[PRP] Purveyor of fine music

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:08 pm
The simple fact that Rinny Rin, as Kakariko dubbed her, and Arzuzu, as Kakariko dubbed the other in his mind, weren't paying him mind was a perfect excuse to go out and perhaps try to find a nice way to play music. It was a hobby Kakariko secretly enjoyed to pieces, but also one that reminded the gentle, if half mad leopard of the source of his mental troubles. Simply put, he'd roamed too far to play music and never saw his father again. Today, Kakariko would not allow his ffollies to trouble him, however, instead sitting with a few hollow reeds, trying to sort out their capability to be made into an easily played with paws instrument, and humming a happy tune as golden eyes turned the object over, tail switching in tune as he hummed and pondered, a bright, wide smile on the rogue's face as he chirped to himself.

"Well, this will be a fine instrument, yes yes!" He soothed himself. "Just needs to pierce... Here!" And a claw bore into the reed, neatly denting in a portion before he blew on it, considering the sound.

"Yes, yes this is right, this is right! How wonderful!"

MiddyGlow

-CRASHES INTO YOUR NOTIFICATIONS WITH A STARTER AT LAST-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:05 am
NovaCracker

Amalthea was on the move again she didn't have a home, so she traveled the rogue lands and often found herself in a great deal of trouble. She was a shy sweet leopard which made life very hard for her since she wasn't as strong and brave as some other creatures. She frowned as she came upon a leopard who seemed to be talking to himself over a strange thing of reeds. She was confused and curious as to what he was doing. She wanted to ask but she was nervous about interrupting him and making him angry at her. So she moved slowly trying to get a better look.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am
MiddyGlow

Lalariko didn't motice his audiance, or he might have put his work away from embarreassment -- music was something not all understood, but right now? He was happy, oblivious, and, in every sense, eager to test his reeeds, lifting them in a paw before blowing.

The notes weren't quite right, but they were still music, and considering how hard it was to play it without being polydactyl, Kakariko felt a sense of delight, beaming with triumph as he began to happily toot away before humming, putting it down.

"Yes, yes we think this is a start but much too hard. Much too hard for us, alright, maybe one will do."

And nimblely, the leopard collected another reed, examining it before again clawing a hole in, considered, and took it in his mouth, blowing again.

This time it sounded a bit better, leading him to experiment with notes merely using his mouth, soon forming a wild sort of melody -- nothing composed bar experimenting, but it seemed educational, Kakariko visibly utterly proud of himself -- when he accidently spit the reed fluyte out with a hard blow, the instrument landing at his audiance's feet harmloessly.

Only then did he realize he was being watched, and the leopard squeaked, pinning his ears apologetically as he huddled.

"Oh! Oh, we're sorry, we didn't mean to intrude!" That was the right way to respond right? Miss Rin said one should pay attention but he wasn'ty sure he did it right. "We were only trying to make an instrument! I'm Kakariko, I didn't mean to intrude!"

He was slightly panicked, afraid of a scolding and it showed in his speech, the normally half-broken royal we replaced by a sad, botish and humble 'I'.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:15 pm
NovaCracker

Amalthea blushed brightly when the male leopard finally noticed her and she was confused that he was apologizing to her. "Umm well, I... Umm, I am intruding on you not the other way around." She backed away a little and then she gathered that he had said his name to her. "Umm, I'm Amalthea." She said in a soft tone. She looked curiously at his instrument. She knew nothing of music, she had trained as a healer so that was what she knew. "So what is that?" She asked her tone just as soft as it had been to start with.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:04 pm
MiddyGlow
Sorry it took so long, the brain weasels were raiding the plot kjackelopes... e_e

"Oh we do not own this place it is only borrowed from the sky. Or maybe the dirt? We are not sure." Kakariko affording her a shrug, smiling brightly. This leopard was nice to him, which was about all he asked of anybody, and the leopard male pranced, picking up his reed and showing it to her.

"It is a music maker but I do not know what to call it. Butt if I blow it right it makes music, so it is just a music maker for now." And, sitting, he proceeded to blow, mouth shifting slightly for different notes, before he put it down.

"You have a opretty name, Amalthea. Is it music too? It sounds like a pretty name in a song!"

Was he excited? Yes. He so loved others!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:59 pm
NovaCracker

Amalthea was still confused about the we stuff. "Umm I don't mean to be rude, but what do you mean about the we? Do you have a familiar I'm not seeing?" She looked around confused. She did understand the not being able to own the land and sky that made sense. "Not being able to own the land makes sense though." She said in a soft tone. She smiled listening to the sound of his music maker. "That is really pretty." She blushed and then said "Thank you, that was very sweet of you." She sat down with the other strange but sweet leopard.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:56 pm
MiddyGlow

"No, no, nothing like that. We're by ouyrself right now." Kakariko tilted his head, then looked down as he finally realized he was confusing and worrying others again.

"Oh, oh we're sorry, we... We forget others do not speak as we...."

A small whimper escaped him, then, soft and low.

"My father did not like it. But it merely is how we- I? talk. And have since.... leaving. I just wamted to bring him some treasure to help him smile but..."

Kakariko huddled suddenly, trembling before her praise of his music sank in and he peered up.

"You think so? I -- have never made one, but I love music." He spoke slower, trying to process his words, but it was a struggle not to use the royal We. "Maybe I... Could help teach you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm
NovaCracker

Amathea tilted her head she still didn't understand why Kakariko referred to himself as we but she didn't want him to struggle just to make her more comfortable, now she understood that the we was just him. "It's alright you don't have to change how you speak for me." She blushed "I just didn't understand why you were speaking that way, I suppose your father didn't understand either and didn't try to understand if you want to talk about why I'm willing to listen." She said in a soft tone. She didn't want to be mean, but she wanted to know more about him and what made him the way he was. "Do you really think I could learn to play music too?"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 am
MiddyGlow

"It feels right. We feel comfortable." Kakariko smiled softly, the male inching closer shyly. "Father tried, he was very good! But he used to simply say it wasn't how others spoke unless they had power. But it feels comfortable, so we just slip into it. We... Can use I, but it feels... Like a different-me and not at all comfortable."

Then he looked arounds, scooping a small peice of old pelt up to examine. "I... Sometimes talk normal as others anyhow. I miss father. He disappeared when I sought to bring him a treasure, but I love him so. He tried ever so hard after mother died, I just hope... I hope he's alright and knows I love him..."

The leopard pinned his ears sadly, asoft sad sound coming of him before he found fibers and small pebbles, and suddenly in a swift movement he made a pouch of stones.

"We should think of music, though! We think everyone can make music and play an instrument if they wanted to! This for example! You shake it, and it makes a sound!"

The grey male beamed, shaking the pouch a bit to let the stones rattle before offering it. "Try, try different shaking methods! You will find a song! We believe in you, and this is the easiest to begin with!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:00 am
NovaCracker

Amalthea smiled as he started talking the way he felt comfortable and then she shrugged "If it makes you feel happy then speak the way you want to, I don't have power but if I wanted to speak in we I would I think." She said in a soft tone. She frowned when he spoke about what happened to his family. "I'm sorry to hear that I never knew my family, I don't remember them at all, I had some other leopards that helped me when I was little, but as soon as I was old enough they left since they preferred to live alone." She held her paw out for the pouch of stones and asked "May I try?" Amalthea smiled softly and said "Thank you, not many believe in me I'm just a softy not very good at being a rogue."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 pm
MiddyGlow
Apologies for delay, RL then a different thing, theeeen the Sads hit. x.z

Kakariko listened intensely, ears swivelling forward to listen to the other leopard intently, before offering a bright smile.

"A friend of mine says you can choose your family. Others you carte about and want in your life and connect with as chosen-kin!" Kakariko chirped happily, tail curling around himself. "It does not mean yoiu need to alwayus be with others, unless you want to be with others but it does meanvisiting, and paws to help you when you arte in need. I live with my friend Rinny, but I don't like her like that[ or like family, but I like to be her friend lots, even if she thinks... We are not smart like others, sometimes." Kakariko sighed, but smiled.

"But she is not mean to us, she tries to much to help even though she is often sad and lonely. She misses someone but I know she will be okay. And... She misses her familytoo. Even chosen-kind. So you can always choose to make family."

At her second question, Kakariko was delighted, giving her the pouch freely with a broad, large smile, before he bowed his head eagerly.

"I would love for youto try! It is good to try music. We find it helps communicate in the language of the soul."

Was he slipping between we and I? Yes. Was he excited? Also yes. Another musician -- maybe a new companion? He hoped so!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:10 pm
NovaCracker

Amalthea smiled as she listened to what Kakariko said it made a lot of sense and she nodded as she listened. "That makes a lot of sense." She said softly. She picked up the instrument and attempted to shake it the way Kakariko had done. She smiled it was rather fun to do something new and get to know a new friend. She hoped she would get to spend a great deal more time with Kakariko he was really nice and she could use a family, even if it wasn't one of blood. A family chosen would be really nice.

(Fin)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas