The snow was melting from the mountains, a sign they needed to move. Two Tone was quick on his feet to lead the small pack, arriving at their base den after a little bit of traveling. He snorted, tasting the air as unfamiliar scents entered his nostrils. Soon, he would need to mark the area, to ward off threats that the area was claimed.

The dual colored eyes glanced towards the playful pup, running in and out of the large den. "Stay inside," the male commanded to the pup, causing a whine. "I'll be back."

And he was gone, trotting through the underbrush as he began to reclaim territory. Another was here recently, their scent lingering in the air. A brief snarl, Two Tone found himself following his nose. Who was this stranger?

"You've got to move a little faster, child." Dusk spoke in a raspy voice, a voice that showed her age as well as a flash of her short temper. Something about the way the dark female held herself screamed disapproval, yet she stood still, waiting on the younger female.

"You're always so bossy." the red wolf snickered as she moved to stand face to face with the older wolf, flashing her a cheeky grin before huffing. "We are fine. Don't worry so much?"

"I never said I was worried. I just know how She likes things." Dusk spat, glancing away. Her eyes settled on the distance as the two females made their way through the Bluestone valley on there way back home. For the most part this trip had been very unsuccessful, but something new caught her nose. Her pale eyes narrowed as she glanced off into the distance, hushing Feral as she spoke out.

"Someone else is here."

"Well, this is open range, I would assume that much." Feral shrugged as she looked around, frowning softly herself.

"Just keep your eyes out." Dusk snapped back as she quickly moved deeper into the valley. She just wanted to get home.

Another scent? Two strangers? Two Tone found himself slowing as the scents grew. He was no stupid wolf, two against one never were fair odds. He would have to wait it out, watch for a while once he found the bearers', to see what their intentions were.

He slowed, spotting the two she-wolves nearby. They, too, seemed on guard, as they traveled further into the valley. The lighter male followed quietly behind them, avoiding fallen branches to make sound. Surely his scent would permeate the area, but right now he wasn't too worried.

They didn't seem as if they were a hostile bunch, but one could never be too careful.

Finally, the male called out, slowing his speed to a stop. "Where are the two of you heading?"