Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Be calm (Aspalath, Khamaith, & Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 am
Worry had nestled in Khamaith, tinting the usually bright facets as she fidgeted. Threadfall had begun to fall heavier, and her hearts had been heavy with how many dragons had been injured as of late. She hadn’t managed to escape cleanly, herself. While not threadscore, the ash burn on her hip would heal -- only the salve didn’t take off the full bite of the burn. If she could will all dragons and riders better, she would.

To see one of her small family at Western be hurt had made them nearly break.

Khamaith respected Aspalath’s need for space. Her older brother had always seemed nervous, and she had been at a loss for how to best approach him outside of drills and classes. Yet the divide now seemed like a chasm, and she found herself a touch nervous to cross. Time had lingered, and seeing him hurt had hurt more than her own injury. It hadn’t looked too bad, however…

Why don’t we peek in and say hello? Just so that we know they’re okay? While normally the one who sometimes needed reined in, Ezyzu’s mental voice was full of love and reassurance. She was out of her hut, walking the space to Khamaith’s fussed wallow. I would like that. Her rider climbed onto her shoulder, feeling safe about the short flight from their hut to the other without straps.

Yet as she took off, Khamaith gently reached out mentally to Aspalath. A little forewarning couldn’t hurt, could it? Aspalath, mine and I were going to drop by for a moment--is that alright with you and yours, dear brother? There's a worry, a mild one she tries to suppress for the quiet calm she tended to radiate.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 am
It was not in Erastan's nature to be the self sacrificing hero for all but a few special connections. However being at the weyr had forced him into that role, like it or not. Due to his lack lustre commitment to group exercises and general teamwork, once in the air he had been quickly punished by thread for isolating himself.
The young riders arm was still bound and slung up across his chest while Aspalath had been pierced by the same strip of thread that had damaged his rider, so he had a hole straight through the delicate membrane of his wing near the base, as well as a few minor ash burns across his rump. None of it was serious and all signs pointed to natural healing within a few months. Though Erastan would have to work hard to rebuild the muscle that thread had eaten away he would still be able to use his arm with relative ease.

Since it was not serious or life threatening the anti social pair had quickly been banished back to their own weyr by the healers. Which suited them just fine.
Their sandy hut was at the edge of the weyr settlement over shadowed by the twisted shrubs and nutrient starved trees that clung to packed sand dunes or craggy rocks, the only grace was a salty water hole that at least offered a good bathing option in the hotter months. It was a rather depressing corner of the otherwise beautiful island so unsurprisingly the blue rider had it almost to himself, with many of the surrounding huts unoccupied or abandoned by the moment more favourable accommodation became available.
Since they had been injured defending the weyr they had also been given a few days off to rest.

Erastan was making the most of that opportunity and he was lounged against the blue hide of his partner in the crisp spring sun. A bowel of fruit nestled in his lap which he was trying to cut up rather awkwardly with his single usable hand.
Aspalath was dozing, just enjoying the peace, quiet and closeness of his bonded.
Right up until the voice of his sister cut through his semi concussions repose making the blue jerk his head up and stiffen involuntarily. Erastan jumped in turn at the sudden movement almost dropping the fruit and tightening his grip on the knife.

What is it Aspalath? He asked urgently.
It is my sister, she wishes to visit us. Maybe she wishes to scold me for my poor performance that got you injured. the blue suggested mournfully.
We've been over this, it was not your fault.
I'm sorry I choose you mine I needed you but...., if I had let another dragon pick you I am sure you wouldn't have been hurt so easily.
I told you, no other dragon would have picked me, cause you are the only one for me.

Aspalath tried to twist away bashfully but Erastan caught his head, hugged it close and felt the blue calm. The poor creature had always been riddled with self doubt which had quietened somewhat since his hatchling days, but the recent incident had caused a flare up. Not that he would admit it to anyone beside his rider.

What shall I tell her to sister.

Tell them to come, if they are going to try and scold us. I'll have a few words for them as well. Erastan promised. Aspalath hesitated not wanting to cause a fight but after a minute he reached back to the gold.

You may come by our weyr sister and be welcome. I am with my rider in my wallow. He informed her quietly, his mental voice even taking on a faint and tremulous quality of his nerves.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:12 pm
With a verbal welcoming, Khamaith hesitated no longer in making the trip to the pair’s weyr as short as it could be. She could only meet his mental voice with a soft warmth, wanting to soothe where he sounded so soft. She didn’t want to assume anything -- the state of his injuries, or how he might be feeling. Only when she got to see the extent of her brother would she relax… some.

She made a gentle circle once in range, settling her larger bulk down as gently as she could before letting Ezyzu down. Her eyes were bright, but where the usual cloudless-day-blues was a muddled swirl of worried yellows and soft loves of purple. Hello Aspalath. How are you feeling? Her gaze coasts over him, but her whole demeanor shifts as he sees that he isn’t wholly harmed. A wing injury that deserved no downplay, but after they had lost Lishanth… She worried awfully over her family.

The warm sand is grounding for Ezyzu, who had to mettle her own worries combined with her sweet dragon’s own. Things would be okay, and seeing the pair would help to ebb the stream of What Ifs and worry. Too many people in her family were being downed--her mother, her eldest brother. Now Khamaith’s family once more? But certainly things weren’t too grievous, for the healers wouldn’t have sent them back to their weyr if it were. Yet she nods to the rider beneath the shade as a means of greeting with a gentle smile, looking over him for his injuries--something with his arm, from the looks of it. “We’d seen you go down, but didn’t hear to what extent. And after.. After Jagmund and Lishanth..”

With a soft wave of mental warmth, Khamaith settled into the hot sand and extended her neck. An open invitation if Aspalath might want to cuddle, but not wanting to pressure him, either. We were worried.. She finishes, crooning softly. I hope we aren’t intruding too much.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:57 am
Prism Shine

Erastan got awkwardly to his feet when the gold pair landed, shuffling his body upright using Aspalath as support while he tried to hold the knife and bowel of fruit in one hand simultaneously keeping his injured arm static. His thick brows were still scrunched into a unfriendly glare but Aspalath reached out to soothe him. It is okay Erastan, I do think they are true to their words, they just want to check on our condition. Erastan's set deep frown twisted , taking on a hint of confusion. It was a strange feeling having someone genuinely worried for him that wasn't his sister but he could feel it, through Aspalath , sending him the pulse of sweetness from the gold.

"I'm fine." He snapped more harshly than he meant. "We're fine." he repeated forcefully killing some of the edge. He stared down the gold rider, still uncertain but some of the 'how to be human' lessons he had been getting from Liat must have been slowly taking effect because he didn't chase them off as soon as they landed. Not knowing how to address the death of their fellow tea siblings he choose instead to thrust the bowel at Ezyzu. "Fruit." Thankyou captain obvious. "Have some, it's fresh." Erastan being Erastan it sounded more like a demand than an invitation but he was realllly trying. Having lived many years as an urchin and struggling to get enough to eat day by day, to offer up his own food was a big gesture.

Meanwhile Aspalath reached out to his sister. He didn't snuggle Khamaith as she might have desired but he did exchange gentle nose boops. Thankyou for your concern but as you can see we are healing well....you are not Intruding. Me and mine are just happy to be alone most of the time but we have been told such habits are not good for us. He explained to the gold, his voice still shy, but slowly growing in confidence the longer they interacted. Besides. His rider was trying so he had to follow his fine example.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:43 pm
Ezyzu’s hand brushed back a few stray hairs from her face, nodding gently. Her worry feels a touch misplaced, for one who never seemed to want it. Yet she isn’t able to quite shake the feeling. Too many had been hurt lately, and their class had already been so small. The bowl thrust at her was a bit of a surprise, and she smiles. “Thank you -- it looks good.” She plucked a piece out before taking a bite. She’d missed a meal, and the fresh fruits had looked absolutely delicious, regardless of the almost demand from his tone. An offer was still an offer, after all.

With a thoughtful nod, she looked at his bound and slung arm. “It’s not too bad, I take it? Doubt the healers would have let you out of the infirmary if it was.”

There’s a gentle delight in Khamaith for trading nose boops, and instead settled near her brother, a swath of golden sand between them. She didn’t settle completely in, for Aspalath and His liked their alone time, but Aspalath’s reassurance has her at ease. There are no words for how relieved I am to see you both are healing well. She loved deeply, wholly, perhaps too much. Khamaith wanted to keep everyone safe, especially her family members. It was an unrealistic goal, but one she kept to. Aspalath being hurt weighed on her, yet she could only radiate that soft warmth she radiated when visiting Ezyzu’s dearest ones, or the time she spends with Etansi or Astriana. Nothing wrong with being alone, certainly. But I suppose it’s all about finding a good balance. Her paws shifted in the sand slightly. My wallow is always warm, if you ever would like some company. You and yours both.

Sinders Path
Sorry for the late tag!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces