[PRP] Goodbyes are always the hardest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 am
Nara was getting older. She no longer could curl to fit between her father's front paws. She would still have a limb or two topple over it. With that, Nara knew it was time she needed to start facing her past. However, this was something she needed to do on her own, even though she would like to have had Griffith with her at all times.

If she was ever going to grow into a self-reliant goddess, she would need to do this on her own.

Her dark eyes glanced towards the lounging god of balance. She approached the male, a small purr rumbling through her form as she watched him for a moment. "Dad....?" She started quietly, her body lowering to the ground as she lay in a resting position.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The god of balance had been mostly quiet that morning, lost in his own silent thought. In the time since he had found his reborn daughter, Griffith's life had become a whirlwind, full of childish energy and curiosity. She has reminded him of how much he had cherished being a father, and how precious his children were.

Since that time he had treasured every moment they shared, the good and bad, peaceful and heart-pounding, the quiet moments and those she'd spent bouncing off the walls. But the god knew such moments could not last forever. His little one was not little anymore, she was growing, becoming her own and learning to find her own path and confidence.

"Hmmm?"

He looked toward his daughter, a soft smile on his maw.

"What is it, Nara?"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:01 am
Amon Larethian

Her head tilted, curious as to how she should word this. "I've...I've been thinking." She started slowing, her dark blue eyes gazing at him. "I...I think I should start my next journey." There was a bit of hesitation in her voice.

"I mean...by myself?" She looked away, not wanting to see his actual facial reaction.

"It seems like a lot of older mortals we meet don't have their parents with them at all times...Is...this what is suppose to happen?" Nara was learning every day. What was the norm? She didn't know. She was curious is the young wingless goddess she had once met was also doing the same thing.

"...You're not mad...are you?" She asked quietly.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:47 am
There was a sadness in the god's eyes as his daughter spoke, a heartache that he could not quite conceal, despite his best attempts. He had known this day would come, they day she would leave him and set out on her own journey. He had just not realized it would come so soon.

"Of course I'm not mad. You have grown so much, I knew the time would come for you to find your own path."

A quiet sigh to himself, no matter how many times his children grew up, no matter how many times they said goodbye, it was never any easier, a mixture of sorrow and pride he was never ready for. This was the second time he was saying goodbye to his little girl, once in her previous life, and now again. How blessed he had been to find her in this life as well, and he would forever cherish the second chance.

But goodbye is not forever.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:11 am
Amon Larethian

Nara felt a sense of pride swell in her as Griffith said she had grown. She had, hadn't she. To think the little cub had gone from being afraid to fly and teleport, to being able to do just that. She had met so many, and had even found a family, even if they were once related and she didn't realize it.

Maybe one day she would, once her memories of her past life were unlocked again.

For now, she enjoyed making these new memories, and learning from them.

She reached up to the feather charm she wore on her ear. It was Griffith's summoning charm, gifted to her. As she grew, the feather seemed to shrink in size in comparison to her. "I will always have this though, we will never be too far away, right?" Nara asked with a small smile, and a purr.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 pm
Griffith shifted, moving to sit closer to his daughter. His smile was warm, that familiar reassuring fatherly look in his eyes. He affectionately nudged his head against hers, purring softly. At least she had not yet outgrown his hugs as some of his other children had.

"Of course. No matter how far you go, no matter how big you get, I will always be here for you."

The god was conscious of the charm he kept himself, the one Nara had made for hm from a tuft of her tail in what seemed so long ago now. He had held it close ever since that day, safely tucked inside one of his gauntlets.

"I will always answer when you call me."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:38 am
Amon Larethian

Nara's eyes lit up at his words.

She tilted her head, backing up from the male she had begun to call her father. "What will you do? Where would you go?" Nara questioned.

In truth, she was asking her own self that. Should she head back to the Stormborn lands, face her past? Should she travel elsewhere, and start a new future? She had so much she needed to learn, and while staying with Griffith she had learned a lot, there was some things that needed to be taught by herself. She couldn't use the older male to get her through every situation, even if she wanted.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 pm
Griffith smiled at his daughter, a shrug as he rose to sit on his haunches.

"I will find my way, just as you will find yours."

The god had not thought of what he would do when his little one was grown, when the day came that she would leave him to find her own path. Now that that day had come, he still was not certain of what he would do with himself. Perhaps he would look in on his older children, surely they had not outgrown a visit from their father.

"I will miss you, my little one. Though you are grown and no longer little. Do not be afraid to call me. Though our paths may part for now, they can always bring us back together. We can meet again whenever you wish."

His words were warm and kind, a reassurance in his tone. But was that tone meant to reassure his daughter or himself? Perhaps both.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:07 am
Amon Larethian

"I will miss you too," Nara said softly, rising to her hind legs as her paws stretched out to embrace Griffith. "I will call you if I ever need you. Thank you for everything," she murmured quietly, paws wrapping around his neck as she tightened her grip slightly before releasing.

"This is just a...see you later." She gave the god of balance a warm smile. If you would have asked her when she was younger if she would have thought she'd find family, she would just laugh. But now, here she was, standing in front of the being she called father.

Her adolescent form was slow to morph into her avian state, as the eagle glanced up towards the now much larger god. His feather appearing as a clipped on charm near the base of her wing.

"Bye, dad~" Nara cooed, taking flight, circling the god as she soared off towards the horizon.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 pm
The god of balance sighed quietly to himself, his eyes closed, paws wrapping around his daughter in the warmest fatherly embrace. If he could have, he would have held her there forever, keeping her safe in his embrace. But he could not, and though it took all of his willpower, he knew he had to let go.

"Take care of yourself, Nara."

He smiled warmly, a last affectionate nuzzle, a quiet purr before he released her, stepping back to let her go. A bittersweet pride in his gaze, Griffith watched his daughter as she transformed, his gaze remaining fixed on his little one as she flew away. He would continue to watch after she was gone, even though he could no longer see her and he found himself alone again.

Goodbye my little one, do not forget me.

It was not until she was long gone that Griffith spread his own wings, taking to the sky on his own path, wherever it may lead him.

KasaiLoki
end

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out