Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Object Lesson (Dezerac/Sabina+Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 pm
That had...not gone at all as intended.  Not that anyone ever intented to get blown right into a clump of Thread and fall out of the sky.  The timing of that gust of wind, right in the midst of the transition from one wave to the next, could not have been worse.  The pain had been excrutiating as it ate away at Vedmath's wings, shoulders, and neck, and he'd blacked out before he'd had a chance to go between.  One of the Queens had caught and taken them between, and then dunked them just to be safe.

The bronze had suffered the brunt of the damage, and now, hours later and vastly uncomfortable despite copious amounts of numbweed on what felt like everything, was sufficiently stitched and banadaged where necessary, and just possibly regretting that he and His had chosen a traditional weyr.  He was not going to be flying up to it anytime soon.  The only consolation was that His was also awake and treated, and considerably more mobile.  Vedmath had whuffled at him all over, assessing the damage himself and expressing concern over the bandages that swathed his torso, while Dezerac fussed at his state in turn.

I'm sorry, Mine, the young bronze creeled. I-

None of that.  It's nothing you did or didn't do, it just happened.  Don't you go apologizing for it.

But-

No.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am

He's hurt, a soft voice wailed in Sabina's head, disturbing her from much needed rest. I'm sure that he is, Sabina agreed, although which 'he' she was thinking of was anyone's guess. It had been their first Fall, too. But...

Please, Mine, I want to see him.

Sigh.

Sabina rolled out of bed, wincing as the aches and pains of her own bandaged wounds made their presence known. Keziath warbled with concern, her eyes gone yellowish green. "I'm fine, you goof. Just a little thread scored. Not like your handsome friend." Or, for that matter, her insufferably handsome friend, drat the man.

She managed to get dressed well enough, wincing when movement tore one of the healing sores open. Lovely. Keziath's immediate desire for sand really wasn't helping anything. "Believe it or not, my love, sand does not solve all problems." At the rebuke, however, the soft green made a distressed keen, and her rider only ended up feeling like a heel. "Most things, though."

That seemed to cheer Kezia up enough that they could fly down to visit a pair of very much injured boys. The green was eager to fuss over Vedmath, who had been so very brave during the Fall. Landing as close as they could, the pair made their way to find Dezerac and his poor, battered bronze dragon. Keziath gave a curious chirrup of a greeting, but then immediately began to worry. That didn't look good at all!

"Keziath, he's fine. He's going to be okay. He definitely does not need sand. Kezi!"

The young woman had to make a grab for her green, who was so certain that clearly a bit of sand would surely do the trick. Oh no, Vedmath, you're so hurt, Keziath fretted, checking him over for all signs of damage. And there were many.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 am
For all that he was drawing nearer and nearer to his full growth, Vedmath nevertheless felt very small...and it would have been quite a comfort to actually be small again, and tuck himself into his rider's arms. Alas, while he had previously been very satisfied with how large and consequently strong he was growing to be, cuddling up to His was far more difficult than it had once been. Especially since he had to be careful, so as not to aggravate Dezerac's injuries, although the man was as stoic about it as ever. But, in private at least, Vedmath was free to fuss over him, while also trying to follow his example and not show just how much it actually did hurt.

The appearance of a certain green did give him substantial extra incentive to hold his head up and pretend at a confidence that, for once, he really had to work for. The yellow-gray of his eyes brightened with green as he perked up to hold himself more alertly, flexing his wings-

Oh, maybe that hadn't been such a good idea after all. Gray flickered back through his eyes and, chastened by the flash of pain his unwise attempt to pose had caused, went back to holding his wings at a more comfortable angle (not that it was really that comfortable regardless, but at least it was less uncomfortable). I am fine, he attempted to reassure his dear friend, though the statement ran directly counter to the obvious reality. It's not as bad as it looks, really. Please don't worry! He didn't want to cause her any concern, even if it did feel just a bit gratifying to have the soft, lovely Keziath fussing over him.

"No, sand would not be wise," Dezerac agreed dryly as he moved aside so as not to be in the dragons' way. "I imagine it would upset the Healers."

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff