Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:43 pm
Certainly, such co-dependence was understandable in all dragons. Anakumath's life was intrinsically intertwined with Martirae's and a month of fitting into pathways that weren't meant for larger dragons as she would be felt too short. Her beloved was in the records room - reading local histories for what felt like the dozenth time while the gold was posted loyally outside the door, peering in with eyes of yellow and purple. She ached to have her beloved's touch at all times in a way that not even the touch of their minds - so constant, so loving - didn't ease. The discomfort of a new bond being stretched and tested, even though it would take barely 5 hasty steps to summon Martirae to her.

I can take a break soon, Anakumath, the junior weyrwoman promised, feeling her own unease at the distance. She'd waited what felt like a lifetime, never knowing that wait would feel less like agony than the constant need she had to be near her young lifemate. It would ease over time as their bond strengthened, yes, but it would still be time.

What they both needed....was a distraction.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:57 am
The distraction of a sorts came in the form of a walking bundle of records, held tightly together by small arms as though their life depended on it, followed by a white dragonet. If not for the dragonet and the small peek of legs beneath the massive stack it wouldn't have been far-fetched to believe they were moving on their own, but alas they were being carried by someone who probably shouldn't have taken out quite so many. Or as the case may be, have offered to help ferry some back in as a way of helping. Soui couldn't ever say no to someone needing a favor even if that favor was probably a bit much for a single person to handle.

I am capable of helping carry, you know. There's no need to do everything yourself. True to her words Museth was trailing behind with a few records delicately placed between her teeth, having gathered what fell in their trek over. Also next time, say no. As much as the white did enjoy seeing Soui help others and as much as she knew it was their duty, sometimes no was okay. Her beloved rider would run herself into the ground at this rate, but - Look out.

Ever distracted, Soui only had the thought to turn and look back at her lifemate before she collided with...something. Or someone as this case may be, which was quite certainly a large dragonet. The records spilled out, Soui spilled over, and Museth's bell-like laughter filled the area.

Oh my. Are you alright, my love? And to you, my cousin?

demon_pachabel
yoink!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:13 am
Such alarm suddenly jolted through their bond that the previously estimated 5 steps it would have taken Martirae to get out the door had become 2, a hand reached out to rest on Anakumath's neck even before either dragon or woman had actually assessed what had happened. The gold leaned into her beloved's touch as she stretched her neck to gently nudge at Soui with a small croon of assurance.

I am fine, dear Museth. That is an awfully large collection of records.... she noted at the scattered pile, before looking to Martirae who's lips tightened. Fine, she agreed to the silent plea, stepping from her post and beginning to collect those papers that had gone fluttering everywhere. Clearly, Soui had been carrying more than she could - for whatever reason. No greeting was offered, but it wasn't unusual for Martirae to keep some distance. It had simply grown a bit more pronounced now that she was juxtaposed next to her lifemate.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:35 am
She doesn't know how to say no. Museth's tone was affection yet held a tint of exasperation as she watched her own bond scramble to gather what she could. The teen hadn't quite looked up yet to see just who she'd bumped into or who was helping, and this was something the small white was looking forward to. She was....aware, more or less, of Soui's feelings towards her Cousin, and to see how she would react and how Museth could respond was a top priority. Mine? She's trying to hand some records to you.

Gathering records as fast as she could, careful not to bend them any more than she already had, Soui looked up with a weary smile at her helper and the obstacle she'd so kindly bumped. "Thank you, and so...so...so..." As soon as that particular golden hide came into view the records were dropped again and fresh memories of anxiety at the touching, at the hatching, and everything between rushed Soui's mind and body. Instantly she turned as red as a dragon's eye and turned herself in towards Museth, the white complying with a movement of her wing. "S...sorry for bumping in to you, Ma....M...Ms. Martirae and Anakumath. I should have been paying attention to where I was going." Carefully she peeked back out, her whole need for manners outweighing mortification. If she carried on like this things would only be made worse, really.

"I...guess I got a little overloaded on the way here. Someone asked me to bring a few and then as I was walking someone else asked since I was heading this way already, and I didn't think it would be so much trouble." The young weyrling knelt down and tried to regather what she'd dropped twice now, all the while glancing up and down without meeting eye contact. "I...I hope I didn't bother you too much by bumping in, I know you've got a lot of work you should be doing."

demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:38 am
That familiar vice grip tightened on Martirae's chest as Soui fumbled over her words. Looking towards Anakumath, that ever familiar yellow whirled in her eyes and Martirae reached out with a hand to rest it flat against her dragon's side. It did little to help. "Martirae is sufficient," she stated firmly, perhaps with more bite than she would have if Anakumath's feelings weren't raising her hackles so. "How were you expecting to pay attention to where you were going when you were doing work for other people?" Did others think that because Museth was white they could simply impose upon Soui because she clearly wasn't doing anything else?

Anakumath leaned her mental weight against Martirae, distracting her from her annoyance as she instead picked at that ugly knot of string that had bunched up in her chest.

You are not bothering, Soui. Anakumath offered softly with a very hidden desperation to settle the young woman's nerves. We are never too busy to make time for you and Museth, she added, even as Martirae carried the records she'd picked up back into the room they'd obviously been meant for.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:17 pm
Soui flinched at Marirae's tone, though Museth nuzzled against her softly. While she hadn't been hatched when much of her cousin's Impression was occuring the white had easily been filled in, Soui's heart holding no secrets from her. It wasn't as though the teen hated the gold - oh no, Anakumath was adored, it was just that she was so....embarrassed. To have cried like a baby so many times and cause upset? Humiliating, really. "I...I don't know. I just wanted to help and be useful to High Reaches, since well...I'm."

It had been less than two months but Soui had learned. About being the youngest, about being a whiterider. About being from Western, and how she'd have to work hard just to get people to even want to bother learning her name, let alone that of her dragon.

"Since I'm still new here. Plus some of these are ones I was reading tooooo..." She trailed off as Anakumath spoke to her, cheeks reddening. ". . . ." Again she turned into Museth, who gave as much of a lady-like sigh as possible as she ushered the teen to follow the poor junior weyrling goldrider who was being forced to clean up after her. "Th...thank you."

She's really rather happy to see you again, Anakumath. Believe it or not she talks about you quite a bit. Museth, in her kindness, had decided that was enough beating around and pressed her rider forward to move on. Leave the talking to happen while actually working, yes? She speaks of Yours a lot as well, all in fondness. Soui grabbed at a stack of records and hurried in, trying not to not cause too many issues with someone who already seemed to not like her.

demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:58 pm
"Since you're what?" Marty's tone was curt, but not cruel. "Tell me, if one was to tell your lifemate to do what it is you are doing in order to be considered useful or worthy, would you simply do it as you do this?" To be an errand girl? A go-fer? "You are only worth as much as you price yourself," she had not been born as the person she was when she was chosen by a gold and the value she and Anakumath had together was not placed in the claws of others - even if Anakumath put a little too much stock in the attention from others.

Anakumath was ready to hide her head underneath her wing at Museth's words, her eyes somehow even more yellow at the revelation from her small cousin. I am just glad she seems to be doing well - and I should hope you are as well, dear Museth, she added fondly, reaching out to boop her snout against the white's cheek. I hope yours can tell mine is speaking out of care. She is very....frank, which wasn't entirely a bad trait, but perhaps it was a bit ill played at this moment.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:17 pm
Have no worries. Museth nuzzled the booping snout with just as much affection, her eyes so purple against the worrisome yellow of the Gold's own. Mine is....rather unique, in that she likely doesn't understand tone. It was true that Soui didn't understand things like sarcasm at all and certain tones escaped her grasp, but Museth found that a blessing for the teen. So many insults slid away, so much stress completely avoided. If anything she is taking what Yours is saying as very helpful advice which I am thankful for. She needs to hear a voice other than my own with suggestions.

There was a pause. As for how I am, I'm growing. Mine laments she can't carry me anymore and to be honest, I'm a bit sad too. Her sorrow as a small white couldn't compare to that of a larger gold, she was sure, for it wouldn't be hard at all for Museth to follow the two riders into the room; Anakumath had long since passed that allowance it seemed. And you, if you wish to speak of it. How are you? The white knew very little of her cousin outside of gatherings at night for bed, but even then they hardly interacted. Their social circles were not the same, if for the reason they weren't in the same assigned class together, even if they did share basic chores at times.

As for Soui....well, Museth had been somewhat correct. Marty's question was given a massive blank look as though the teen had no idea how to properly respond. "But I like helping and feeling useful? Even back home, er, at Western, I did stuff like this too. And no one really tells Museth what to do, not really, not so long as I can help it." Was that a good or bad thing due to color or age? It didn't matter since Museth would do what was asked of her anyway, unless she didn't want to. There hadn't been a time yet she'd seen her lifemate refuse but Soui had a feeling it wasn't out of the question.

"...but that's not really what you're saying, is it?" Soui had no clue but was trying to piece the dots. She had a faint notion Marty wasn't entirely mad at her but probably wasn't in the mood for company outside of her dragon either.

demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:30 pm
It was strange to think that Anakumath would always be this much larger than her peers - at least, those who weren't like Izdubath or Alquemieth who were already larger than she was. Or others she was already creeping up on in size. How long would it be before she was even larger than Sophrosunth? It feels like we have grown so quickly but still have so far to go, Anakumath agreed readily, but she'd never had much of a chance to be coddled. Nor had she real strong desires for it that she would have admitted to. If everybody else is well, I have nothing to complain about, she answered to Museth's inquiry.

There was a strange bubble of annoyance in Martirae's chest that burbled around that anxious knot she was still pulling apart for Anakumath that the gold had to nudge at. It was a feeling more familiar to her than it was her lifemate, after all. "There is a strong difference between being helpful and being taken advantage of. There are those who will think you have to justify the space you fill and if you don't know when to put your foot down, they will take until you have nothing to give and then cast you aside."

houllow

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff