Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:19 am
It was morning of the next day and the male was curious to know how she'd settled in, he knew it might be temporary but it would be nice if she hung around a little more, or quite possibly forever. The sun was beginning to peek over the hill tops when the pale male's figure appeared, shadows dancing, as he walked towards where he had left her for the night.

"Njeri? Are you awake?" Maybe she liked to sleep in. Whoops.

His days always started fairly early so this was just more of a routine checkup more than anything else.

'You moron, you could have waited a little while longer before coming over here....' it was likely he'd woken her, but he was trying to remain hopeful that he hadn't.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am
Great company and food indeed. The lioness couldn't keep from thinking back to the day prior a smile playing on her lips as she found herself feeling beyond content as she lay stretched out on her side, enjoying the morning light and distinct lack of biting hunger. It had been awhile since she had enough food that she wasn't absolutely famished by the time she woke up. Though this meant that the normally early riser was lounging about far later today.

So when the familiar voice of her new friend came calling, she found herself completely unprepared. He'd seen her unkempt from travel yesterday, she didn't need him seeing her so disheveled from her long, delightful rest. "Ah, goodmorning, Faramir!" She called out as she moved to hide from his immediate sight to quickly try and groom down any fur that decided to fall out of place. She felt entirely silly, what would he care if she didn't look perfect? Yet she still tried her best before abandoning the last second attempt in order to greet him properly.

"It's a beautiful morning, isn't it?" She spoke once again as she left her rather poor hiding spot to approach him with a bright smile.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am
Movements and a quick response informed him that she was at least awake, but he paused in his steps regardless, it had seemed as though she needed a moment so he could at least give that much to her. He should have just waited and come along a bit later, once she'd had more time to rest. Sighing to himself, there were doubts going through his mind about having come over here at all now.

Finally she presented herself with a bright smile and those doubts lifted away, something about that small action seemed to melt away any thoughts taht were previously drifting in his mind.

"Ah, that it is indeed. I hope I wasn't distrubing you. I had just wanted to come by to see that you had rested well." He was rambling! Stop rambling you fool.

"I'm about to do my morning walk, care to join me?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:38 pm
Njeri paused just a few steps from him, her perked up ears easily conveying her cheerful mood this morning. Something that only brightened when she heard he'd come to check on her, such a simple action but it warmed her heart immensely that she had a hard time not glancing off shyly. "After such a nice night, a morning walk sounds lovely." Lifting her gaze to look at the morning sun cast along the new land, she drew in a breath enjoying the warmth covering her light pelt for a second before returning her attention to him.

"I'm really glad you came to visit so soon though, if not I might have just lounged about for the entire day." The lioness accompanied her words with a light laugh. "Which I haven't done since I was a cub."

Feeling a bit more confident with her own light mood she crossed the few steps to stand a little closer to him. Fully prepared and willing to fall into an easy step with him wherever he was to lead this morning. Perhaps he was a farmer and had to look after crops? That sounded like an early morning job, she only hoped she wouldn't get in his way.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 am
There was a bit of an alterior motive for him to show her around some more, he was hoping it would convince her to stay on, as a more permanent member of the pride. It was quite possible she wouldn't find it her to her liking though, so his plan backfiring was an option.

"There is nothing wrong with lounging around, I know I've been guilty of it a time or two."

Taking a quick look about to see where he was going to head first he motioned for her to walk with him. "I like to start my rounds early, and check on my master's to see how everything is coming along."

Realizing he never told her what he actually did within the pride he smiled, perhaps she might ask or not, she'd find out in time.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 am
"Nothing wrong with it at all, it's just when you don't get to do it normally it starts to feel a little.." She paused, her head tipping as she tried to put the feeling into words but it was elusive so she settled for a simple, "..strange. Not bad though."

Falling into step with him, Njeri wondered about what he'd said. After all it could mean a lot of things, perhaps he ran one of the farms? It made her smile imagining someone as attentive as him caring for the plants she had seen on her exploration of the place.

"Do you like your job?" She looked over at him as they walked, her eyes only occasionally checking her path to make sure she didn't trip over any stray roots and make a fool of herself. "I imagine if you want up this early to check on things, you must not hate it."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 am
Nodding he agreed with what she was saying. Most of the pride members were already out and about setting to their tasks of the day and he was pleased everything seemed to be running smoothly.

'Hmmm?' Glancing over towards her he almost hadn't heard what she had asked.

"I do, very much. I worked hard to gain the title and respect of the rank of which I hold."

Truly if anyone set their mind to it he was certain they too could be a clan chief.

"There are plenty of responsibilities I have doing what I do, it is another reason I rise early." Smiling at her they past a few farmers as they were busy working the lands to plant their seeds.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:18 pm
Njeri's tail flicked lazily behind her as she walked in time with the male, her attention only briefly drifting from him to offer a kind smile towards the farmers he acknowledged. They all seemed so kind and happy. Even working with the little seeds.

It was impressive. "I take it caring for all your plants is very time consuming." She assumed he had a paw in the things he was overseeing. "I'm surprised any of you have time to relax into the afternoon."

Not that she knew what it took to raise the various crops they wandered by. "Is it difficult?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

They were quite a simple folk who enjoyed their work and knew how to have a good time. At least he liked to think so.

"Well, depends really. Tilling the soil to plant the crops and then harvesting them is probably the most time consuming part." He wasn't a master farmer so really he wasn't completely sure, but he knew he was in the ballpark at least.

"Once you have a rhythm I don't think so, but you'd have to check with one of the farmers to be sure. I'm not the most reliable source for that sort of thing."

Giving her a sheepish grin, while he knew of some things, he wasn't an expert in those fields.  
His words caused her ears to flick back in a confusion she quickly bounced back from with a slight shake of her head. She must have been mistaken as to what his job was, but the way he'd greeted everyone around..

It was a surprise and confusing all bundled together. Could he be a supervisor? They didn't tend to be very hands-on from what she knew.

"Are you not a farmer?" She finally wondered aloud after a brief moment of silent thought. Her own sheepish smile echoing the one he'd given her. "I just sort of assumed, apologies."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 pm
A hearty chuckle echoed through his lips as he turned and shook his head. "Ah, no. I am not. No reason for you to apologize, no harm done." Giving her a warm smile he continued to walk along greeting the cheerful faces of those around them as they moved through their lands.

"I'm one of the Clan Chiefs. I report to our Thain who is the ruler of our lands. We only have to Chiefs right now, our other one just having taken her commission just recently." It hadnt seemed like he'd been in this position that long but he had. The pride was growing and that meant more ranks were opening up to other's that were once limited.

"I just like to help out when I can with things." If he was able anyway.

"Are you hungry?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:50 pm
A Clan Chief? Her smile faltered slightly at this notion. She had never suspected she was being welcomed so openly by someone who's title sounded extremely important. He reported directly to their ruler, something that was a little bit intimidating.

Yet his warmth in both words and expression soothed the brief rise of unease that stirred in her. He was so kind that his higher rank only caused the pride as a whole to shine brighter the more she thought on it. After all, if a leader - something she took the rank to mean - was as kind and welcoming as he, the pride as a whole must be as well.

"With someone like you overseeing them, it's no wonder everyone is so cheerful so early in the morning." Her smile returned brighter than before, but 3at the mention of food she paused. Was she hungry? They'd just eaten the night before and while she was sure she could eat, she wasn't used to meals so often. This place was one surprise after another.

"If you're hungry, I wouldn't mind having a little bit to eat." It was like a little slice of paradise and she had the greatest of hosts.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:51 pm
"I like to hope they think of me as someone they can rely on and that they can come to as a friend as well as a mentor." He took what he did seriously and loved every minute of it.

"I'm not particularly hungry but I figured that we could go check out the wares in case you were, we can carry on our sight seeing after." Giving her a smile he waved for her to follow him along the rolling hills of grass and wheat.  
[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games