Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:49 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

It had been a season of many things- hatchings and sickness, happiness and sadness, dances, feasts and celebrations.

And rocks. Of the heart-shaped variety. From a sibling so lovely and wonderful that Mictecath might have smooshed her into a heart-shaped trinket to carry around with her always.

But Nyara had insisted that she couldn’t simply follow Alegriath around- no, that was not the done thing. Besides, it was creepy, and there would be times where Mic would have to attend separate lessons. It was a logical impossibility that no amount of sheer willpower and stubbornness would overcome.

So the young queen thought long and hard about the gift she’d received, and then about the gift she would give back- warmth, affection, cuddliness… that could all become a material object.

And so, winter was also the season of knitting. Nyaranau spent what precious free time she had outside of chores and study and lessons and training knitting a white scarf, to match Alegriath’s pure white hide. It was long enough to wrap around the neck of a young dragon, and long enough to fit Arlie, too. Perhaps when Alegriath reached maturity, she might struggle to wrap it around her- but it would never not fit her rider, and for that, Mic was incredibly proud.

Alegriath, my dearest! Look at what we have made you! Your present was so heartwarming, I wanted to warm your heart as well! Look! The pride and happiness surged like waves as she cornered her white cousin.

Nyaranau, who had followed lazily behind, grinned as she proffered the scarf to Arlie. “Happy Turnover, my fellow lovely ladies. Mictecath and I hope it will always keep you warm and cosy. We both wish you the best Turnover. If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to ask, okay?” Her trademark cheer was present, as was her grin, and she couldn’t help the excitement at seeing their faces.

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Was Alegriath cornered by Mictecath, or was it the other way around? For as soon as she saw her queen cousin, Ale honked loudly in delight, all but dragging Arlie with her as Hers kept hold of her tail. Mic was an excellent cuddler, you see, which gave her full marks. It...wasn’t exactly hard to get full marks with Alegriath, but ANYWAY.

Hello, Cousin!! she greeted, returning the waves of affection with her own. If you’re here, that means you’re not busy, right? Does that mean we get to...Oh! Visions of snuggling up, if not practically into, the gold were interrupted when Nyaranau presented them with the extra long scarf.

Both dragonet and young girl gaped at the present. Them both of their eyes began to sparkle: Arlie’s with tears, Alegriath with childish glee. The white practically bounced on her paws, not seeming to notice the little slips doing so on snowy roads would risk.

Oh!! OH!! Oh, Faranth, it’s so lovely! Alegriath trumpeted and trilled and made her delight well known. In her excitement, however, she didn’t wag her tail or let it slip out of Arlie’s grip. You shouldn’t have, but we love it!!! Mine, we can wrap it all around us like a blanket but for our heads! Together!

Arlie let go of her dragon’s tail anyway to wipe at her face hastily. She had never received a present before, not from anyone besides Haveli, and not for a long time at that. “Oh,” was all she could say for a moment, her voice watery. “You d-didn’t...” People probably weren’t supposed to cry about presents, but Arlie was something of a crybaby about a great deal of things. Kindness was at the top of the list.

Alegriath began to dance around the goldrider pair now that she was free. Where did you get it? Did you make it? It’s so long!

Sweet Symmetry

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:16 am
medigel

If cuddling had been a class with an exam, there was no doubt the gold and the white would have come top of their teams. Not that it was a competition- Mictecath loved love. As Alegriath ran towards them, she gave a musical croon of delight and happiness.

And then, the present was presented.

It was everything Mictecath could have wanted in another dragonpair. The explosion of love and happiness buoyed her to the point of dancing on her tip-paws, swaying to and fro. How glad I am! How glad! Oh, my Nyara, my sweet Nyara! Look- look at how hap- But she paused here, realising that Alegriath’s rider was… crying. Oh, oh no, my poor sweet dear, oh- anxiety wormed into her mindvoice, and her eyes turned yellow.

“Oh, sweetness. Arlie, it’s okay. You don’t have to cry. It’s just a gift. It’s okay.” Nyara reached out to pull her into a comforting hug. Boundaries? What were they?

Mictecath nuzzled Arlie, before turning to Alegriath and pressing her nose against the white’s. Oh, my Nyara made it for you both. I gave her the idea- your present was just so lovely. I wanted you to have something from our hearts, too!  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm
< Don’t worry, it’s good crying, > Alegriath assured them cheerfully, undeterred by what Arlie thought was her mistake. Nothing could stop her from radiating pure, unadulterated joy at such a heartfelt surprise. < Thank you so very much!! >

Oh, but she was so glad to see Hers being hugged, too. Arlie needed them so much, and while the white was more than happy to provide her version of a hug, it was so nice to have another weyrling give one. Like another present, she thought. Hers deserved so many good things, even if she didn’t think so.

< Ms. Nyara is so talented, > Alegriath chirped, fitting her head neatly under Mictecath’s like they were building a totem pole. < So she likes knitting? How does she feel about maybe being part of a special project? > she asked with all the slyness of a newborn lamb. < Ingonth and I are cooking something up for the herdbeasts. >

Arlie closed her eyes and tried to stifle any more tears threatening to come out as she was embraced, but it was just too hard. A few more slipped out before she filled down enough deep breaths to steady herself, and she found herself clutching Nyaranau in a small hug. “I-I’m sorry,” she mumbled, mostly muffled. “I—We love it.” The scarf was extra long and looked extra cozy for it, but she didn’t want to release the other woman just yet to put it on.

It wasn’t just a gift, though. Not for Arlie. Certainly not for Alegriath, who had picked her presents with an uncharacteristically shrewd eye.

Sweet Symmetry

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 am
medigel

Good crying… The dragon puzzled over this for a moment or two, then harrumphed softly into Arlie’s chest, nuzzling the young girl once more. There now, it’s okay. Cry if that is what your heart tells you to do. They could all help dry those tears afterwards.

The young queen turned back to her precious white clutchsib, crooning happily, low and proud. She enjoys trying new things- but she doesn’t think she’s very good at it. Mic had begged to differ during the candlemarks of labour the young woman had invested in her gift, but Nyara was almost as stubborn as she was. Intrigued by Alegriath’s comments, she tilted her head, eyes whirling a steady blue-green. Cooking… something up for the herdbeasts? Are you sure you don’t mean you’re cooking the herdbeasts? There was a little lilting laugh, and she shook her head slightly. But, we will offer our help wherever, Ale. You may count on us!

“You don’t need to be sorry, sweetheart. It’s okay to cry, you know? Happy or sad tears, it’s all good." She patted Arlie's back with a degree of sisterly affection- something she hadn't done in a while. Nyara realised she missed it, and made a mental note to hug Ruunan when next she saw him. "I’m glad you like it. My mother taught me to knit, as a child, but I wasn’t very good at it.” Nyaranau laughed gaily, hoping Arlie would join in on the self-teasing. Anything to cheer her up, right? She didn’t release the younger weyrling yet- the hug seemed to be giving her some strength and ability to control the tears as she desired. Shells… it even felt like she was hugging back! Warmth swept through her- being appreciated was a sharding good feeling. Could live off the stuff.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games