Reply [IC] Mto’Mkuu Lands
[PRP] A Day by the Pools

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a rare day of sun, with clear skies, warm air and a jovial attitude around the pride; so of course the Pools were full of people. Still, she couldn't blame the massive crowd for wanting to swim today. After all, that was why she, herself, had chosen to come out here.

Aurra hummed as she laid out across a flat rock, the sound of water and laughter lulling her into a content doze, and she dipped her tail into the water, letting the current pull it this way and that. She had found a nice patch of sun through the trees right on this spot, and was going to enjoy it to the fullest.

Or you know... she would have if the snort hadn't reached her ears.

Not even opening her eyes, the lioness retorted back, "And what, pray tell, is so amusing?"

"Oh, nothing." Because he knew better than to poke fun... too much. Atreyu grinned at her as he walked up, water sloshing around him as he was paws-deep in the Pools. "Indulging yourself, I see? I can't believe it. The day has finally come."

He laughed as all he got in response was a single eye glaring back at him. It was a running joke of his that she spent far too much time fretting and working and doing basically everything a noble of her stature didn't necessarily need to do, but truthfully, he was happy to see her so content.

Actually, he was happy to see everyone around them so content in general. Maybe it would get them happy enough that they won't be too displeased with the decision he'd come to.... but that was for another day.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:49 pm
User Image

Xipilli was grateful to have found a place to call home. The customs of the pride were much different than his previous home, but he was intrigued by them. He spent most of his free time learning and asking questions in hopes of adjusting quickly to the pride.

Today though, he took a break from learning and his normal day to day task to look around and see what the other pride members did in their free time.

It did not take long to find a crowd at the pools. He grinned as he watched the peaceful scene. As he looked around his eyes landed on the pride’s leader and one of the nobles. He quickly went from a relaxed stance to a ridged one. Up until now, he hadn’t had the chance to meet anyone of nobility and he wasn’t sure how he was supposed to act around them.

What he did know was that it was foolish to just stand, staring like he was. Xipilli took a deep breath to steady his nerves and walked toward the pair.

MangoMeow

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:14 pm
Aurra turned a deadpan look at him and his far-too-amused face, before letting out a huff and turning her head away. He could think what he wanted. She was not a workaholic, and was perfectly capable of taking breaks when the time called for it. It just so happened that now was one of those times, that's all.

The lioness paused then as she caught sight of someone - a newer member - staring in their direction, but before she could say anything, the lion began walking towards them.

With a careful gaze, she muttered over to Atreyu, "You have company." Because maybe if she foisted the leader off on someone else, she could have some peace and quiet.

The brown lion turned at her words, before smiling that wide grin of his, "Well, hello!" One of the new members, coming to introduce themselves? He certainly wasn't against that. He tried not to push them into speaking with him immediately, letting them adjust on their own terms first, but he was always happy to greet them when they finally did.

"Great day to be at the Pools, isn't it?"

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm
“Hello,” Xipilli greeted in return, bowing his head first to the leader and then to the lioness. “It is! It is a pleasant sight to see so many in the pride enjoying the sunlight. It would be nice if this weather continued when it comes time for me to travel. I am sure it would keep my spirit up and make others more in the mood to trade.”

He stopped himself before he continued on about his task and duties, not wanting to bore the two. They were important figures in the pride and he was just a new member.

“Ah, I’m sorry if I interrupted you two. I just wanted to quickly introduce myself since I haven’t had the chance too. I felt like if I waited too much longer it would be too awkward to ever talk to you.” Xipilli said with a meek laugh. “My name is Xipilli. I am very honored to be apart of your pride.”

MangoMeow

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:08 pm
"One can only hope." Though he was sure that the rain would come again, it was a nice thought. Besides, he always hoped his traders had safe journeys; they were the ones actually going out and about, after all. Who knew what kind of fortune awaited them.

"Hm? Oh." Atreyu laughed at that, waving a paw, "It's fine. I was interrupting my companion anyway." It was said with a cheeky grin at Aurra, who proceeded to swat a paw at him.

Aurra let out a huff before turning to Xipilli. She supposed that there was nothing else for it - Atreyu had brought the attention over to her now.

She plastered a congenial smile on her face, "I do hope you're enjoying it here. The jungle, for all it's beauty, can have it's hardships too." She lowered her head in greeting, "I'm Aurra."

"And I'm sure you've probably already heard of my name, but what's that in the face of actually meeting someone?" The lion chuckled, "Atreyu. Any good trades you've got up your sleeve?" Because he was always curious how each merchant liked to do their business.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:44 pm
“I have had to learn to adjust to the jungle,” Xipilli replied honestly. “It is much different then my previous home, but it has been worth it. There is a lot of places to explore and pride members to meet. Everyday here is like a small adventure.”

So far Xipilli was enjoying his talk with Atrevu and Aurra. He had always assumed that pride leaders were always too busy to talk to regular pride members. It was comforting to Xipilli to know that Atrevu seemed relaxed and open to his pride members.

“Right now I have some trinkets I am planning on brining. One of my Kipenzi will be coming along to help show off some of the bracelets and necklaces. It is the sort of task he loves doing.” He said proudly. Cvetko was his first Kipenzi and though he didn’t fight, he did what he could to help out.

“While I am out there, is there anything in particular I should try to trade for? Anything the pride needs?” He asked curiously.

MangoMeow

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:30 pm
Atreyu paused to think about it. Materials for netting and medicine were always good to have, though much of that was available within the jungle itself. Kipenzi were also an obvious answer as they could always do with some fresh blood to go along with the newcomers. Though, perhaps this was an opportunity...

The lion hummed and spoke, “Anything you bring back will of course be useful. Pelts for warm bedding, Kipenzi as you might come across them, and perhaps...” He paused here, “like-minded souls.”

He had been considering it for a while, and had only recently come to the conclusion that it was time their pride branched out a bit more than they had. Alliances were a handy thing to have up your sleeve, and they had been cut off from the world a bit too much of late.

He grinned, “Though I’m sure what you find out there will vary. I would love to see what you come across in your travels.”

That’s good, it sounded like he was settling in well, had even obtained a Kipenzi of his own to aid him in his ventures. A happy pride mate made for a happy pride!

She paused though at Atreyu’s words, casting a glance at him. Like-minded? That was a strange phrase.... was he hoping to expand the pride a bit more, find more rogues to include? Or maybe... did he mean other prides? Her eyes narrowed at that, but she shelved the thought for now. She would ask him about it later.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Xipilli nodded his head. Everything sounded reasonable. “I will see what I can do. Once I get back I will seek you right away and share my findings.” The task made him feel important, even if it was basically his normal job. He was determined more than ever to bring back something special to impress Atreyu. Finding others to join the pride was one of his priorities. He knew that there were wandering rogues looking for a home.

“Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help the pride. I am not overly skilled, but I want to be useful to the pride.” He said, trying to think of anything he could offer. The only skill he had he considered worthwhile was his ability to navigate and finding short cuts to his destinations.

MangoMeow

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:09 pm
”I’m looking forward to it.” The Kiongozi nodded next, “I’ll be sure to let you know if I can think of anything. Don’t sell yourself short though! Being a merchant requires a skill set that I dare say a majority of the pride doesn’t have.” He lowed his head to dogde the swipe from the female beside him, more amused but also speaking truthfully about that. Social and bargaining skills were very important in that line of work.

Atreyu glanced around them after having said that, and then waved a paw. “But this is a time to relax. Don’t let us hold you up! Go enjoy the nice day.”

Aurra, albeit with a squint at Atreyu, nodded in agreement, turning back to Xipilli with a smile, “Yes, the sun is warm, the water is clear and it’s a good day to mingle with the pride.”

She huffed and looked back at the brown male beside her, “And that goes for you too. Go harass other people and leave me to my sunbathing.” Though she had a feeling he wouldn’t. More than likely, he would decide to drag her out into the water eventually.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:06 am
Xipilli chuckled as he watched Atreyu and Aurra interact. They are an interesting pair, he thought to himself. Much different than the nobility from his old pride.

At the suggestion, he nodded his head. “Of course. I have had work on my mind enough today. We all deserve a break.” He said, looking over at all his pride mates having fun. Next time the weather was this nice he wanted to bring Ko over. He was sure his Kipenzi would love to splash around in the water. “Thank you for listening and chatting with me. It was good to get to know both of you.”

With that Xipilli turned away and started searching for a group to mingle with.  

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Mto’Mkuu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas