Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:14 pm
User Image

The situation in the Motoujamii was getting more serious by the day. Huolong had chosen to become a hunter and now they were practically the only ones still at work, struggling to find prey in the brief periods between the worst of the storm. He was tired, he was hungry, he was grumpy.. and there was just no fixing it in this sandy nightmare. There was talk of leaving the desert before they all starved, but it was limited to the lower ranks and always shut down because Firekin were nothing if not loyal and stubborn..

The storm was too strong now to try hunting so Huolong had staked himself out a spot near the south of the sandstorm refuge, staring out into the blur and thinking about how much more manageable a rainstorm was, even considering their history with it..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Huoxin had stuck near her mate, though life had been rather rough lately. She felt the fat along her body disappear, a lean form only growing leaner in this trying times. She had begun to limit her personal training, knowing better than to over exert herself when the source of food was thinner than it had been in a long time.

Still, she had done her best to keep herself alert. She knew better than to let herself relax too much. Everything seemed just off enough that she was scared a ghost was going to come out of the sand and startle them all into the sandstorm. A silly little night time story, perhaps, but hunger and worry nipped at her mind.

"Mmmm, Huolong," she said with a smile, approaching him. "Do you think if you stare into it long enough, it will run away from your rugged good looks?" she added with a laugh.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm
Huolong shot his mate a glare when she joked with him. His frustration was fully focused on the storm and the circumstances but it made it hard for him to take a joke-- luckily, he realized he was doing it and released the tension in his face, taking on a more tired, neutral expression.

"It's something we haven't tried yet," he said lamely, trying to joke back.

They hadn't actually tried anything, not officially. Huolong had no gods but he knew enough about the world that this was one of those times some would pray. And that was about all you could do during something like this. Or move, but they weren't going to move..

Had the sandstorm refuge been used for this long before, he wondered.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:49 pm
The lioness smiled warmly. Her mate was so kind, so true, and she rather liked that about him. She offered him a quick nuzzle of reassurance before continuing to speak. "Well, maybe if you try hard enough, it will finally lament to your strong will. There is a reason I've always been proud of you."

She sat down then, her own eyes looking out towards the fuzzy horizon. It was so eerie, really, but she tried to not dwell on it for too long. "...even with my fear of water, at times I wonder if rain would somehow....wash it away." It didn't seem likely, and the air was feeling rather dry. A fruitless wish.

"At least....Huolongmai isn't having to deal with this. I hope their excursion has gone well." They weren't really high up enough to hear if there were any reports being sent back through the avians, so she only wished for the best for their daughter that had decided to brave the outside lands.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Huoxin almost got him to smile despite himself but there wasn't much joy in it. He was naturally reassured by her presence and she was so good at staying calm and collected in a situation like this now.. Huolong tended to be the type to act, and there was just nothing he could do against a sandstorm. Nothing except wait, and he hated waiting. Especially while thinking about it and staring into a storm that was making their lives all the more difficult.

"I hope so too," he said, frowning at the mention of Huolongmai, "I hope the savanna is being kinder than the desert. I've never seen things like this before, that hunting party.. I'm not sure I would believe what they said if things weren't so weird lately."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 pm
"I hope she took my warnings about water seriously," Huoxin said with a sigh. She was half joking, and half serious. She was rather blessed in the fact that it hadn't decided to pour water instead of sand in the sky, or her heart may not have made it.

"Do you really believe them? The hunting party, I mean." She had seen a few odd things, and heard of others, but...it was hard to really believe some things that she didn't see herself. "I don't really know any of them well that went...did you?" Huoxin wasn't the most social of Firekin, and she had decided to focus on being a mother and training herself. She needed more successful duels behind her if she wanted to obtain the rank of battlemaster, but she'd get there!

"Though, I don't know....if Huolongmai comes home with some fantastical stories like that, maybe I do need to find something other than my own paws to believe in."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:55 pm
"Hmmmm.."

Did he really believe them? The hunters had a different sort of job than most of the army, they were still usually the strict and serious Firekin but it was a more social endeavor by nature to hunt and feed the pride. He knew most of the lions who had allegedly hunted a sand shark.. it was hard to admit to believing something so fantastic but he did.

"I do believe them," he said, "It's too big and strange a story for all of them to agree on. I do wonder what Huolongmai will have to tell us when she gets back, whether or not it's something fantastic."

They were former rogues but they were perfectly comfortable right where they were.. having Huolongmai go and see the world they had left behind.. he was interested to know what she would think.

"It's been a while, I wonder if they're stuck on the border."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:17 pm
"Hmmmm." Huoxin wasn't fully convinced that it was real, but she had enough faith in her mate to nod her head in agreement. At least, if it was some weird sand shark thing, hopefully it was gone. Or would be gone. As long as the sandstorm finally dissipated soon.

"I'm sure she'll have some fascinating tales. They've been gone long enough, I'm sure she's experienced a lot that she couldn't have here." Huoxin hadn't been much of an explorer, so she had been surprised that their daughter had decided to enlist in the excursion to leave the lands.

"They may be. Kind of like how we're stuck here," she said, her eyes scanning further around them now. Sand in so many directions, and yet the way they wanted to go was blocked.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Huolong stood up and shook himself off, starting to feel antsy from being stuck in the refuge for so much time now. Most of them were probably feeling it.. and as anxious and frustrated as he and the other hunters were, he hadn't put much thought into how the army was feeling. It was hard to ignore the loud and aggressive ones who relied on training as an outlet for their worst impulses, but it was really easy to forget that all of them had the routine and that training took dedication and repetition..

His own moodiness against his mate's cheer was starting to feel all the more childish.

"How am I the one going stir-crazy and you're the same cheerful, wonderful lioness you always are?" he asked, turning back to Huoxin and finally really smiling, "I can't hunt or do anything about this storm, is there anything I can do to help you?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:31 pm
Huoxin laughed, throwing her head back in joy. "Perhaps I just hide it better, then! I've had to limit any training due to the scarcity of food, but I am doing what I can to keep the morale up. The nights are harder, with the echoes of hunger. Being with you makes the pain all the easier to bear, my sweet love."

She stood up, trotting over to his side and giving him a little smack with her hip. "Well, we can go for a real walk, away from this silly sandstorm. See if the water-seekers have had any luck. What I wouldn't give for a real good drink right now. C'mon, let's go!"

She leaped ahead of him, certain that he would catch up to her in a matter of paces, and they could enjoy the rest of their day together, free from the burdens of expectations.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas