[PRP] We're all "locals" now [Nchekwube x Zuru]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm
User ImageThe sun was out. The air was cool and crisp and clean. Nchekwube relished it all, taking a deep breath into his lungs and holding it there for a few, thoughtful moments before releasing it in a slow and controlled exhale. When was the last time he had been out and about during the day? It seemed like the Amusu had been spending all of his time locked away in the catacombs, these days. Of course, that decision rested on no one's shoulders but his own. There was just so much for him left to learn. Nchekwube was honored to have the role he held, but that didn't make up for the fact that he had been taken into the ranks of the Amoosu at a late age.

Sometimes he wondered if he would ever catch up.

'No time to be thinking like that, Nche' he thought to himself as he shook his head. His mane settled around his face and Nchekwube rubbed at his eyes with the back of his paw before he squinted, looking around his rocky surroundings. With a thoughtful blink, he chose a direction and before beginning into a comfortable trot towards one of the nearby streams. Some fresh water to go with the fresh air, maybe that would clear his head some.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:49 pm
oo DeD

Zuru breathed in deeply he like the cool crisp air and it filled him with something that he had not had in a while a feeling of happiness, he was getting more comfortable living in the Nezi pride, learning the ways of the pride of the dead. He hoped he would grow closer with Jamila and perhaps they would be able to start a family together, but he would have to be patient with the scarred female otherwise he would risk losing her forever. Zuru did not go to the catacombs but he walked by the area looking for cubs that he could tell stories to. Stories of the world outside of the pride. He made his way to the stream figuring it was a good place to find lions to tell his stories to he had not tried yet to tell his stories to adults instead working on getting the cubs to warm up to his purple toes to teach them he was no a threat to the pride.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:08 pm
The sight of the gray lion made Nchekwube's brows raise in surprised happiness. "Zuru!" he called, making his way over towards the other lion from his spot by the stream. There was a jauntiness in his step. A sort of youthful, peppy bounce. Try as he might to let his position as Amusu knock some seriousness into him, Nchekwube never seemed to be able to shake away the youthful streak in him. Full mane or not, there seemed to be some permanent specks of childlike wonder in his heart.

"Good afternoon, friend," he greeted warmly, his ears perked and his tail twitching back and forth as he made his way alongside Zuru. "You've been doing well, I hope? I don't think I've seen you around since… since, well, your first days here!" Ah, how time went by. The Amusu certainly hoped that all his new pride brethren were getting along well. Hoped that they were getting the same comfort of home as he did in the caldera.
MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 pm
oo DeD

Zuru grinned happy at the joyful reaction to seeing him, it made him feel good that at least one member of the pride was in no way fearful of his coloring. "Greetings friend, yes I have been getting along pretty well, I think I am making progress getting the cubs to listen to my stories." He said with a grin. "Also I have been spending time with a new member of the pride a female, I like her a great deal." Zuru looked the Amusu looking to see if he looked tired or stressed. "What of you how have you been doing? Not working too hard I hope."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:05 pm
"I'm sure that the cubs would be perfect ears for your stories. In fact, I can't imagine that any of us that were born here would be uninterested in hearing stories of the world outside. Before the new arrivals, word from faraway lands came few and far between. In fact, I might have to pull a story out of you one of these days," he finished with a laugh.

As Zuru continued to speak, Nchekwube's ears perked. "Oh?" he started. "I'm glad to hear it. Very glad, in fact." 'I like her a great deal.' The lion repeated Zuru's words in his head and felt a ping of… something. Some sort of twinge in his chest. He had been spending too much time locked away in the dark. There was some…. company that he found himself suddenly missing a great deal.

A wry smile snuck onto his face. "Now that you mention in, perhaps I have been working a bit too hard. There is much to learn, I'm afraid, and I've spent… maybe too much time down in the catacombs." A heavy breath left his chest. "It might be a good idea to spend some time among the living."
MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:03 pm
oo DeD

Zuru smiled and then shrugged his large shoulders "It takes time, they have also been raised to be a little unnerved by outsiders and I suppose that is smart considering the past but I am taking in day by day to become part of this pride and share my stories." He grinned thinking of Jam she was a very strong female and he wanted very much to get to know her better and have her open up to him and make her feel protected and perhaps one day even loved. "Yes, it has been good to spend time with her." Zuru grinned broadly "Well I can suggest some fun activities, perhaps a hunt with the members of the pride or perhaps make up a game that the pride can play together??"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:39 pm
"A social hurdle that's been difficult for many to overcome," Nchekwube acknowledged, his tail twitching and his ears flattening a touch. Those that didn't take the recent changes well had their displeasure manifest in a variety of different ways from outright anger to quiet, burning anxiety. The lion's brow knit as he thought of Amatyala. Admittedly, he missed her company. A pang of guilt resonated from his chest. He should probably pay her a visit…

"Oh?" Nchekwube questioned, ears perking at the lion's mention of activities. "I'm all open ears." He smiled, then. "I'd love to hear your thoughts. And any sorts of customs or stories you bring us from the world outside the caldera. Ancestors know my head could use a bit of fun and a bit less work…"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 pm
oo DeD

Zuru understood the history of the pride and it made sense that the pride would worry that the colored new members might bring death to the pride that they were not ready for. The nezi did not rush towards death, death was honored and respected as the end of an amazing journey. When Zuru died he wanted to be honored and remembered for the stories he shared with the pride, not for fear of the past. Zuru cocked his eyebrow looking over Nche's body language. "Are you thinking of someone special as well?" He asked curiously. Zuru thought for a moment. "I have heard tales of snow lions that did hide and seek games seeking hares that helped them navigate the snow. Perhaps the pride could seek jackals, snakes, or some other small predator as an interesting hunt to spark working together or competition. I visited a pride that lived alongside the sea and they sought the blessing of the sea. Is there a blessing of the ancestors that could be done to help the new members feel more at home in their new families?" He asked. Since Zuru knew that he and the others had no ancestor bones like the others in the pride further making them apart from the heart of the pride. Their children might also be without unless something was done.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:21 pm
Nchekwube gave the lion a warm smile. "You know Zuru, if no one's told you yet, the pride is truly blessed to have you. So many fascinating stories of the outside world and being completely willing to share them?" He gave a small laugh. "Your ideas are interesting ones. Perhaps I'll find a moment to chat with Onyeisi Itiri." He nodded, then.

There was a pause as he seemed thoughtful. Not about Zuru's stories, but about what he had said before… "I… would have to admit that there's someone that's been occupying my mind more than others…" he said, his voice growing distant as he glanced over his shoulder towards where the main pridal living quarters were. "And that my mind hasn't been… all together here. In fact… I think I might have to say goodbye for now so I can go… address such matters."

He gave the grey lion a wry smile. "I really do appreciate it. And I'll have to really sit down with you to pry out some stories," he called, starting to walk away. Before he was too far, he paused and turned. "And as far as ancestor's blessings go… Well. Zuru, you're truly one of our brethren now, born here or not."
MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:30 pm
oo DeD

Zuru smiled brightly "Thank you for that Nche it is good to know that." He grinned "Of course I want to share my stories what good is a story if it is kept inside it will simply die with the failure of a teller." Zuru nodded happy, that Nche took his suggestion seriously. "Good bye my friend, get some rest and make time to see the one on your mind so your thoughts can calm." he suggested. Zuru smiled and nodded "Thank you again." Then with that he left Nche to head off to do what he needed to do, Zuru wanted to find Jamiel anyway.

(Fin)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas