Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:02 am
"Those sound like very safe odds for you - given that's more than half of all dragons," Greens alone made up most of the population of dragons after all. Perhaps this Candidate didn't know that Shalaera had been one as well and would know such a thing? "No matter which of the two, it will be between 23 and 29 feet long." It was a big window - but so had Astri's been.

As for the whites.. "If there are any whites, I bet the first - if multiples - will be a girl."

Shalaera bets the first white to hatch - if there are multiples - will be female.
Shalaera bets that the green-or-blue that Astriana has bet on impressing will be between 23'-29' long.

Dea and #Teddy#
Since greens are half the dragon population and adding blue to that is a little extreme in number-odds, I had to make Shalaera's counter-bet just as big for the sake of fairness. If she doesn't like that, she's free to change her bet and Shalaera will accordingly! biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:00 am
[Pach's bet is just for fun and she cannot win anything if she's right, lmao]

Taiena was not normally the betting sort. But a downed dragon had a way of leaving a lot of time to think about things - the eggs, A'iel, the upcoming hatching, her brother's odds, A'iel... hoo boy. But she'd gotten wind of Shalaera being in the Weyr that day and had taken it upon herself in some of her newfound down(sigh)time to find the woman.

Shalaera had been in the middle of notating other bets when she approached. "Excuse me," she interjected politely when it looked like she was noticed, offering a smile. "Are you still taking bets? I'd like to bet on one of the candidates - Nikal - impressing."

The flitbreeder offered the young woman a smile. "Of course. Nikal? Is that yourself?" she asked, noting how young Taiena looked.

Tai's lips tightened slightly. "No. I impressed several Turns ago," she said, trying to not immediately guess that Shalaera had perhaps thought her...younger than she was. "Nikal is my baby brother."

Shalaera pretended she hadn't been assuming things (she had been) and instead jotted down the bet quickly. "Brother, hmmm? Well, I bet if he does, it will be a brown. Sound good?"

Tai let it go. "Sounds great. I'll hope we're both right."

Taiena has bet that Nikal will impress.
Shalaera has bet it will be a brown.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am
Rinis adored hatchings. It was just a fun (usually) and exciting time. One of the funnest things to do was bet on the clutch. It didn't take her long to find her mentor and familiar face Shalaera. She waved and grinned with Bourbon perched on her shoulder.

"Hey Shalaera! How's it going? Got any new ones?" She grinned at the joke. "I've got a bet for you! I bet the majority of the green hatchlings will go to boys." Rinis had a feeling the boys would be the lucky ones come Hatching day.

((OOC: This is just among the 23 PC eggs))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:54 am
Dhawsn wasn’t drunk, but he was definitely a little punchdrunk. It was hard not to get giddy every time eggs were around, especially with an excitable father like Teth. Getting over the initial wave of It Is Time, it was also time to follow up on another staple tradition once he’d heard Shalaera was in town.

“‘Ey, girl!” he called as he approached. “Nice seein’ ya around. How ya been?” Dhawsn couldn’t just hop to the bets, no, he had to make pleasantries first, talk up a few candidates he was friends with and hopeful for, pet the flits if they were amenable, the works.

Only after did he get to the purpose of his visit. “Awright, so this time I think there’ll be more boys on greens this go,” Dhawsn said with confidence. “Call it a gut instinct.”

(They were always gut instincts.)

Dhawsn bets that there will be more male-identifying candidates on greens

- - -

Quietly, furtively, Nikal slunk after the flit breeder, a little annoyed she wasn’t stationed like she usually was. Although maybe being on the move made it easier not to get spotted.

“Same as before,” he said when he caught up, almost to himself. “Veikel gets a dragon.” He described his brother (three moles, tall as s**t, probably has flowers or smells like them, healer) and left as soon as Shalaera have a counterbet and jotted it down.

The last time he hadn’t bet on a sibling, he’d gotten semi mauled and them saved by Kandjith. It had become almost rote and ritual since, even if he didn’t always wholly believe a stands impression would happen.

Nikal bets Veikel will get a dragon  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:18 pm
Shalaera greeted Rinis with a smile, reaching out to offer Bourbon a pet - if they'd take it. Sylif shifted on her shoulder with a small cheep of greeting, leaning out to try and sniff at the unknown flitter.

"Depends on who you remember me having last time! Sylif and Wallow are fairly recent additions, but they're still over a Turn old now," she answered, "Plus I kept one of Salia and Artemision's recently. We'll see what they turn into." It may have been a joke, but she answered it seriously before considering Rinis' bet. "More than half to the boys, hmm? Very well, then for every boy over half of the greens I bet we'll see a girl on a non-traditional color - brown or blue."

Shalaera bets that for every boy over half that impresses green, a girl will impress blue or brown. Ex. There are 6 greens and 5 impress to boys. That means 2 browns-or-blues impressed to a girl.

Magnadearel

"Hello! I've been well! Came by to check on some of my last placements to make sure they're still being nice and nobody has any health concerns," Dragonhealers didn't always have the expertise - or patience - for dealing with Firelizards when bigger and more important things were on their plate. As he drew closer, Laena leaned out from Shalaera's shoulder with a croon, stretching her little neck out in hopes maybe some fingers eager to pet a little green were headed her way.

This immediately sent Euboea scrambling over to see if there were pets available for him as well. Pets? Pets! Pets!!! Cheep cheep!

Shalaera pushed Mele's red-eyed head back to the opposite shoulder, ignoring his attempts to n** at her fingers. Dhawsn's bet was not the first of it's kind and the breeder idly wondered if perhaps they currently had more boys on the sands than they did girls feeding into that. She wouldn't worry to check to it, however. "Very well. I bet at least a third of those greens go to High Reaches boys."

Shalaera bets that at least 1/3rd of the boys that impress greens - if over half - are from High Reaches.

----

...Oh this Nikal. Recognition, and the name Taiena had dropped, hit Shalaera firmly. She'd never met the older woman before, after all. Perhaps Veikel was another sibling?

"Very well. I bet it will be you who gets the dragon," she said firmly, knowing in her heart of hearts there were few candidates who didn't want that very thing to be the bet they lost to. She had to hope for the best, after all.

Shalaera bets Nikal will impress.

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:52 pm
demon_pachabel

Bourbon crooned and reached head up for the required scratches. She peeped back at Sylif in greeting.

"Really?!" Rinis gushed. Shalaera just seemed to attract flits to her. "I got a new brown recently." She still didn't have as many as the older flit breeder. Maybe someday.

"Ahhhhhh! I look forward to seeing who Impresses." It would be a fun bet. Rinis was looking forward to the Hatching even more now. Others were waiting, so Rinis waved a quick goodbye and headed off.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:55 pm
Adi did not need another firelizard. Really. She had six now, after snooping in on the hatchings of the clutches the High Reaches candidates had foubd on the beach. But offer her the opportunity to play a game, and how could she possibly resist? Besides, if she won, she could always give it to a friend! Who wouldn't want a cute little flit? And if she was really being honest with herself, she did rather want a brown...it was the only color she didn't have! So maybe...

With one of her blues, Promise, draped lazily over her shoulder, and her new little bronze dangling from the wrap around her waist making happy sounds about going for a 'ride,' she sought out Shalaera to make her bet - though not before cooing happily at all her flits that were present. How precious! "They're all so cuuuute." She waggled her fingers in greeting, while Promise cheeped amiably from his perch. "Hiiii."

"Oh, um, right! I'd like to make a bet! And I'll bet thaaaat...at least one of the blues will be bigger than mine! Maz is thirty feet, nose to tail! I mean, obviously they don't hatch that big, but...you know what I mean, right?"

Adi bets that at least one blue will have an adult length of 31+ feet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:23 pm
Astriana's face did not betray her thinking, but anyone who knew her would see it in her eyes. The woman was right, it was quite a safe bet, did she want it to be that safe? Hearing the counter bet, her eyes showed a smile that her lips did not at the moment. Alright, so they were both going for safe on that one, though she had to think if she wanted to be that safe. Caelia chirped from her left shoulder, the woman nodded her head.

"My flit, Caelia, reminded me I do not like to make things that easy, I do like to challenge myself. So I would like to revise my second bet to be that I will impress a blue,"Astri spoke calmly. After all, even here at Western, blues were not usually for girls.

Astriana changes her second bet to impressing a blue

demon_pachabel
Astri said it was too easy, let's make it more of a challenge lol

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 am
Little Euboea nearly tumbled off of Shalaera's shoulder in an attempt to get some pets from Adi, peeping as the woman reached up to support the brown's chest in his leaaaaaaaan without even thinking. "Thank you. I'm very proud of my brood," she beamed, reaching out to offer her hand to the little bronze that Adi was wearing about herself. "You've some handsome little guys as well!"

She could have been distracted in Firelizards all day had Adi not changed the topic. "Ah. You know, you can kind of see which ones will end up real big, y'know? Like some absolutely surprise you last minute, but sometimes you can just....tell. If that makes sense?" She'd done enough betting at least to get a vague idea of it.

"Very well. I bet there will be at least one blue that is as small as they come."

Shalaera bets at least one blue will be 23'

Meepfur

----

Ah, there was something with a bit more fun to it. Shalaera shrugged one of her shoulders idly to force the little brown sitting on it to adjust how he was sitting - nearly leaning right off, that one, peeping for pets.

"A blue, hmm? Very well..." she stroked her chin thoughtfully at this. "I bet you impress the dragon that hatches very middle of them all. If for some reason there ends up being an even number of baby dragons that hatch," sometimes an egg simply did not hatch, after all, "then my bet is invalidated."

Shalaera bets that Astri will impress the dragon that hatches very middle of all the babies. If for some reason there is an even number, sucks to be her. This only counts for PC eggs that hatch.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm
Astriana listened carefully to Shalaera as she made her new counter bet, while one of the other's flits was peeping. She gently reached out a hand to give it a pet, since she could tell that is what it wanted.

"I think that sounds like a fair enough bet and quite a challenge indeed. I accept,"she responded, her eyes filled with warmth at the thought. If she actually impressed and it happened to be in the middle, at least she would have a dragon. That was one bet she wouldn't mind losing, if it so happened.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 am
[[I need to go jury OOC betting and then I'll roll all the prizes!]]

Shalaera - Bet tracking FINAL TALLY

Winners: Faesinger, Milady Emerald, Sariraii, Dea!

T’tain bets that the first dragon to impress will be a blue. - Loss, Green

T’tain bets that the last dragon to impress will be a green.- WIN!

Shalaera bets that the first dragon to hatch will be a Green.- Win

Shalaera bets that the last dragon to hatch will be a Brown.- Currently losing, Bronze

---
Vosin bets Killakeeth has hidden at least 5 more eggs - LOSS (no hidden eggs)

Shalaera makes no counter bet. - All 5 eggs must hatch at time of the hatching (AKA can't be added on at time of Graduation)

----

Candidate Jaiyce bets that he will Impress a Bronze - loss

Candidate Jaiyce bets that Killakeeth will have TWO golds - win

Shalaera counters that Jaiyce will impress a Blue. - Win!

Shalaera has no counter bet for 2 golds. - loss

-----

Qiana bets Keleres will Impress a female dragon. - NULL

Qiana bets that more Western candidates will Impress than High Reaches. - Winning ( Current Total: 16 Western, 2 unaffiliated, 1 that does not have their Weyr listed anywhere I look, 6 HR) (I'm sorry I didn't update these totals, but there were like 5 more dragons and they were not gonna change this XD XD) - WIN

Shalaera bets that Keleres' female dragon will be amongst the last 7 to hatch. - NULL

Shalaera bets that more than half of the metallics in Killakeeth's clutch will impress Western candidates. - Win! (Running Total: 6 Metallics, 5 to Western)

-------

Onyx bets that Nyrida will Impress a female dragon. - NULL

Onyx bets that there will be at least one stands Impression. - Win

Shalaera bets that Nyrida will impress a dragon that hatched from the first 6 eggs.- NULL

Shalaera bets that the stands impression - or first one if there are multiple - will be to a character that identifies male. -Loss
---------

Jacquol bets she will impress a green. - WIN

Shalaera is betting Jacquol's green will be between 22-24' (AKA 'Average' on the size chart)- WIN (23')
---------

Astriana bets that there will be at least two whites in the clutch. - LOSS

Astriana changes her second bet to impressing a blue - Win!

Shalaera bets the first white to hatch - if there are multiples - will be female. - Null

Shalaera bets that Astri will impress the dragon that hatches very middle of all the babies. If for some reason there is an even number, sucks to be her. - This only counts for PC eggs that hatch, not NPCs at Graduation - Loss
----
Taiena has bet that Nikal will impress. - Win!

Shalaera has bet it will be a brown. - Lose!
---
Rinis has bet that more than half of the greens in the clutch will impress boys. - Loss (8/14 female)

Shalaera bets that for every boy over half that impresses green, a girl will impress blue or brown. Ex. There are 6 greens and 5 impress to boys. That means 2 browns-or-blues impressed to a girl. - NULL
----
Dhawsn bets that there will be more male-identifying candidates on greens - Loss (8/14 female)

Nikal bets Veikel will get a dragon - Lose

Shalaera bets that at least 1/3rd of the boys that impress greens - if over half - are from High Reaches. - NULL

Shalaera bets Nikal will impress. - Win!
------

Adi bets that at least one blue will have an adult length of 31+ feet. - Loss!

Shalaera bets at least one blue will be 23' - Win!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff