[PRP] A place to belong (Nara/Gaius)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:11 pm
Things were quiet on the forefront for Nara. After she had said her goodbye to her father, the young goddess found herself traveling alone in the world, still trying to find her place. She had stumbled across the Pridelands, meeting with the goddess of Purity who had showed her around. When the horned deity left to follow her daughter, Nara found herself once again alone. The Pridelands were nice, but they weren't home.

What was home anyways? The only thing she felt close to one was the storm ridden lands she had been found in. The light goddess would will herself to go back there, but now...she just couldn't. Not with the red-haired demon hanging in the midst.

Would Nara ever return there? It was questionable. Maybe when she was older she would visit but now? Nara would just need to be content with wandering the land. She had to belong somewhere...right?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaius had quickly become certain that his little goddess friend was no longer in the lands of the stormborn. Perhaps he had known it almost immediately, but still a part of him had kept him near the lands he had last seen her, just in case she returned. Eventually, he had had to accept that she was not going to return on her own and he had wasted enough time waiting around.

Unwilling to linger in those lands any longer, he had sought out the young lioness he'd met before to retrieve the necklace he knew belonged to Nara. Now, with the necklace safely tucked in his cloak, Gaius had left the stormborn lands behind. He wasn't sure if or how the necklace would help him to find his friend, at the very least he could return it to her when he did find her.

A quiet sigh, the white god stretched, his brow wrinkled as he looked down at the dust on his paws. He had never been one for so much walking or long searches. Nara, where are you? Frustrated, Gaius settled on his haunches, pulling the necklace from his cloak, as if he hoped it would suddenly tell him where the young goddess had gone.

"What?"

That was odd, he didn't remember it glowing before, had it always done that?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:47 am
Amon Larethian

Nara sighed, about to give up traveling for the day, when her dark eyes scanned the horizon. They narrowed at the sight of a red and blue glow. How unusual. She didn't remember seeing anything like that before.

Curiosity always getting the better of the young goddess, she felt herself moving towards the glow, spotting a figure holding it.

As she neared, her eyes widened. Wait. She knew that curly mane, and that cloak. The glow in his paws momentarily forgotten, Nara found herself bounding towards the familiar god, launching at him when she was close enough to make contact.

"Curly!" Nara giggled, her small paws wrapping around the other's neck. "What...what are you doing here?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:03 am
Gaius titled his head as he examined the necklace. Not had it suddenly decided to start glowing, but when he took a few steps one way, it seemed to glow brighter, when he walked the other way it grew dimmer. Why was it doing that? Oh, now it was glowing even brighter, the glow growing stronger even though he was no longer moving. What....oh no, it wasn't going to explode was it?! AHHH!!

Wait, what was--

The god had barely looked up long enough to see her before he found himself nearly bowled off his paws, a strangely familiar lioness clinging to him in a hug he had certainly not expected. He blinked, staring at her for a moment in stunned silence as recognition set in.

"Nara?"

It really was her? Wow, she was considerably larger than the last time he'd seen her! A smile spread across his maw, his own paws pulling her into a hug. Oh my god, he had found her! (or had she found him?)

"It's really you, I've missed you! What happened to you? I'm so glad you're safe."

For the moment at least, he did not seem concerned that his mane may have been ruffled, OMG THE HORROR!

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:40 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara released the hug she had on the male, smiling widely as she backed up slightly. She was a little larger than when he had last seen her, but still quite small. Nara would be a small goddess even when full grown it seemed.

She was pulled into another hug by the chauvinistic god, causing her to giggle.

"I um...Someone took my necklace and I ended up somewhere I didn't really know...I've met SO many gods! One tried calling me his sister, and then I got a father!" Nara bounced. "He took care of me when I got really sick one time...He taught me how to fly! and how to teleport!" Nara grinned.

"OH! look what I can do now!" Nara started as she eyed Gaius, before shifting into her eagle form. She chirped happily as she paraded around. "NEAT huh?!" She grinned, before materializing back to her true form.

Her eyes went to the glowing trinket in Gaius' paws. "What do you have there?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 pm
Gaius barely had a moment to acknowledge the words she spoke as she excitedly told him of what had happened and the adventures she had had. A smile, the god shook his head. She may have grown, but she was still the same Nara he had known as a cub, full of energy, it truly was dizzying trying to keep up with her. How had he ever managed? He guessed he hadn't.

One thing she said did stick with him and his eyes narrowed just slightly as he thought of the lion the young lioness had spoken of when he'd confronted her about the necklace. Oh if he ever got his paws around the a*****e who had hurt his friend, grrr!

"Oh."

He had almost forgotten about the necklace in his paw. Now he held out his paw, offering the precious trinket to its rightful owner.

"I think this is yours. It never glowed like that before, I hope it's not broken."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:30 pm
Amon Larethian

"...You...you found it?" Nara asked, as he dark eyes landed on her necklace. She didn't know how she had acquired it, it was just...there when she crash landed in the Stormborn lands. She knew it held special meaning, but before it was stolen she hadn't figured it out. She hoped she would one day, and now that it was returned to her possession, she could.

"Oh..." Nara had small tears forming in the corner of her eyes as she took the necklace. As soon as she touched the dual colored stone, the glowing stopped. "I think it knows me." She whispered to herself, placing the piece of jewelry around her neck.

"T--thank you!" Nara found herself wrapping her paws around the god's neck once more, her tears streaming into his cape.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:56 pm
Found, well that was one way to put it he supposed. There had been a bit more to it than simply finding the necklace. There might have been an encouragement of theft and coercion involved, maybe even the use of some...godly charm, but there was no reason to tell Nara that tale. What mattered was that the necklace was back with its true owner.

"It seemed important, I thought you should have it back."

Gaius smiled, returning the hug with one paw. It had seemed so long since he'd last seen his friend, long enough that she was no longer the small cub he had first met in the stormborn lands. He might have nearly given up more than once, even he may not have been entirely certain of why he had not. Something about the little goddess, he just could not forget her.

"It is good to see you again, I'm glad you are safe."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:37 am
Amon Larethian

Nara found herself wiping the tears from her eyes, as she held a large smile on her face. She released her grip once more, eyeing the god she had met many moons ago. "You look no different than before," she giggled, a paw pulling at one of his curly locks.

The young goddess grinned, shifting her necklace, getting use to the feel of it once more.

"Come on! Walk and talk with me. It's been too long! Tell me what's been going on!" Nara urged the male to move, a new found sense of purpose in her step. Maybe things would start to look up from here on out? She had her necklace back, and her old friend? What more could the goddess ask for?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:34 pm
The god smiled, a flick of his tail as a paw raised to straighten the mane she had ruffled, taking a moment to smooth his cloak before the paw returned to the ground. He had been most certainly reached his full height by the time he had first Nara (though perhaps he had lost some weight around the middle, travelling will do that), it was not surprising he did not look much different to her, especially since he always made sure to keep himself looking suave, travelling was no excuse.

"But you do."

She was significantly taller than the last time he'd seen her, and more mature. In many ways, the small goddess was not the same cub he had once known, though in others she had remained as she always was.

"Perhaps we can share stories of our adventures."

Gaius nodded, pleased to journey with his friend again, dusty paws and all. And maybe they'd find an adventure of their own.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas