Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:40 pm
It was a beautiful day and he wanted to see how a few of his pride mates were doing, particularly Rhuthro and Tshala. It had been a keen observation of his that they'd been spending a great deal of time together as of late and he was more curious than anything else, you could almost say he was a little jealous that everyone he knew had someone and he was the lonely bachelor. Perhaps he'd find himself someone in the near future, if not he had his drinking buddies still? He hoped anyway.

Moving closer to where the two usually were seen he looked about for their familiar faces. "Rhuthro? Tshala? Are you both around?" Calling out to them might make it easier for him to find them. He was mostly certain he had seen one of them or both of them around this area earlier  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Tshala and Rhuthro were at Rhuthro’s den and the brown female was adamantly making mental and verbal notes about what would need to change or move before she joined him there. The green male could only nod and offer vague assurances, agreeing with anything she wanted. He was still in a mental daze and struggling to keep up with the vast amount of changes taking place.

The two stopped what they were doing as they heard a voice calling out for them. Moving to the front of the den, Tshala hurried to greet their visitor.

“Welcome! It is good to see you,” she smiled warmly in welcome, despite the fact that it wasn’t really her den to welcome him too. Rhuth hurried to extend his welcome as well.

“What can we do for you this morning, Faramir?”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:42 pm
Smiling faces greeted him and it warmed his heart, perhaps they were an item after all, though it was also possible they were just really close friends.

Raising an eyebrow he smiled back, "It's good to see the two of you. I was just making my rounds and wanted to see if either of you were planning on re-affirming your positions within the pride?" It was true a number of them had been 'demoted' temporarily because of dereliction of duties and what not. Really it was because quota's hadn't been met and all that, but to be fair a lot had been going on that had kept some pride member distracted. It was okay though, they still had their positions waiting for them since no one had stepped up to fill their shoes.

"Also, how have the two of you been? I've seen you spending a great deal of time together, can I be safe to assume love is in the air?" Giving a small chuckle at the two he wondered what their answer would be.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:11 pm
Rhuthro couldn’t help but cringe at Faramir’s first question, though it was an extremely fair one. And it made sense. He just wasn’t looking forward to Tshala’s reaction. Indeed, the lioness’s tail lashed angrily at the air and her ears flattened someone, but she maintained an even tone as she replied.

“Of course I will. I still find it absolutely ridiculous. No one is as dedicated a farmer as me. As if I could help that part of the crop was destroyed by that flock of ravens. I certainly chased them off quickly enough....” she grumbled quietly to herself. In actuality, the loss of her position as Master Farmer had been a solid blow and she was determined to get it back. Even with everything else going on.

The second questioned returned some of her cheer though it made Rhuthro turn bashful and stutter quite charmingly. She cut off the green male before he could make too much of a fool of himself.

“Yes, actually. We are making that official. It is well that you came along as we were going to need to tell you soon anyways. There is a chance I may be pregnant.”

Tshala stated this with a matter of fact tone and satisfied smile. Rhuthro appeared as though he might faint or be sick. It was hard to tell if he was delighted or horrified. It was an overwhelming mixture of both and he could only nod his head and try not to fall over and embarrass himself further.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:11 pm
Their responses were duely noted, and he actually had expected about that type of a response, he wasn't the on in charge overall though, so that the Thain said went, at least they didn't have to do much to get their jobs handed back to them.

"I'm happy to hear that!" He may have been a little disappointed had they both said they were going to look for different tasks within the pride, they were good at what they did so he would have been sad to see them go.

"Oh that is wonderful news! The pride could use more little one's running around." Looking between the two he had to hold in the laugh that was bursting to come forth from his maw. Rhuthro seemed as though he might have to sit down a moment. "Maybe you should take a seat?"

Offering towards the male since it was clearly the first he was hearing of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:33 pm
Rhuth swayed back and forth on his paws, before flopping inelegantly to the ground. "That would probably be best," he said vaguely before waving a paw at the two of them to continue the discussion without them. "I just need a minute or two...."

Tshala glanced over at him, but didn’t seem too concerned. She absently nuzzled him before going to stand closer to Faramir to make conversing easier.

“He’s not used to the idea quite yet,” she apologized, with a sly grin. “And I did only tell him of the possibility this morning.” She turned back to look at the dazed green male. “I guess the news only really hit him now.” She turned back to Faramir and settled comfortably, wrapping her tail around her toes.

“But yes, I agree. It would be good to have some more cubs on the way. Perhaps the timing isn’t ideal, but I would like to have some more apprentice farmers in the fields. Once they are back under my supervision, of course,” she added quickly. She needed to go see the Thain as soon as possible to see about restoring her position and title as Master Farmer. And to tell him the good news, of course. She wanted to make sure the fields were in excellent shape in case she was pregnant.

“It hasn’t been confirmed by a healer yet, of course,” she added. “It’s a little too soon to tell.”

Rhuthro staggered back to his paws and stepped over to join them, determined not to make his image any worse. “In any case, how are things with you?” he asked, trying to join back into the conversation.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:33 pm
There was clearly someone who ran the household here, and it wasn't Rhuth. "Take all the time you need, if you need a drink I'd be more than happy to join you." Giving a light laugh he couldn't help but throw that out there, it was just perfect timing.

"I wasn't entirely used to the idea either and I raised two cubs all by myself just fine. At least the two of you will be able to do it together, as husband and wife." He wondered if they'd go all out and hold a celebration of their joining. It would be nice to get the pride gathered for such a joyous occasion.

"Things are well with me, thank you for asking. I've just been keeping to myself mostly, tending to the things I need to, talking to my friends. You know, the usual." Smiling he was truly happy for the blessed couple.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:53 pm
Rhuthro was nodding vigorously at the suggestion of a drink, but Tshala interrupted him with a wicked little chuckle. "It was overdoing it on brew that got us into this situation to begin with..."

Rhuth winced, but smiled and nudged Tshala playfully before dodging the return swipe of a paw.

“Well, she cannot enjoy any brew for a while, but I certainly can and will definitely take you up on that offer,” he said emphatically. Glancing over at Tshala’s expression, he quickly added, “I’ll just make sure to limit the amount of brew more carefully.”

It was no secret that the two had absolutely overdone it on drinking brew several evenings ago. Half the pride had seen them laughing, singing, and drunkenly stumbling away. Very few expected the outcome however, as Tshala had been turning Rhuthro down for years. There were likely a number of bets going on as to when the two would finally become a pair. At least now the whole pride would be able to celebrate their joining.

“Indeed,” said Tshala, dryly. “In any case, we’ve decided that I should join Rhuth here in his den. It’s much larger and more suited for a family than my own. So my own den should be cleaned out and ready for someone else, if you know of anyone looking.”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:59 pm
"I'm actually done with my rounds after I finish up with the two of you, so if you wanted to grab a drink now I'd be more than happy to offer my company." Smiling he couldn't help but wonder when they realized their feelings for one another, it was probably a story they'd share with their children in the years to come.

"I give my congratulations once again. I'll be sure to put up a notice that you're den will be up for grabs if anyone is looking." Giving them a bow of his head he looked towards the sky for a brief moment before returning his light gaze to them. "I don't want to keep you since it seemed you had been doing a bit of reorganizing, I know my den could use some spring cleaning for sure." Maybe he'd tackle that in the next day or so, he didn't have anyone living with him anymore so perhaps not just yet. He could afford to be lazy.

"Will you be joining me Rhuthro or will you and I be taking a rain check."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:21 pm
Tshala nodded, absolutely understanding. Actually, this would be a good opportunity for her to work on the den without Rhuthro being in the way. She was certainly far more efficient at cleaning and making decisions.

“You two should go enjoy and catch up. I’ll stay here and keep working and perhaps join you when I am finished.”

It would give Rhuthro some time to unwind as well. Tshala knew he was feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

Rhuth nodded eagerly, pleased with the idea of being able to enjoy a brew and let everything that had happened in the past few days settle.

“I can bring you back some food, if you decide not to join us,” he offered gallantly.

Tshala returned his smile and nodded before bowing a goodbye to Faramir.

“Til next time then,” she said, before turning her attention back to the den and all of the changes she wanted to make.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:22 pm
Smiling the male was pleased he was going to be able to catch up with Rhuth. "I'll be seeing you around Tshala." With that he led the way for him and the Fallohide.  
[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games