[PRP] It's time we officially met

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:22 am
Even though his first outing hadn't gone the way reavers would normally brag about, Aldan returned to the lands of his (semi)birth with a new rank. Freeborn no longer, the young, now reaver, walked through the lands. He was scratched up from his encounter in the rogue land, but nothing that seemed would permanently scar.

His party members on the other hand... He was sure Ciro ended with a new scar or two, and poor Ayanga had something that just wouldn't stop oozing. Runa was unscathed too, so perhaps she was a lucky one.

When the male had returned, he was greeted by his half sister, who wore a smile on her face. "Father requests you at the den," She said in a sing song voice. Aldan quirked an eyebrow at the statement, but ultimately shrugged it off. He nodded though, and Valkyrie bounced off.

He hadn't been home for more than a day and already being requested? He was curious as to why.

Aldan headed to the den, ready to see just what his father had to say.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:50 am
As the palest of Vidar's sons came upon the den, he would find that it was not his father that was awaiting him but, instead, someone he had not seen in a very, very long time.

The goddess was not ashamed of who she was or her presence among the Stormborn and, besides that, didn't have the energy to hold a glamour over herself. Even trying to do so was likely going to drain energy she sorely needed to heal herself instead. Thus, she sat, calm and still a little worse for wear, at the mouth of the den. Little of her was clearly visible lest one got close; her wings were tucked neatly against her side and her feathered tails splayed behind her, all doused in the shadows inside the mouth of the entrance.

As he neared her, however, she leaned forward so her brilliant eyes, his eyes, caught the light. The gem that protruded from her forehead gleamed with the shift in her posture and a smile spread itself visibly within her fiery mask.

"Aldan," she said gently, unable to contain the warmth in her tone as he came toward her, "I was wondering when you would be home."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:45 pm
Felyn

Any tiredness that Aldan was originally feeling seemed to fade away when the crimson lioness...no...goddess emerged from the shadows. His jaw seemed to drop in slow motion as she spoke, his dark eyes blinking slowly.

"...Mom...? The newly instated reaver said softly, giving the goddess an almost questioning look. He hadn't seen her in so long...this was her, right?

He could see where he got the wings from. He almost smiled as he took in her beauty before he focused back to her. He couldn't help but now look around her, half-expecting to see his father emerge from the darkness too. When he didn't see his father, he looked back towards the goddess.

"What...What are you doing here?" He asked in wonderment. It wasn't every day he saw her after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:16 pm
"That," she said around an awkward expression of amusement, "is.. a rather long story. The short of it is that your brothers convinced your father to come find me when I was knocking upon Death's door. Lucky for me, Death has been quite busy lately."

Her joke made her smile even though she knew her sons (and lover) had been quite worried for her. Immortals did have an odd view on the world; even if she'd died, she likely would have just been born again. Of course, she was glad she hadn't - a rebirth would have meant never meeting Aldan or Kafele or her other children. As she watched him draw nearer, she knew it would have been a shame to leave him behind without at least one last chance to speak with her.

"You look tired, my heart," she said gently, settling in at last and lowering herself to her belly. Though she looked and felt better, she still felt the weariness in her bones. "Is everything alright?"

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:41 pm
Felyn

Aldan couldn't help but give a dumbfounded look at the goddess's statement. "Wait...Why....Why were you knocking on death's door? What...What is going on?" Aldan frowned. Death had been busy? His head couldn't help but tilt slightly as his jaw dropped a bit.

Her smile though caused him to blink. Was it a...joke? Aldan was confused.

"Oh...um...I just....I just got back from my first mission outside the pride...and, according to my captain it...didn't go as planned..." Apparently being knocked out by some unknown assailants wasn't a typical viking raid. The joys of the famine leaving the pride with slim pickings for viable members.

"But um...Yeah...I guess I am just tired from it." He explained quietly, still reeling the fact that his mother was standing right before him. He was dreaming, right?

Surely he was.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:29 pm
Despite the conversation and the rather serious nature of what he was saying and asking, Na'ira still felt her heart full to bursting. All of her children were so similar and yet, somehow, still very different; she wanted to wrap him in her wings and hold him close to her so that he might rest but he seemed dumbfounded in a way that made her think he might need more solitude than either of the other boys. War and battle were often memories that required someone to work through them alone.

"Don't trouble yourself too much," she said gently, "I'm here and well. The reason I had to leave you with your father is the same thing that nearly got me killed; in hindsight, at least now I know I was right. You're all safe and strong, Vidar has done well by you all."

She smiled but sighed, knowing that he was telling her only a little bit of what had happened. It was fair enough, she supposed, she'd done nothing to earn his trust or his confidence. She lowered herself to her belly and tucked her wings against her sides, finding that her leg still ached with too much pressure; she would not be leaving just yet.

"But you should know that war is hard to plan, Aldan. Small or large, something almost always goes awry. Even your proud vikings here have to learn that eventually, best that you were taught that lesson in the beginning, I think."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm
Felyn

Aldan could only nod as his mother spoke. If she told him not to worry...Okay. He wouldn't. Or, at least he wouldn't right now. The male approached the winged female, finding the lingering scent of her nearby bringing back memories that he thought were completely gone. That moment he had spent with her as a baby. The familiarity. It was all there.

Aldan let out a small purr, nuzzling into the deep red fur, in taking her scent once more, vowing to never forget it again. He was older, his mental capacity much larger. He didn't think that would ever happen again.

"That's what I have heard," he said softly, rubbing his growing mane against her, lowering himself to rest next to her as she lay.

"I have missed you..." He said quietly, finally stopping his nuzzling actions, and resting his head. "How...how long will you be staying?" How much time did Aldan have to catch up with his mother? What stories could he prioritize, what stories could he hear of hers?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:13 pm
"I have missed you more," she whispered, leaning back against the weight of him as he nuzzled against her thick, ruby fur. It made the smile on her face widen and her eyes lull; there was no better peace to be found than being with her children. She was lucky she had survived long enough to come home to them.

As he settled next to her body, she shifted her wings and let one drape across him, covering his cool tones with the warm, fiery tufts of her feathers. He was bigger now, stronger, but it did not change that he was still her cub. Brave and strong as he might be, he was still nothing compared to her immortal prowess and she would be protective and worried until time took him and his siblings from her. That was always the worst part of families made with mortals, they could not stay with her forever.

"For some time yet, I think. Your brother has done a good job helping me get back on my feet but it is safe here, hidden in the caves beneath the storm. I'm not strong enough to face what kind of fury might await me out there."

It was a blunt answer but her smile never faltered; life and duty simply were to her.

"So do not fret over me just yet, hm?"

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Felyn
Last for me. Sorry for the delay ;;

Oh, his brother was helping her? He wished he hadn't gone out on the viking then, perhaps he could've also assisted. It would have at least meant a little bit more time to spend with his mother, not knowing how long she would truly be here.

His head turned, eyeing her at the blunt comment. He wanted to asked what fury was out there, but couldn't bring him to say anything. Instead, he let out a small sigh, resting against her as he nodded.

"You are strong. I wouldn't be the lion I am today if it wasn't for your strength and the strength of my father."

The question remained for Aldan reeling in his mind however as he relaxed with his mother next to him. What could have him fret for his mother? The lingering question would gnaw at his mind, well into his future.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:23 pm
Na'ira smiled, for the words he spoke were ones she knew to be true. Her blood was strong but there were reasons she had spent that night so long ago with his father, the charming Captain of the Viking horde.

"Your father is a great lion, Aldan," she said gently, letting her head lower down to her paws so that she could rest next to him. She was tired even for all that she looked better. "He has done the best job in raising you in my absence that I could have ever hoped for. I know one day, with all of his guidance, you'll do great things."

Then, with a smile, she bumped her head softly against his shoulder.

"For now just lay here a while and let me pretend that you aren't too big to cuddle with your mother, hm?"

Because one day he would be but today was not that day.

KasaiLoki
No worries dear, fin for us !

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out