Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm
Somehow, Kinye had found it in her heart to not be upset with her fellow candidates. She could have counted on one hand which ones were responsible for the change that was to come, that sad look on Gr’del’s face. But being upset with anybody in particular didn’t change things, and if they didn’t change for that, they would need to change for the new Candidatemaster. Guessing had already begun on who it would be.

There had been a healthy amount of guesses that it would be a rider nobody knew so well, some suspected one of the assistants would be given a promotion. Kinye, to her credit, had enjoyed the ideas others had suggested but had none of her own. Demanthra had made it clear she wasn’t even sure she would still have her position - or even reapply for it. The hatching had been too many feelings.

Kinyegele hadn’t been certain what that was supposed to mean.

But she’d taken to cataloging the guesses at meal times, sitting with one of her pieces of papers as she ate with a little chart drawn out. “Do I have everybody?” she asked nobody in particular, looking things over. She felt like she was missing one of the obvious guesses.

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:03 am
Everybody who? a chipper voice in her head asked.

As was Alegriath's wont, she perched on the bench, delicate white claws on the table, curious and bright eyes aimed up at the girl. While the Touching had come and gone with her egg hidden in the sand, she was quite sure she could get a grasp of people's character in seconds, friendly people that HerArlie had to meet to help her get out of her own shell. And this candidate was one of them, she just knew it!

Behind her and holding her tail as a child clutched a favorite toy, Arlie shyly stood, her tray balanced in on her free hand. It was an automatic thing when Alegriath was high enough or close enough to do so, to twine tails as the dragonet had put it. One of her brothers was such a fan of it, and Alegriath adored it so much she adopted it herself. Arlie let her tail go, however, in a bout of self-consciousness, though at the white's gentle prodding, she took a seat opposite the other girl.

"Um, hello," she mumbled. "Sorry, she's...Are you looking for someone?"

demon_pachabel

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm
Having grown up surrounded by dragons, it hardly surprised Kinye to have a voice chiming in her head. It was a rather unfamiliar sort, however, and she couldn't help but look from her thoughts to see who looked the most likely to be the source. It wasn't a long search for the little white that peered so curiously at her and Kinye found herself almost reaching out to offer a scritch without even asking. She barely caught herself.

"Hello!" she greeted brightly, completely unbothered by the intrusion. Sitting out in a public space, it was rather uncouth to consider anybody else simply existing near you to be one anyways. "No apologies, I was speaking out loud!" though dragons did read minds, and she wouldn't have put it past someone friendly to pry a little bit if she thought much harder.

Kinye looked down at her chart, patting it assertively with one palm. "I guess you may not have heard - I don't know how much they shared with the Weyrlings......but we're getting a new Candidatemaster," she explained, fighting to keep a frown at bay. She was only partially successful. "So I wanted to write down all of the guesses...." even if she wanted to hope against all odds that Gr'del could come back.

Medigel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:43 pm
Alegriath was leaning forward for said scratch, but didn't look put out when the girl withdrew her hand. Her tail, now free, twitched of its own, happy free will.

"Um..." Arlie rolled her sleeves up and thought. There had been a hubbub about something, and someone had been removed, but her focus had been on her new dragon and her sister's uncertain fate; she hadn't paid attention. If that man had gotten fired...was it because of candidates like her? She had panicked in the middle of the Hatching, after all, and she had been lucky nothing had actually happened to her.

You know. Besides Haveli losing faith in her for leaving and then somehow getting knocked into a coma in her absence, all while nearly getting Alegriath scared Between in her anxiety.

Feeling the familiar sting in her eyes, Arlie blinked and looked down at her food instead. "I-I'm sorry, I don't...really know a lot of people." She picked at her food with a fork while her dragon sent soothing thoughts. "Just me n' my sister." Who wasn't there. Who was stuck in a cot until Faranth knew what. Whose glare like daggers hadn't left her mind since that morning.

Alegriath stepped in quickly with a bubbly, And me! I'm Alegriath! And this is MyArlie. So, the list is super important? She cocked her head curiously. How many names are there? Who do you think is getting in?

demon_pachabel

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm
"That's okay! Nobody starts of knowing everybody," Kinye offered brightly, "and now you know me! I'm Kinye!" She seemed to deem it settled just like that, though she wasn't sure what to do about the threat of tears she could see on the Weyrling's face. Before she could comment on that, Alegriath had taken up the reigns of the conversation, drawing the young woman's attention to her once again.

"Nice to meet you both!" she beamed at the introduction, before glancing down at her list. "It's as important as anybody wants it to be, I guess! I think it's fun to have!" It wouldn't change any lives or moods to exist, but it was a way to spin a little bit of fun into the otherwise very dreary situation. Being down wouldn't make Kinye's situation better, at least.

Still, the list was a great deal less interesting than Arlie and her lifemate were. "How is Weyrling training treating you so far?" she asked eagerly. It had likely been a lot of little things to start with - the care of a baby dragon, strengthening their bond, making new shoulder knots. But she was still very interested.

medigel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff