Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[Duel] Imanti Vs. Eublepharis

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SpuddyZombie rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 1, 2, 4 Total: 15 (5-30)

SpuddyZombie

Demonic Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm
Imanti approached the open clearing, she was anxious to get this duel done and be part of the pride, to belong. This was the moment she's been waiting for, she needed to prove herself. She'd hope her mom's fighting lessons were enough. Or was it?

Mom was always a good fighter, she taught me well. I hope her teachings will be enough for this fight. Imanti thought to herself, contemplating if her mom's fighting skills were enough for her to join. She shook those thoughts. It didn't matter now, she was here and if she needed to, she can learn to fight better.

She glanced around, looking to see which lion was going to be her opponent. Imanti then took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She needed to stay focus, usually calm, but today she was just nervous to finally show her worth. She wasn't going to be alone anymore.

AstoriaFallen rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 1, 3, 4 Total: 14 (5-30)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:05 pm
User Image

Eublepharis wasn't exactly one to duel all the time but he knew he'd have to do it every once in a while so he could at least know what to do should he have to protect himself or other's. After the incident that rocked their pride not long ago he figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to just go ahead and start getting better.

And what better way then dueling some of the unbranded's in the pride.

The speckled male with a white mane and tail moved forward to greet one of the newest members of the pride. Usually he was the one requesting the duel so this was sort of a change of pace.

"Are you ready?" He asked her curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SpuddyZombie

Demonic Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 pm
Imanti glanced up, seeing the male standing in front of her. She thought he was quite a handsome male, looked quite strong as well. She hadn't seen him around the pride, he was a new face to her, a pleasant one at that. But she didn't have time to admire him.

She nodded at the male. "Yes, I'm ready."

Imanti crouched low, preparing her body for a pounce. Once she built up momentum, she leaped in the air and jumped toward the male, opening her mouth to try to grab a hold of his body with her mouth.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 pm
SpuddyZombie

Her eagerness was a good sign, there wasn't any sign of hesitation as she leaped at him, her mouth finding purchase on his shoulder, but it wasn't a very strong hold and he easily slide his shoulder in and up, causing her grip to fail and it left her open for him to swing his paw towards her open side.

Truly this was never his area of expertise so he was hoping in the end he gave her a fair challenge, and wasn't some push over.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SpuddyZombie

Demonic Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm
Imanti braces his hit, she tights her teeth at the pain from the swipe and moved back to the ground on her four feet. His attack stung at her side, she had to push on and ignore the pain.

I'll have to try another attack, that one didn't stick. Maybe one with more force. Imanti thought.

She brought herself closer to him, pushed off with her hind legs and tried to swing at his shoulder again, but this time with her right paw. She swiped at his shoulder, hoping to get a hit.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 pm
SpuddyZombie

Her counter attack landed squarely against his upper shoulder and neck, causing him to side step a little and lose his balance a little, but that little imbalance was enough to cause him to stumble, any attack he was going to throw against her failing completely. It left him wide open but in an attempt to thwart her actions as he stumbled he made an attempt to trip her so she'd have to regain her balance. It wasn't exactly a dirty move but he also didn't feel like getting hit at the moment.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SpuddyZombie

Demonic Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 pm
Imanti fell on her side from his trip. She grunted, pulled herself back up again on all fours and looked back at the male. She smiled slightly, and shook her fur to shake off the dirt clung to it.

"That was a good duel, you're a good fighter." she said. "That was my first fight in a long time, though I've never had to fight many. Only if I had to."

Her eyes drifted down to her paws as she couldn't help notice some dirt still clung to her fur. She began licking some of it off to clean herself from her unexpected dirt bath.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:44 pm
SpuddyZombie

His tactic seemed to work as the female ended up joining him on the ground. Ultimately she had come out as the victor and that was okay with him.

"That it was, though I wouldn't say I'm a good fighter. Mediocre at best." Giving a hearty chuckle he rose to his feet and dusted himself off the best he could. His white mane now streaked with dirt and dust he did his best to shake the debris from it's strands but the red colored sand seemed to cling to him like glue.

"You did well, if you practice now and again you'll just continue to get better." He said to her reassuringly.

"My name is Eublepharis, what may I call you by?" Wondering who the female he had just dueled against was named.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SpuddyZombie

Demonic Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 pm
She stopped her grooming herself and looked back up at him, giving a small grin.

"Eublepharis, huh? That's a very nice name. Mine is Imanti. " she said. "Though, I still think you're pretty good. You think of tactics on how to knock an opponent down. Being a good fighter is not always about brute. Takes some skill and brains too." she replied.

Imanti looked at Eublpharis again, seeing the dirt in his mane. She giggled a bit, then replied "I will defiantly practice a bit though. I want to make sure I can protect this pride, and hopefully my future family."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 am
SpuddyZombie

Her praise delighted him and he gave her a cheerful smile as he never though himself a very decent fighter. It was nice knowing he wasn't completely helpless.

"I'm sure you want need that much practice Imanti, you've got a natural talent about you." Giving her his thoughts on the duel they'd just had.

"Care to walk with me? I could show you around." He offered.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SpuddyZombie

Demonic Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 am
Imanti smiled and blushed slightly. "Of course," she responded demurely. She lifted herself up and lightly flicked her tail behind her, a last minute dusting from the previous event.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am
Smiling he gave himself one last dusting and lead the way.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas