Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:00 pm
fregna æftir - learn by inquiry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ylva had decided that she needed to learn something that her mother couldn't teach her. Her father...well, she loved him dearly, but he was a bit too softhearted for what she needed. She wasn't as close with her other brothers, so she had decided to seek out the best male she knew; her brother Haldor.

Finding the bachelor was probably easier said than done. He was nice enough to visit now and then, but he didn't live here anymore. Ylva knew that her mother was up to some big plans, and the more she could leave her alone, the better. Ylva did not have her wild dog thrall accompanying her today; Ylva was actually a bit fond of her, and liked to keep her safe away from some of the wandering eyes of the pride. Her white coat was going to stay that was, Ylva had decided; she just needed to learn to defend herself.

Hence, the journey to seek out her brother. She turned to a random lion, politely asking if they had seen Haldor. She had been pointed to a different direction than where she was headed, and did her best to sniff him out. "Haldor?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 pm
User Image

It was easy to get competitive around here, but it was a brand new feeling to be idly pondering how much his father would one-up him when he came home. It was a surprise that Snorre had gone at all, it was not outside the realm of possibility that he would be good at it. Mostly, though, Haldor was curious.. so he put off going on any more raids until his father came back.

It was taking a while.

He was out and about, trying to ignore some of the more tedious and melodramatic gossip that was circulating when he spotted a familiar pale figure with cool hair wandering in his direction and heard his name. It could be Verdandi or Ylva.. but if she was looking for him (unless something was terribly wrong) it had to be Ylva.

"Got away from ma, didja?" he asked, approaching his sister with a grin, "I'm surprised she let you out of her sight."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:00 pm
Thank goodness. She was a well trained lioness in etiquette and charm, but to see her brother, away from the shadow of her mother... she allowed herself to show relief, and a bit of rolling eyes, as well. "She has sunk her teeth into something big; I have an idea of what it is, but I dread her new found power if she succeeds." Ylva knew more, but she didn't know if she wanted to worry Haldor with too many details.

"The blessing is that she is rather busy now, so I am able to free myself for a bit of time each day. I hope she isn't finished with this project soon, I am enjoying the new found freedom." She smiled brightly to her brothers, pleased that he seemed to be in good health. Still single, but still independent enough to get away from underneath the full weight of his mother's claws.

"Which is actually why I wanted to seek you out." The silver lioness took a deep breath before finally throwing it out in the open. "I was hoping you could teach me the basics of fighting." The edges of her eyes crinkled with worry, but she looked at Haldor expectantly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:09 pm
She has sunk her teeth into something big.

Haldor could only imagine what that could possibly be, and though he was pretty damned curious he was also pretty sure he was better off staying out of it. Whatever she was dealing with was her business and unless it involved him (Stormlords, say it didn't) he could wait and see.

"Using your free time to hunt me down?" he said, giving her a suspicious look as his sister took a deep breath and.. asked him to teach her to fight. He couldn't help it, his mind went off to some of the nonsense floating around and he made a face.

"Why?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 pm
Ylva's eyes wandered around them. There were others around, but they all seemed to be in their own conversations. She could hear a couple of the males talking about getting drunk; two ladies were clearly sharing gossip. A couple adolescents were spying on the males about to go get drunk, probably hoping to find where the goods were stashed. No one was paying attention to them.

She inhaled deeply, slowly, and then inched a little closer to Haldor, her front claws agitating the ground before she beckoned him closer. "Let me just say, that if mother succeeds.... she may get me quite the husband and I want to be able to protect myself, and my thrall Adhama that mother has me in charge of."

She inched back, certain that no one else heard her, even if she hadn't given out too many details. If Creid managed to secure her even a Captain as a husband...they were going to have a lot more eyes on them, and soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:37 pm
His suspicious look turned to surprise and finally to a smile. He didn't envy Ylva, especially if the big thing their mother was onto involved her. It put him at ease to have even a suggestion that it didn't involve him. He noticed that his gift to his mother had been given to Ylva, but it was obviously part of the scheme going on now.

"Alright," he said, shaking his head, "I'll even do you a favour and not ask for any details. If you want to learn how to fight, we should find somewhere a little less crowded."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 pm
"Okay," was her reply as she released a sigh she knew she had been keeping. Ylva had pretty good faith that her brother would help her, but she also was learning that she couldn't just assume anything anymore. Asking was the proper way to go about it, especially when it came to family. She was learning how to play the political game, but blood was blood.

"Just....don't tell mother. Not yet. We both know that no one can keep a secret from her long, but I want to feel confident in my skills so I can stand up to that icy glare." Ohhh, to do something against her mother was like begin cast out to sea to drown. It was foolish, but Ylva was absolutely certain about learning these skills. She would fight for it.

"Um...do you have a den yet? Or we can find the corner of a training area to take over?" Truth be told, she didn't really know of any quieter, less crowded places to go. Her mother would find out soon enough if she cast her net far enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 pm
Haldor wasn't necessarily eager to get between his mother and Ylva, but he also felt bad for his sister, being stuck under their mother's careful control so much. At least he had more independence, being a son and especially now being a Reaver. Ylva could break free but she'd have to utterly convince Creiddylad that she was a lost cause like the others first.. this was potentially a first step, but it didn't necessarily lead to that.

Not that he particularly cared, he would do his sister a favour and not feel bad about it unless it put her into danger. It would be more dangerous to say no and let her try to teach herself or find someone less trustworthy to ask.

"If we want to keep a secret, we'll have better luck going to my den," he said, "It's not very big, because I don't need much yet, but it'll do. Better than letting the rumours start with where the bitter shield maidens get started."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 pm
Ylva nearly squealed, but she did keep herself in check enough to only crack a larger grin than she first did. "Oh, perfect! You know just how to treat a good sister, Haldor." She would shower him in whatever worthy praise he wanted, because he was going to teach her!

It would be rather interesting to have someone other than her mother teach her. The realization that this would be new for both of them dawned on her, and she agreed that they would at least need to start in secret.

"Ohhh, now I can see where you're staying in your bachelorhood," she teased. "Maybe I can repay you with tidying up the place so you can find yourself a good wife to not think you're a total slob." Oh, it did feel good to playfully tease, rather than carefully choose her words and mannerisms.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:35 pm
Getting away from his parents had been such a priority that he had almost forgotten that he genuinely liked them, that was probably the best outcome of going off on his own and becoming a Reaver. He'd fight over any schemes his parents (his mother) involved him in and roll his eyes, but he could enjoy it more now that he was at a distance. If Ylva was really getting ready to get married, hopefully that would bring her similar benefits. Maybe it was already starting. She was here, doing something for herself.

"You better be careful," he said, "You're starting to sound like her."

Haldor chuckled, but then smiled softly at his sister. He didn't really mean it to be an insult and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't finally thinking about it himself.

"But then again.. I could use some help."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out