Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Her head was filled with the awful, awful weight of sickness. Her breath was hot in her chest, and her throat ached from coughing. Something about dancing in the cold snow and getting wet? Something about not being sensible? Faranth, they did like to make a fuss sometimes.

Well, you are sick… Please, listen to the Healers. Mic implored, with a certain earnestness that almost made her fragile, in the young woman’s mind. Nyara lifted a hand and rubbed those pale golden headknobs, smiling in rapt affection. It had been fun, and so worth it.

It’s not like I can get up with you lying on me.

Mictecath didn’t even look remotely guilty. Her tail flicked slightly, then came to curl about Nyara's bent leg.

At least let me get some papers to look at? I can study, even if I can’t stand right this moment.

The gold shuffled slightly, and Nyara flopped an arm over her cot to pull out a sheaf of paper… which didn’t belong to her. The handwriting was unfamiliar. “Oh. Hey. Did someone drop this here accidentally?”

Thaliawen
Enjoy this garbage and totally improvised starter, as the one I was thinking of earlier didn't quite work! The paper can be anything you want, by the way- and not even Shanley's. XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:16 pm
Shanley was frantic. She had rushed around the barracks searching for the story she’d begun. No, no one could read it yet! It was unedited! She hadn’t gotten the nerve to share it with anyone, except Haloth. She’d read it aloud to him during their rest day.

You shouldn’t hide your talents, Mine. Haloth told her. He’d liked the story! Why wouldn’t others? Don’t you trust my judgement? While from others, this may have been a teasing statement, Haloth sounded genuinely concerned.

“Of course I do! It’s just—“

It’s good, Mine.

“You’re biased.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:02 am
Thaliawen

Maybe it was something about the story, or perhaps it was the fever affecting her mind, but Nyara’s eyes glazed over as she read one line, then the next, silently mouthing the words.

It was Mic who noticed Shanley’s distress- her vantage point from lying on top of her rider afforded her a much better view. Haloth- what is distressing Yours? Mictecath reached out gently, her voice tinged with a soft, warm affection.

Nyara was wracked by a coughing fit, and turned her head to splutter over the edge of her cot. “H-hey…” She managed to gasp, the burning sensation in her chest attempting to overwhelm her desire to speak, “this is... “ cough cough cough, “pretty good.” The prospect of asking the barracks who had written it was more than she could handle at that moment in time. Nyara’s arm grew limp, and she pressed her hand to her chest to ease the blossoming pain. Mic turned her attention to her rider and nuzzled her face, yellow worry flickering through her eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 am
Mine worries that others will read her writings and hate them. She read them to me and I like them! She says I am biased because I’m hers, but they are good! The blue fretted, looking after his rider. She really couldn’t see how good her writing was, could she? Yours found it? he guessed.

He thought it might be better that way. Shanley was so nervous about the things she wrote that he didn’t think she would ever share it if she had the choice.

Shanley looked up. “You like it?” She asked, in surprise. She headed over to Nyara. “You’re still sick. Do you want me to read it to you?” Reading was hard, with a fever. She knew from experience.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 am
Mictecath hmmed a little in thought, then glanced back towards Haloth. Perhaps. Did Yours write a story about daring dragonriders? I think this is what Mine might have found. Not that Mic could really read the paper. Come, share my wallow with me, Haloth. I fear I may be causing more harm than good by laying on my rider… Not that she would ever admit to hurting Nyara, but something about needing to breathe… ah, humans were so fragile sometimes.

The young queen slipped from the cot as Shanley approached, and Nya lifted her head ever so slightly, gratitude visible in puffy, red-ringed eyes. The sickness had done a number on her, for though she was naturally dark-skinned, she looked pale save for the puffiness of her eyes and the soreness of her nose. With a fond nuzzle for Shanley, and a last, affectionate headboop for her rider, the gold dragon moved into her wallow and lifted a wing for Haloth to join her.

“Y-yes, please…” Nyara croaked, nodding her head as she tried to hold in a cough. It came out as a half-cough, half-sneeze instead. “I’m not… contagious…” Another cough, and she pressed her hand once more against the pain in her chest, the other handing back the piece of paper.

It is very kind of you to do this. Mic bespoke Shanley, her eyes tinged with purple.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:48 am
Yes! Haloth remembered the story his rider had read to him. They save the day. Mine told me no one has ever wanted to read her stories before. Maybe Nyara would enjoy it and tell his rider so. He wanted to boost her confidence in what she loved. Her family had held her back for too many turns. Someone needed to help her embrace it.

More harm than good? Haloth looked up. Breathing might be difficult for her with you there, he agreed. Oh! Join her? Could he? He’d never expected an invitation!

Shanley studied Nyara for a moment before sitting on the edge of the cot. She looked awful, but Shanley suspected she knew that. “Your dragon’s very kind,” she said. Including Haloth like that, when he was so shy. She watched as her blue joined the gold in her wallow and smiled.

“Let’s see. I’ll start from the beginning,” It reminded her of a harper telling stories during turnover, almost. There was just one listener. “Her dragon’s eyes were a stark yellow. Diuna knew something was wrong at once. ‘Mine, the silver rain falls...’”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm
Thaliawen

Perhaps your rider asked the wrong people to read them? I know Mine enjoys stories- although she is easily distracted… Still, love and affection tinged her voice, and she crooned as Haloth moved to join her. She nuzzled him, twining tails as he got comfortable beside her, then laid her wing over him in a gentle embrace.

Nyara’s breathing settled into something a little more regular, now that she wasn’t forcing herself to talk. Something still rattled inside on particularly deep breaths, so she stuck to the more shallow breathing- less painful, more comforting, even if the dryness of her nose was a little bit uncomfortable overall. A beatific smile crossed her features as Shanley complimented her dragon, then began her tale.

At the mention of silver rain, Nyara’s eyes widened. She was nothing if not an appreciative audience. “Thread!” She gasp-choked, a shadow of her usually animated self. Still, it would be hard to compel her to remain entirely still, and Mictecath rolled her eyes slightly.

What of you, my dearest Haloth? All is well? No sickness? No injury? No dancing in frigid lakes? She sniffed him, as though trying to sense any sign of distress, then rubbed his cheek once more.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games