Kabi'ten was, in some sense of the word, enjoying some alone time. Although Datura's current home was closeby, she didn't feel like visiting. Even with the presence of a lot of gods in at least two directions, Kabi'ten didn't really feel going near, well, any, and Xavier was nowhere nearby. She was a full grown goddess, however, and should be fine on her own. Still, it was terribly lonely. Nobodyto talk to, to laugh with, nobodyto cheer when things were rough. The goddess simply didn't feel her best alone, and so she walked. It had begun with a flight, really -- to get away, to think on being alone, and the area unfamiliar -- probably good for her, really. Her tail flicked delicately as she contemplated this, padding along in silence under the midday sun, and ruminated on how warm those in drk fur must be -- until she nearly tripped and something mewled.

Kabi'ten jumped, turning to the cub with surprise as a pale head slowly rose from brush and undergroth, sleepy and thin and so hungry that Kabi'ten was startled.
The young male named himself Yas. Whatever name he had before... Didn't matter. He couldn't find his siblings and he sure couldn't find food -- and his parents were gone. And so, Yas was alone, an orphan, and he'd been trying to teach himself to hunt. This meant he'd only caught bugs, however. Bugs, worms, and small, fat birds too fat from eating bugs to fly. Those werte best but gathering bugs to catch them took too long and he was always hungry. Today, however, was the first time he saw a grownup in a long time. She had tripped on him, nearly falling over on him and he'd been woken from fitful sleep to see a startled blue-eyed gaze of a pale lioness. The female stood, taking him in, and Yas squealed when suddenly two feathered wings unfurled.

What... Was...

"Are... Where's your mother, little one?" Kabi'ten asked Yas uin a voice soft and wrm-- loving. She'd not felt him, and cubs usually were SOMEONE'S treasure. There'd been no draw, no pull -- merely surprise. Yas friwned.

"Gone. They didn't want us, so they aren't coming back." He sniffed, then, before pausing -- after all, if they'd wanted his litter, they'd have come home, right? "An'...My siblings are all missing too. Theytried t' hunt or something and never came back so I went to look for food." The small cub puffed his chest proudly, not seeing the sadness and horror cross the goddess' face. Kabi'ten shifted then, curling around the cub protectively as one wing sheltered him, and she hummed.

"Do you hunt often?" The female asked. Yas nodded, then frowned.

"I catch bugs to draw the fatbirds that like to eat them. Itryto catch those but they never are guarenteed and bugs are HARD." Yas said. Kabi'ten nodded, taking him in a bit konger before rising.

"Wait here, dear one." She cooed. Yas blunked, head tilting as the goddess rose as swiftly as she lay, taking off at an instant into the air. In moments, she was gone, and the cub hunkered. Was she mad? Did she think he was a bad cub like his parents? Was he bad?

Yas mewled. He mewled fear and stress uimmediately, crying softlytohimself. He hadn't meant to uoset the winged lady but he had and the little lion cub was sad for it, crying softly some time before, as if from nowhere, the carcass of a freshly killed young antelope dropped by him, followed rapidly bythe grownup.

Hunting. Kabi'ten didn't need to eat, but it was a pleasant experience, something she relished, unlike mortals who needed it... Like this cub. But the lioness knew how to hunt, to provide, and while normally she would catch adults, a baby would feed a cub for a short while. Time she needed to gather her thoughts, really. Except... He was hiungry, starving, but didn't touch it. He stared, confused at her, eyes big and confused, and Kabi'ten moved, nosinghim gently.

"It's all foryou, little one." She explained. Scared, wide eyes remained on her as he wuffled, wiping the tears before pawing the meal, but he didn't move yet. Instead, the cub just shook, frowning.

"Why?" He asked quietly.

The goddess watched him question in silence several moments. She was... Sad. Not that he didn'ttrust -- that he was alone. The feeling of loss, of hunger, fear.... Somehow they were familiar for reasons she couldn't remember.Still, he deserved what she did know. Unconciously she rose on her hindpaws, forepaws stretched before her to fullytske him in, and he flinched only a moment before she spoke, wings stretching.

"When Iwas new, Iwas adopted by another god as his own. All of my life I've known family to have meaning. Loneliness, hunger.... I am Kabi'Ten, goddess of treasure. Many consider cubs a treasure, so....." She trailed off, thinking, before deciding. "I'd like to make you my first treasure of my very own. If... You'd have a goddess for a mother."

Yas blinked. A... What? The small cub shifted slowly, creeping towards her curiously, and blinked, ear flicking before he tilted his head.

"What's... A goddess? And... You... Want to be my Mama? You... Want me?" He blinked warily. Kabi'Ten however, beamed, lowering to all fours again to sit, wings spread.

"The gods are... Ithink Papa says we're immortals whom tend to various aspects of life. Like treasure. I'm the goddess of treasure. Iknow it, I breath it, I can find it. But I only have, well." She motioned to her map, and coinbag, and jewelry.

"It's more than most butthere's more to treasute than things. Others can be treasures -- loved precious ones, honored souls, those homes you love and adore. Treasure is things and places and others of value toyou. So... If.. You want a goddess.... As mother... Would you be my treasure?" Kabi'ten waited patiently, and the small male let it soak in, eyes wide.

Someone wanted him. Someone loved him. Someone wanted to love him. Yas' ear flicked and he reached a paw, touching Kabi'ten's with a light, shytouch. He was thin, boney, in need of food and love, and the little cre3ature desperately wanted to trust. Kabi'ten didn't move, instead offering that same patient smile before the cub poulled himself to huddle under her, pressing his face into her as he cried.

"Yes! I want a mama! Ido Ido wantyoutoo please! I'm. I don't want to gbe alone!" The cub cried. Kabi'ten cooed, and lowered herself to curl around him, pulling the kill close to them as he rubbed and pressed into her. He was so thin, so hungry, and she'd make it better. Her baby, just as Xavier had loved her unconditionally. She'd have to feed him, and then take him to meet his family -- his adopted, loving family; of Datura and Xavier and -- she was eager, heart fluttering. Her baby boy, her big boy, her sweet one. As Yas slowly reached to pull a chunk of meat to him to devour, Kabi'ten leaned in, and began to groom him.

She WAS excited, but first, the baby needed to eat -- and maybe he could do with her giving him a bathtoo, the sun shining down on the newly joined mother and newly adopted cub as it continued it's trek throughthe daytime sky.