gods confused her. It was so sudden...at least to her.

As he explained a bit she caught on to the emphasis on the word ‘we’ but at first it didn’t sink in, it couldn’t. Surely he wasn’t implying what she thought he was. Then again, that’d explain how he saw her among a few other things from their interactions together. When Tiza gestures for her to hang back there’s no hesitation, shock evident across her face. The words reach the lioness’s ears yet her gaze shifts between Ta-lem and Tiza, mouth parted just slightly as if she wants to speak but can’t.

“Y...yeah.” A final glance in his direction then her focus is fully on Tiza, eyes still a tad wide though she’s relaxed. “I think...I think I get it, but of course I couldn’t fully. Don’t worry, I won’t pry.” With a soft sigh she gives the wild dog a soft yet sweet smile. “If he means what I think, then that’s a lot of weight for one lion’s shoulders. I can admire someone like that...Thank you Tiza, I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. You two make a great team.”  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:41 am
"I just try to smooth out his rough edges," Tiza smiled. The wild dog knew at least some of the things in Ta-lem's heart that he wouldn't or couldn't say, and tried her best to help him when she could. Like she knew now that he already liked Melodiah, but that he had problems getting attached - considering Tiza was the only one that he hadn't lost in the end - and his fondness made him even more defensive than normal. "He'd never admit it out loud, but it does weigh on him."

Ta-lem's ears twitched up ahead; he genuinely appreciated her efforts but Tiza had a knack for revealing a little too much sometimes while never thinking it too much. It was "good for him". He should cut Tiza off before she made him out to be some sort of softy. He turned back to face their direction, then called over his shoulder in a teasing tone.

"Are you guys coming, or what? I'm the cripple here, you should be able to keep up."

Tiza rolled her eyes, but smiled, starting toward Ta-lem and indicating for the earth-toned lioness to follow - not that she needed to. They met up with Ta-lem and he fell into step beside them, the trio ambling casually on toward nothing in particular. As they walked, the raspberry-and-cream canine struck up a more jovial conversation, showing off her adornments to Melodiah and explaining where she'd found them. Today's accessories included her usual, everyday items - the silver earring in the top-inside of her left ear, and the faded blue-gold-and-white tribal-patterned scarf tied around the base of her tail - as well as her most recent random additions - a multi-colored bead bracelet displayed on her front right paw and a chunky, bright green necklace made of braided string.

Henry_kunz
I'm going to end this one here - feel free to do a wrap-up post yourself - and we can start up another one where they've been traveling together for a little while? Play it that romantic feelings are coming out. If you want it, we can roleplay him explaining everything in detail to her in the next one, or you can roleplay in the next one that he already did it and she knows what's up as much as she can. Up to you. n.n

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 am
As Tiza’s words settled into her mind she caught the voice of the male, stopping her from saying anything. It wasn’t really that important regardless so with a growing smile she too caught up. “We’re here, don’t worry.” Her voice gave off a hint of playfulness as well, matching his as she easily kept up the pace with her two new friends. Maybe traveling in a little group wouldn’t be so bad, a pleasant change from lonely days and quiet nights.

Melodiah shows great interest in the different adornments and accessories Tiza shows off. Though she herself mainly just has the occasional flowers tucked behind her ears, she appreciates how good the various trinkets can look. The wild dog ends up making her contemplate ideas for herself....maybe even something for them both someday. Gifts.

[Fin]  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces