Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Feast] No Time for a Cat Nap! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:56 pm
K'bet and Blue Rubiginth

Yes, definitely! That too! Rubiginth's curiosity extended to the riders their clutchmates had chosen, certainly, but seeing their siblings free of their eggs was the first delight of his life. It added so much more context and depth to the stories he had already gathered, having spent so much time with them already.

"One of the stands impressions, yes." There had been another before his and possibly more after, though he wouldn't have noticed those. Once he had Impressed, K'bet's focus had understandably narrowed, at least temporarily. "How long were you at High Reaches? I grew up there, but I might have left before your time. As far as 'nowhere' is concerned, that's all I meant. Weyrless. I traveled a lot, then found myself here after being commissioned to write a play about dragons and weyrlings. I never imagined..." He paused as his blue rose and butted his head against K'bet's shins. "I thought my time at a weyr was over."

Rubiginth stayed where he was as he continued, sacrificing an almost invasive closeness to his conversation partner to be near his rider. Mine knows you won't harm him, he's just a little antsy. I was very unexpected, but he remembers his training. It won't be long before we are doing great things.

Lothwolf
sorry about the wait!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:20 pm
Lesta and green Auratath

The man’s gentle stroke elicited a pleasant, purring trill from the little green. Of course I did, she said. She might have thought it was somehow obvious what it was that she figured out, or perhaps she just didn’t yet know the logical progression of such a question, for she seemed to content to leave it at that. Couldn’t I have another bite of that fish? she asked her rider privately.

Unsure if Matotoka was included in the conversation, the girl answered aloud for his benefit. “Sorry, Orioth said only one bite for now… but I’ll have some more later, if you like.” She couldn’t help but grin at that last. Having a dragon sharing her mind was the most amazing thing ever.

Now?

“Come on, Auratath. We’ve got all night to celebrate!” Ah, yes. Her natural spirit was still making its way to the surface, buoyed upward by the new joy of her bond. She couldn’t even bring herself to be demure about it, holding out her hand again toward the man they’d been chatting with. “Do you dance, Matotoka?”

demon_pachabel

Teiha

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:59 am
V'den and Brown Yoneth | Western Wyerling | 22 | He/Him

He nodded as if he'd already realized, turning in his seat and draping one arm over the back of the chair to have more of a face to face conversation, the other hand falling to rest on Yoneth's neck in a gesture of casual affection. Had there been more than one stands impression? V'den had been occupied trying not to be mauled by angry greens or Yoneth himself through most of that. When he thought about it, there had been a young woman at the feeding tables wearing something extravagant though, hadn't there?

"Well, might be someone else will have to write that play, looks like your time at Western is just beginning." He affirmed with a grin for the triumph they both must be feeling. As thrilled as he was to impress at his first hatching, K'bet must be over the moon at this surprise after he'd given up. "I was one of the most recent candidates searched, wasn't there long enough to get close to much of anyone really. I expected to be going back tonight, I guess we were both surprised."

They found you just in time to get you to me. Yoneth remarked with a pleased rumble, a small purring thing from a dragon his size.

It won't be long before we're all doing great things. Yoneth agreed with Rubiginth, excited tone and faster eye whirl betraying how much he was looking forward to that time. Whoever survived would do great things anyway, but that's life. Most of them would be amazing, a few might be gone. V'den, again, advised he not share that last bit.

Smerdle
Aaaaand now I'm sorry for being slow cause I had D&D three nights straight and its exhausting lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Alya and White Baihath

He'd Impressed! He'd Impressed! Alya had snatched Isilje and sobbed on her shoulder with relief and happiness, and her darling girlfriend had ensured that she could be carried into the Feast once the hatching was over. Her eyes were sparkling, and she paused to cup Isilje's cheek to kiss her back with a tenderness that couldn't possibly be feigned. She'd never knew what love really felt like until coming to the Weyr, and now, she never wanted to let it go. "I know!" She chirped, her eyes practically shining. Alya was painfully aware of the loss they'd suffered--that poor candidate... but they'd also gained so many new dragonriders! "Oh, I can't wait to meet him!" Him being the blue, of course. "Do you see them?" She asked, eagerly reaching out to squeeze Isilje's hand with excitement. If only her leg was healed, she'd be darting through the crowd!

Baihath was bouncing impatiently outside, wishing he was still small enough to come meet all of the new hatchlings. They were Teth's, and one of them had been Rio's! That was the most exciting part! But something struck the white sharply, enough to offset his temporary disappointment... His siblings were here! Saith! Heichath! Nandith! Where are you? I've missed you! He was unable to fly as well and quickly as he wanted, but he'd race to their location as fast as he could!

MaraRune
Girlfriend. <3

Medigel
Saith! <3

Meepfur
They're looking for Rio, but also NANDITH!!!!!

Z o m b i k ii
Heichath!

--

Aerden

The Hatching had been both joyous and heartbreaking all at once. The candidate was characteristically stoic, hanging on the outskirts as he watched the happy mingling between friends, families, loved ones, and the newly minted Weyrlings. He was happy for them, truly, suffering none of the disappointments that might have plagued others. Every dragon found their perfect match. If a dragon was intended for him, it simply hadn't been shelled yet--and if a dragon wasn't intended for him, he'd found a new purpose in his life. He would learn to heal. True, he was too old to be considered an Apprentice, in his mind... but as long as Master Veena continued to teach him in his spare time.... Well, in three Turns, he could fully commit himself to her teachings.

An arm flung around him only earned a mild expression of surprise, soon replaced with a smile as he looked down at the exuberant young woman. "Was I lost?" He asked, which was practically a joke for Aerden. "Hello, Adi. Good..." He paused, squinting for the sun. "...Morning, I think it finally is."

Meepfur
the cutest werewolf dragonrider.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 pm
MaraRune
Sorry for the delay! < < Real life had me put tagging on hold.

ShinosBee
Since I think L'an is still right there. And I have no idea if N'ceph even knows L'an is Wren's dad. Whoops.

N'ceph of bronze Riventh
It might have been a early hour, but the dark-haired rider had no intention of turning back to his weyr for sleep, even after the Hatching had finished. After the last egg had shelled and found His, the crowds had moved off of the Hatching sands, and the great feast had begun! N'ceph had gone first to Riventh, so he might take a few moments joy with his bronze--hatchings always reminded him of the day he'd locked eyes with his handsome beast, and he'd wanted nothing more than to lean upon the great bulk that was his dragon, and reminisce.

By the time he'd managed to part ways, the feast was well on its way; there were individuals of all sorts eating, drinking, laughing, and enjoying themselves; new weyrlings were proudly with their dragons, being congratulated and lauded by the Weyr. While all of them were adorable and worth admiring, there was one he certainly wished to see. By the time his eyes landed on him, he found him rather preoccupied with both the blonde-haired L'an, and his bright colored dragon.

Not wishing to be rude or force his way over, the rider grabbed a drink of wine, and lingered close enough to Wren where he might catch his eye, but was distant enough not to interrupt. There were many out there who might wish to give the young man best wishes and meet his dragonet. He would bide his time and wait to send his felicitations.

Riventh, for his part, had no need to put himself in a queue. Instead, the large beast sent a wave of welcome and warm wishes to the young Nimrath. Welcome to the world, young one. Mine sends yours best wishes for the future, and looks forward to meeting you soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:54 pm
ShinosBee
Sorry for the delay! I'll get to Wione next!

K'tos and brown Minoth
A Hatching was always cause of celebration, even with the loss of life that came with it. Blood had been spilled, and a Candidate had fallen--but new life had broke shell, and thirty-seven Candidates had found Theirs after all this time. Minoth had been especially interested in the clutch, as it wasn't often browns were favored in a Queen Flight. Though the dragon had some strong feelings about young Teth's behavior, the brown had held managed to hold his tongue--even if he'd given K'tos an earful. Thankfully, the young hatchlings ultimately did find Theirs, and that made the Hatching nothing but a great success. Western Weyr could not persevere without hatchings, especially now; where Hatchings had once been a celebrated event before Threadfall, now, they ensured the Western Continent's continued safety. Pern had forgotten how badly dragons were needed, and K'tos was certain those of Hold and Hall didn't realize how hard a battle it was to keep the Wings full. Though Hatchlings broke shell with fair regular basis now--Threadfall could--and often did--too easily cull their numbers. Ah, but today the Weyr was blessed with almost forty strong; an entire Wing upon itself and two golds.

Surely, the Harper's were already taking note.

Unlike some, K'tos was expected and required to show up for the Feast. No matter how exhausted he might have been, no matter how he might have preferred to return to his weyr to celebrate with G'ar a bit more quietly, he had no choice. This was his duty, and he wouldn't let the weyrlings, or their guests, down. Sleep could and would come later. For now, he moved about the crowd, rubbing shoulders with the various Lords and Ladies, and offering heart-felt congratulations to the young weyrlings of Western. He moved about the crowd easily enough, though his gaze periodically drifted among the crowd in search of a particular face.

Finally, with much surprise, but greater pleasure, K'tos spotted G'ar among the crowd. Excusing himself from his current conversation with some so-and-so, knowing full well he'd be back to shmoozing in short order, the dark-haired man moved deliberately over to where his lover was picking his way through the crowd. "G'ar," he spoke as he approached, but the name was laced with nothing but love, joy, and warmth. There was no hiding his fondness for the blue rider; no hiding the tenderness in his words. He might not have always been the most out-going or forward of brown riders, but he was loyal, and there was no doubt that he was terribly and utterly smitten. "I'm glad you made it," he spoke, reaching out so he might take G'ar's hand. If given, he would bring it to his lips, and offer the knuckles a sweet kiss in greeting.

Minoth, for his part, had also settled himself in the Bowl. The brown dragon wanted to watch the weyrlings as they passed, and of course, keep an eye on the festivities. There was nothing like a party and celebration to stir the heart-strings, and to see the new weyrlings as they passed was nothing but a pleasure. Still, the brown dragon did feel as if he were missing something... Reaching out, the dragon gently brushed his mental-touch against Marasameth in fond greeting. This is a night of joy and celebration, sweet Marasameth, and I yearn to be close to your side. Might you have room for some company for there are no dragons here that interest me as much as you. Oh, yes, the young weyrlings were nothing short of adorable; and there were wingmates and visitors of all colors and sizes. But to be apart from the blue was a pain far greater than Threadscore... and if the brown was known to wax poetic on the best of days, when Marasameth was near, Minoth was simply incorrigible.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

sariraii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm
X'teis of Brown Damisath, he/him, new weyrling!
X'teis nodded to Phryana, taking the hand and shaking it. His handshake was hardly the most firm or confident, but it did the trick. Phryana and Kleoth? Well...now that he had them here, what was he supposed to say? He gave a quick glance to his dragon. Without the need to shrug people off and avoid them, with this sudden freedom allotted by Impression, he was left without any familiar ground beneath him.

Luckily, Damisath took charge. You are too kind, my sister, Damisath replied, words soft and smooth. He wasn't yet sure what he thought of any of his siblings, but he could be charming, either way, couldn't he? We are well, and I hope you can say the same for you and yours?

Suddenly, someone else was talking.

X'teis glanced back as his sister slipped her way into the conversation, slipping her arm around his. A whirlwind, as always, Ilauria pulled him into a hug, and he patted her shoulder until she let go. It wasn't that he hated affection, far from it. He was just a bit embarrassed. He was proud of Impressing Damisath, but this was all quite a bit much. Still. He owed it to Damisath to have fun, before the poor brown got bored with him.

Just because many things are boring doesn't mean I'll ever be bored of you, X'teisMine. The dragon gave X'teis's leg a headbump, before focusing his attention on Ilauria. Hello. You're X'teis's sister and Ovshth's rider. It was a fact, not a question, as he gave her mind a gentle, wordless brush that managed to communicate interest and greeting, as he fixed Ilauria with a steady gaze. Was that X'teis's imagination, or did Damisath crane his head in just the right way for Ilauria to admire his lovely spots? Was the pride at the compliment originating from Damisath, X'teis, or maybe both?

Although Ilauria was of X'teis's bloodline, Damisath found her less interesting and far less intelligent. After all, no one else came close to being his intellectual equal, and that was the most important thing to gauge one on. Regardless, Damisath was glad to meet Ilauria--that left only a few more people to meet who were important to X'teis. Ilauria, Zarsteyr, and--

Nope! We're not thinking of her! X'teis suddenly flushed, a mixture of embarrassment and frustration, as he realized that his sister had turned her attention towards Phryana. He slumped a bit more, hoping his sister didn't notice his sudden shift in comfort. What was he going to do about Oreune?

ShinosBee

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 am
BastetAmun
Sorry for the delay!

Medigel
Sorry for the delay!

Kiri & green Felisath
The brown-haired girl gave a shake of her head as C'ryn apologized. "We were just getting to know one another, really," Kiri explained breezily after Stormy rose. Her green eyes did notice that the girl seemed to immediately wilt, and it was enough of a submissive display to note. Even Felisath, still quite yellow-eyed about practically everything, took a moment to send a small, assuring creel at Stormy. The green wasn't going to leave from her position behind Kiri, but she understood well that sort of anxiety.

"She is a beauty, isn't she?" Kiri spoke, unable to resist the opportunity to talk more about Felisath, pleased that C'ryn had taken note. While she knew her precious darling was shy, at the same time, she also knew that the little green desperately yearned for acceptance and attention. And what better way to prove how accepted she was than to speak up about her fine qualities? "I can't wait to see her in sunlight," she mused, trying not to sigh like a besotted fool and failing quite happily. "And to think I once thought about leaving the Weyr." She gave a snort and another smile. "I just never knew--" and she stopped herself, quite certain that if she started speaking about Felisath, Impression, and the sudden life-changing love that gripped her she'd likely bring herself to tears once more. While every Candidate knew that Impression was a personal and life-changing thing, that it couldn't fully be described, but what descriptions they did get paled in comparison to the reality of it. It truly was something indescribable.

Giving a small shake of her head, she smiled brightly at Stormy, even if the other girl didn't see it. Kiri certainly didn't want anyone to feel left out or excluded, and Felisath, she knew, was rather anxious to get to a quieter corner. "Refreshment would be lovely, if you wouldn't mind," she conceded. After spending all that time on the hot sands, a drink, and a it to eat, sounded divine. "That corner table should do it, if you think there's enough light for you?" She asked the other girl.

Felisath, for her part, gave a surprised blink when C'ryn crouched down and spoke to her. She lowered her head a bit, eyes whirling a bit brighter yellow in alarm, but Kiri's gentle touch calmed the young one. She offered the young man a small, tentative little croon, bofore burying her face back against Hers' legs.

Kiri, for her part, reached down a second time, this time offering C'ryn a hand to help him stand--and to gently break his focus on her little green. She wasn't sure if other weyrlings were having such trouble, but Felisath certainly wasn't ready for such one-on-one focus with so many new faces. "I know she was interested in some of the Deep Fish, and I wouldn't mind some myself, if you wouldn't mind?" She spoke on behalf of her green, who had certainly been interested in the morsel that had her brothers in such bliss.

With all that so easily arranged, Kiri tried hard to catch Stormy's shy gaze. "Shall we then, Stormy? I think that corner table will do us all a bit of good." The quiet might ease Felisath and Stormy's nerves, and it would allow for an easier time to talk and better get to know one another.

((Feel free to place them all by the table--I assume Stormy is going, and Felisath isn't leaving Kiri for a second.))

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:42 am
Matotoka

The little dragon seemed to enjoy such attention at least, though Matotoka was certain even if it had been rejected she wouldn't have done much more than push him away and express displeasure. An impressed baby wouldn't have been violent...right? Maybe the young ones still were a little off in that sense while the bond was new. He certainly had never heard that, so he trusted his training to it. "Well, I'm glad to hear that you found it, then," whatever it was. He still wasn't sure and it sounded like Auratath wasn't going to tell him.

Smiling at the little hint of conversation from Lesta, Matotoka stood up straighter, leaving the darling dragon to lull hopefully on the floor. "Good thing you're at Western, then. There will be lots and lots of fish in both of your futures," he mused. He'd not eaten much of it growing up, but he'd found it pleasant enough.

As Lesta extended her hand to him, Matotoka took it with another smile. "Of course I dance. Plus, you can work up an appetite for more of that fish your little one seems to crave, hmm?" Of course, he would have danced even without the excuse.

Teiha
20 years later

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:03 am
Adi

"Maybe you were and didn't know it!  You might have perished all alone out here if I hadn't found you," Adi teased with a wink, releasing him from her brief hold so as not to spill anything on him...and also held up the plate of goodies in silent invitation, in case he was hankering for cheese or a meatroll, or any of the other finger-food snacks she'd acquired.

"Morning to you, too!  Or...whatever it is.  Quite a way to wake up, wasn't it?" Not that middle-of-the-night Hatchings were rare, in the realm of Hatching circumstances, and she at least had only had the humming and a gentle mental nudge from Mazamath to wake her.  Very different from Aerden and the other candidates, with the Candidatemaster and Assistants rousting them out and making sure they were ready fast.  Adi could always have gone back to sleep, if she wanted, but who would want to miss baby dragons?!

Blue Nandith
Nandith was pleased as punch to be at Western for a visit to his siblings!  True, on paper at least they were here for the Hatching, but he was much more interested in mingling with the brothers and sisters he hadn't seen in months...and the party was a bonus!  He'd made his initial greetings upon their arrival at the Hatching itself but the good times had been put on hold until all the formalities were through.  So now!  Finally!!

The long, elegant blue was just settling into a casually showy pose when Baihath called out, and he swiveled his head to look for his white brother with whirling blue-purple eyes. Baihath!  Over here, brother! he crooned, rising to his feet and moving to at least meet him somewhere in the middle, well aware that he was not in the best of conditions.  Physically, at least.

Tsunake
Rio is next I swear. orz

Meepfur
Crew

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:28 am
Rio and Blue Tierboskath

Tierboskath was immensely comfortable - not because the Dining Hall floor was particularly posh, but because he was in the fine company of Saheth, and they were soon joined by Nimrath.  The blue oozed contentment, and was immensely pleased with himself for 'discovering' the Deep Fish besides.  He watched every sibling who came for a piece with blue-purple eyes, as though enjoying it himself all over again as they indulged themselves.  How he would have loved to have more than that single piece, but as he could not, he would have to settle for enjoying others' enjoyment of it.  It wasn't quite the same, but he supposed it would do.

After His had chatted on awhile longer, the young dragon stirred again, moving to rub affectionately against Saheth and any other nearby amenable clutchsib before nosing gently at his rider. Loathe as I am to leave such esteemed company, he purred, Mine and I do have a pressing appointment to keep that I have quite been looking forward to.  So we will have to bid you all farewell for now, but we will see you again very soon, of course! Soon, and every day for the next Turn - and many days after that, surely.  There would be no shortage of time for enjoying each others' company, even if such grand occasions as this one were few and far between.  There could be cuddles, grooming, and pleasant conversation regardless.

"Ah!  Right-" Rio bent to kiss Tierboskath's forehead, rubbing behind his headknobs as he did so. "As he says, we should be going for now, but I'm sure we'll catch you all again soon enough."

And so they made their polite exit from that little gathering, and went in search of two most fetching whiteriders.  Tierboskath moved himself easily through the crowd, quickly getting ahead of Rio, and was first to spot the young women.  Much as he had when he'd had the brief pleasure of Isilje's company earlier, the little blue executed a sweeping bow, radiating warmth and fondness for the pair that was so prevalent in His' thoughts. Isilje, how lovely to see you again...and you must be Alya! Not an ounce of shyness in him, he rose from his bow to stride right up to them, offering affectionate boops and rubbing right up alongside Alya (a gesture that was not only friendly, but prime invitation to receive all due affection in return). I do trust you are enjoying the party, though if you are not, that will change presently, I am sure!

He was here, after all!  And His... oh dear, he'd quite left him behind!  But along he came soon enough, all bright smiles and joy. "Well, I see you've met Tierboskath," he laughed, dipping down to press a kiss to each of their foreheads - just little pecks, nothing unchaste or dangerous! "I'm sorry if we kept you waiting, he was very taken with the Deep Fish."

Oh, yes, blame it on me.  I see how it is, the blue lamented, though it was clearly nothing more than fond teasing.

Tsunake

MaraRune

Mr Cheri
Tierb promises that much lounging and grooming and hopefully more fish lies in their future emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 pm
Green Monath of Demanthra

Monath was happy to hear her brother did not mind her company, though she did notice he wasn't really talking to anyone else. Of course, it wasn't like they were home right now and tensions between the two Weyrs were still being worked out since the double clutch they had at their home Weyr. A soft laugh came from her when she heard her brother's comment about being as small as some of these bronzes.

Well, you certainly seemed bigger to me..as much as I was paying attention at the time of our own hatching. I might have been a bit..preoccupied. However, you have grown into quite an admirable bronze, Aresoth. And yes, we have been busy ever since we switched candidatemasters after our last hatching. We may have lost some to Western, but they did lose some to us our last hatching,Monath reminded.

BastetAmun

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm
K'bet and Blue Rubiginth

Mmhm. I'm glad you agree! Rubiginth had a rather skewed interpretation of 'great things', but now was neither the time nor the place to get into any of that. The blue was beginning to tire, and he really wanted to try this dancing thing before he had to take a nap.

"Ye-es." Something about the way K'bet drew out the word suggested he hadn't yet thought about how impossible it would be to keep up with his writing. He had managed to juggle duties and hobbies back when he had been a Candidate, but he'd been admittedly lackluster at that toward the end. "Yes, it is. I'm... um... surprised is a good word." He swallowed, then forced a smile and a light chuckle. "It's a shock. I find myself feeling like I'm being flung between overwhelming happiness and sheer, unrelenting terror."

After the third or so longing glance at the dance floor in as many minutes, Rubiginth butted his head hard against K'bet's leg, interrupting his discomfort. Can we go dance, Mine? Please?

There's, like, a really good chance that I will fall and break my neck.

I'll make sure they write the best stories about you when you do?

K'bet found himself smiling, despite the morbid turn to their conversation. "Well, um, I've been asked to dance and I can't refuse," he said to V'den. "But I trust we'll be seeing so much of each other in the future that we'll wish we could stop."

Have an exciting evening until I see you again, brother! Rubiginth piped. Unless you want to come?

Lothwolf

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces