Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Fascinating New Thing (Ky'ra/Zultoloth & Nefri/Frith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:49 am

Is your friend okay? Zultoloth asked, leaning her wedge shaped head against her rider's side. She seemed upset last time.

"I don't know if she's ever going to be 'okay', Zul. She lost her brother in a most horrific way." Although Ky'ra knew that Zultoloth didn't really understand the sort of grief that people experienced as a result of Hatching losses, she'd been trying to explain the matter to her so that she'd be a bit... more tactful when it came to Kiri's feelings. Kiri, after all, had watched her brother's murder as it played out right before her eyes. She'd then been forced to watch his murderer not only play with his dead body, but also go on to Impress while the poor little Green who should have been her brother's went between for once and for all.

That Zultoloth did seem to understand. The little Green's death had rang with finality, and the queen made a distressed creel at the memory of it. I am sorry. But Ky'ra reached up to pat her sweet girl, pressing her forehead against her soft hide. "You can't possibly have understood. It's all right. It's not the same for dragons, after all." They tended to forget, just a little, over time. Just enough so that most of the time the pain wasn't quite so sharp.

Settled on the heights, the pair looked out over the Weyr. Remembering that Hatching just brought up a lot of bad feelings for them both. Ky'ra had been incensed with the way it had played out. They'd all been representing Western, and look how terribly it had gone! Western had surely been the laughingstock of the entire region for months thereafter. But what could one dragon and rider pair do to correct that impression? Nothing, of course.

Revel1984

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:14 am
Frith and Nefri had been flying over near the heights when Firth heard a small creel coming from below, circling back Frith let out a little croon, spotting the gold. "Zultoloth? are you alright" she asked, worry colouring her eyes as she closed in on a nearby ledge.

After landing Nefri got down, not sure what was wrong but the goldrider seemed upset, "Ky'ra, are you ok? what's wrong?" she asked. While she wasn't always the most empathetic of women, if the other goldrider had a problem, then Nefri could maybe help solve it. People helped each other, there wasn't really any question in it. Whether you liked them or not, she didn't know the other woman very well but she knew her enough to place her name and her face, especially when silently prompted by Frith and she couldn't find any reason why she shouldn't offer some support, something she was learning to get better at.

Frith herself carefully folded her wings back and moved closer to the other gold, wanting to comfort her but not wishing to intrude either. "May i sit by you?" she asked Zultoloth, edging closer.

Mr Cheri

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Ky'ra glanced up, surprised to hear another's voice. "Ah. I'm all right, really. One of my friends is going through a rough time. I'm sure you heard about what happened at that High Reaches Hatching. Her brother was the one who got... well. The one who died." And poor Kiri had been grieving ever since, even though she was clearly trying not to. No one could love their sibling and lose them like that and not be thrown for a loop.

You may sit by me, dear Frith. It is only that we are sad for the poor boy who died in the last big Hatching. I am not... sure why we are sad, since he is gone now, but I know we must be. Zultoloth did feel a twinge of disappointment for the loss of the pair that might have been, though it seemed to her that they were beyond suffering now. No doubt so much happier than ... all of the ones left behind. Curling into herself a little, she peered out at Frith.

Revel1984

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff