Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm
It was cold, cold enough that E’nd teeth were chattering as he walked across the bowl from the infirmary after visiting a few riders who had gotten hurt from a mistake in training earlier in the day. One broken arm and a few bloody noses but beyond that it was nothing that couldn’t be dealt with. Instead he cursed under his breath that Fadeth was lucky he got to stay back in their weyr nice and warm while he was outside freezing having to do work. If he had any sense he would have made the bronze come with him but he was feeling generous today.

”Come on summer weather, come back please.” The man muttered under his breath as he tried to warm his fingers with this breath.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 am
R’elien was missing the summer weather as well. It never froze in Western, but it was chilly enough that he responded with a shiver. Too used to warm weather. He almost wished it would snow. He heard it was warmer when it snowed than when it didn’t.

Kaeth snorted. It never snows here. he said. The whole Weyr would be in disarray if it did.

R’elien grumbled about the chill. The healers were taking good care of Kindu, a four turn old he had been amused by a few times. He was a sweet lad, but he’d gotten ill. He saw another man coming from the infirmary. “It’s cold, isn’t it?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:38 pm
“Too cold.” E’nd glanced up at the unfamiliar rider as they passed, he looked about as miserable as he did with the cold. There had been a reason why he had never bothered to spend any time hunting or even things like sledding when he was a kid, like his mother he disliked the cold and preferred to spend all his time bundled up in the warm hold.

“I guess it could be worse but I would rather live in spring weather forever.”

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:39 am
“Too cold,” R’elien agreed. “But probably.” It could always be worse. Shards, they could have lived at High Reaches! “Do you want to get some klah?” He asked. Something warm, maybe a bubblypie? Eating something warm seemed to work better and faster than wearing something warm.

“Me too,” he said. “Fall is nice, too. Summer’s too hot.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:09 pm
E’nd paused as the other rider offered to get something to eat, and for a moment the dark haired rider paused as if heavily debating the fact that he had duties to still take care of or if something warm in his belly would at least stop the chatting long enough that he could actually write.

“Sure.” It was somewhat cheerful as he rubbed his hands together giving a nod. “Fall just means winter is coming though, and even with the summer being hot and I burn like paper with flame it still beats the cold.”

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:53 am
R'elien nodded. They could at least get something warm to eat, and klah was good when it was cold. "I always found it easier to warm up than cool down," he said. "We can wear warmer clothes and drink klah. When it's summer, we're hot and miserable. The only way to cool off is heading to the water or wine." He grinned, offering a shrug. "Kaeth likes to soak in the sun, though. Summer's probably his favorite season."

"What do you use for your burns? Do you see a healer?"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm
“I think that is my problem, I just never feel warm unless there are like four fires in a room, one for each direction.” He gave another shiver again as they started across the bowl again to the dinner hall and kitchen. “I am not good at the drinking wine so much so I tend to huddle in the shade or under Fadeth’s wings when he is sunning. The best is to sit in the water while under his wing to cool off.”

He nodded as if to answer the last question. “I usually go every summer to the healer to ask for some numbweed to ease the pain. If I am careful enough it just turns a little pink and bothers me for a day. If I am not careful then a few days where I hate wearing too much leathers.”

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm
Poor guy. R'elien couldn't imagine using so much firewood at once for his own comfort. He must have been from a warmer climate, then? Western was lovely most of the time, but shards, if he had to visit High Reaches. They had snow! "I don't think you'd survive in the mountains," he said. He was amused when the man revealed how he stayed cool. "Kaeth wouldn't let me hide under his wings," he said. "He's vain as can be and he'd hate for me to make him look bad."

He winced in sympathy. Leathers on a burn... Ouch. "That doesn't sound fun."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas