Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:42 am
Thaliawen
More garbage starters yay! <3 I hope this works for you!

A heavenly smell filled the dining cavern, and Keleres breathed deep of the wonderful scent of freshly baked bubbly pies. A Turnday celebration for somebody important, perhaps? Or maybe an act of kindness on behalf of the cooks, for those whose hearts still suffered? Kel wasn’t sure, but what she did know was that delicious, sweet bubbly goodness awaited her tummy. She loaded her plate up with two fresh slices and found a seat, a little removed from the centre of the room and the general hubbub of the mess hall.

Weyrlife still had a hint of strangeness to her. She was used to private quarters, and the ability to control her day as she saw fit. Seeing customers and clients on her whim was part of her charm, or so she thought. Keleres pushed red curls from her face as she lifted a forkful of pie to her mouth, with all the practiced manners of a Lady (which she was not, but she liked to pretend she was well-to-do sometimes). Yes, part of her might miss the easiness of her Rivercrest life, but at least life at Western did not leave her feeling hollow.

Well, not all the time, anyway.

She found herself gazing into space, taking in the sights and sounds that surrounded her without truly sensing them. Dragonriders, weyrfolk, crafters- all packed in regardless of their origins, all working towards the same goal… it was admirable to see them altogether like this- and yet, here too, she was lonely. Even if she wanted to help, as a candidate, she could do nothing. The pie was sweet and juicy, but even its pure goodness could not ease the sinking feeling of inner turmoil that threatened to claim her.

Keleres paused, staring down at the beautiful crust, and found that she wasn’t hungry anymore. There was no dismay on her face, nor did she seem upset- she was just a young woman who was tired of that silent emptiness. Her world needed something a little sweeter or brighter than pie, perhaps...

Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:34 am
Marinel always ended up with too much pie. As a child, he had always taken an extra for D’mar and sought his twin out. So he’d habitually done that, as he had been for months, and looked over the dining hall for a glimpse of his twin brother. No such luck. Instead he saw a girl at his usual spot and headed over with his food.

“The kitchenworkers must have been in good moods today,” he said as he sat down across from her. “It’s still hot!” She seemed just as keen on pie as he did, he noted, seeing her plate. He didn’t think he recognized her. Was she one of the newer candidates? He hadn’t been paying enough attention to his peers.

“My name’s Marinel,” he said, and took a bite of pie. Ah, bliss. Golden, flakey, buttery crust and the sweet taste of fruit filling filled his senses. He was delighted. He chewed, swallowed, and added, “You can call me Mari, though. Everyone does.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:02 am
Thaliawen

Keleres startled from her thoughts at the sound of someone approaching, though the mask she wore was polite and warm, as was her norm. Though the seat opposite her was free, she hadn’t expected him just to plop down in it- and found that she was very glad when he did so. Company was infinitely better than dwelling on thoughts.

“It is!” Kel agreed, her smile brightening. Her appetite was returning little by little, though she didn’t have quite as much enthusiasm as he did, it seemed. Kel cut a small piece from her pie, poised to eat it, but refrained until the conversation reached a lull.

“Nice to meet you, Mari.” The young woman responded, inclining her head as he finished introducing himself after a biteful of food. Her red curls bounced a little on her shoulders, though they were still impeccably pinned. “I’m Keleres, but Kel is much easier to remember.” Her smile turned into a bit of a humorous grin, before closing around a little piece of pie.

After conscientious chewing- with her mouth closed, and as little noise as possible- Kel psoke again, “I see you’re a candidate, too.” Green eyes glanced at his knots, a flicker of warmth in her gaze. “Were you at the double clutch at High Reaches?” For some, that was still a sore spot, and a reservoir of embarrassment. Keleres was certain she had behaved with as much courtesy and respect for the hosts and the dragons, though she had experienced a degree of dizziness that had left her too unwell to attend the Feast afterwards. “Shame about what happened, on the whole… but hopefully matters between the Weyrs improve soon!” She clutched at her sunny optimism, deciding that Mari the kind of fellow who would prefer a lighter topic of conversation. She hoped to be able to attend as many clutches as possible before aging out- though that was still a few Turns in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:03 am
“Nice to meet you Kel,” Mari said, with a smile. She was right, Keleres did seem like a difficult name to remember. “Only my brother ever calls me by my full name,” he said. “Yeah,” he said. “Er, I didn’t go to that one.” He’d stayed behind, he hadn’t wanted to get stuck in High Reaches, separated from his brother. He’d done that before.

“I heard what happened,” he said. “It’s awful,” he added. High Reaches had made decisions based on behavior, but when he’d heard about someone punching an egg, he didn’t think he blamed them. “Dragonriders always need to be on their best behavior, I don’t know why that rider wasn’t.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 am
Thaliawen

“Oh.” She answered, in a beat of polite surprise and curiosity. “Who is your brother?” Keleres was glad for the conversation- it hid her fading awkwardness. She didn’t know too many people at Western Weyr, despite the months she’d already spent there. Mari didn’t seem to mind too much though.

“I don’t understand it myself.” She gave a small shrug of her shoulders, bowing her head slightly in a gesture of demurity. “I suppose there might have been some… other factors. But where I am from, manners are very important. It was… quite undignified.” The last words were spoken in hushed tones, as if a lack of dignity was some mortal sin.

“Still- I think matters will improve with time. It’s nothing our leaders can’t sort out. And there’ll be more clutches. There always are.” Her smile turned warm and easy, practiced with Turns of saying the right thing in the right situation. Mari seemed sad to have missed an opportunity to Stand- although his reasons for staying were sound and good. Hopefully she could cheer him up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm
“Dolmar. D’mar now, though. He Impressed a blue last hatching we had here.” He shrugged, then, and didn’t seem to mind how the conversation flowed. He nodded. “Manners were always important where I came from too.” He said. Before he’d run away, but even after. Becoming a trader didn’t mean he became mannerless.

“My brother’s probably having ten fits,” he grinned. “They’ll have to improve. Things always look dark when they’re about to get better, right?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 pm
Thaliawen

“Oh, congratulations to him. What’s his dragon’s name?” She smiled at Mari, genuinely glad. It would be nice to Impress someday- but she would not be jealous of other people’s achievements.

She nodded at Mari’s comment, taking another forkful of pie, and chewing soundlessly before speaking. “I think that’s the general idea, yes. They say it’s always darkest before the dawn, which is a fair assumption. But is it darker than the dark of night, or merely dark before it’s light?” Kel rubbed her chin, green eyes gleaming with a hint of humour. Who knew where this conversation was going. Sometimes it was nice to meander and chat.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am
"Strigonth," Marinel said, and gave her a smile. It was nice to meet a candidate who didn't envy another's Impression! "I was hoping we'd Impress at the same hatching, but we didn't. I think I've learned a lot since, though." He didn't seem to mind his failure to Impress, at least, not now. He speared his bubblypie with his fork, taking a bite.

"I've never stayed up till dawn, so I don't know if it gets darker," he offered. He was grinning. "I used to navigate with traders, though, I think they said the sky gradually gets lighter as time goes on."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:22 am
Thaliawen

“Blue Strigonth, of D’mar… I’ll remember.” She nodded her head with a polite joviality. “Maybe Faranth has something else in store for you?” Kel quirked an eyebrow in amusement, not entirely sure she believed in fate herself. The idea that Faranth- or any cosmic force- would guide them through life… well… it wasn’t worth the pain of wondering why bad things happened as well. Sometimes life just happened, what the shells.

She pushed the thoughts away, her perfected smile still a mask on her face, green eyes warm and bright. No slip-ups. No letting the past into the present. On the matter of darkness, she laughed a little, a soft, light tinkling sound that was almost as sweet as the pies before them. “Oh, I was just being silly. Although…” she paused, looking suddenly serious and studious, “I hear from sailors that it’s because the moons are said to disappear before Rukbat rises. But sometimes you see them in the morning too, right? So surely it’s just some kind of… saying, perhaps.” Another lilting laugh, and she put down her fork, twining her fingers together in her lap.

“Thank you for sitting with me.” She felt like she’d been taking up too much of the conversation. Encouraging people to speak without being able to use her hands and body seemed… almost weird. Almost. Maybe the pie could help? “Would you like to finish my slices as well? I fear my eyes are bigger than my stomach.”  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:48 pm
“Strigonth is interesting,” he offered. “I don’t think he’s the friendliest dragon, but really, I don’t think many of his siblings are either.” Maybe Faranth did. He could only hope there was some plan in the works. He wanted to be a success story in the end. He didn’t want to be forever the burden upon his brother, upon the Weyr. “Maybe,” he said.

“It’s fascinating. I used to navigate with a caravan before I came here. I would lay and watch the stars till they disappeared in the morning.” He smiled at her. “Our curfew is too early for that here.”

Oh? Was she leaving. “If you’re ever in need of a friend,” he offered. Oh. No. He didn’t need anymore Pie! “I have the same trouble,” he admitted with a laugh. “I’ll rot all my teeth if I keep eating pie.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 am
Thaliawen

Kel shot Mari a smile of encouragement. Yes, it was good to hope. She knew she had to keep hoping, too- the alternative was too bleak to consider.

“That sounds lovely. Sometimes, I was invited to some of the more extravagant celebrations in Rivercrest, and they would last long into the night. Watching the stars surrounded by glowlight… it really does make you think about the bigger, wide world out there…”

She wasn’t leaving- but she didn’t realise that was where his thoughts had taken him. “Oh, you’re right about that! Maybe we should get some redfruit next time- a healthier alternative?” But who could resist pie?  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games