Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Not so positive today (Pemota x Usiri'njozi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Pemota was not feeling his domain at the moment it was hard to feel positive emotions when you were stuck in the mortal plane and he wasn't really sure what else what was going on. He hadn't been able to get back into the gods haven in a long time and he was just wandering the rogue lands uncertain where he should go. Pemota let out a deep sigh he hadn't had much cause to visit the mortal plane till all the gods were kicked out and he hadn't had much chance to track down any of the other gods to ask what was going on and why they couldn't go home. Normally Pemota was a ball of happiness and nothing could rain on his parade but getting used to the idea of being in the mortal lands was a bit disconcerting. He had never really talked to mortals before, what was he to say, should he hide his wings? He was bigger than a normal lion in any case. His shoulders slumped he just wasn't in his right mind at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:48 am
User Image

Usiri'njozi yawned, stretching luxuriously. Although his awakening had been a rather rude one, when the stormborn had been in the midst of a famine, he was finding he was quite enjoying being awake again - if only because being so made him appreciate his sleep that much more.

It probably helped that he'd run across others since doing so, and the encounters had been surprisingly pleasant...and had required no additional exertion on his part. He supposed, had the unrest caused by the famine not worked itself out that he may have felt differently about his return to the mortal realm...but he wasn't overly inclined to spend a lot of time wondering about "what if" scenarios.

It was in this frame of mind that he caught a glimpse of another god, looking rather...forlorn. Hmmm. To approach him, or continue on his way?

Pondering his options for a moment longer, Usiri finally made his presence known - he rather enjoyed meeting others, as long as they didn't ask for any favors that required some large degree of effort, that is. "Things aren't that bad, surely?" He called out, taking in the other's rather dejected pose.

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 pm
Vashtya

Pemota cocked his eyebrow as he looked at the other god "Do you enjoy hanging around the mortal world, with mortals that don't like you? Have you missed the sinkholes and strange weather everywhere? I don't know about you but I'm not a god of sinkholes or weather so it's annoying that mortals are blaming me for things I can't control." He yawned not because the god before him, just because he hadn't gotten much sleep lately which was likely part of why he was cranky in the first place. He sighed out when he lived in haven Pemota was never unhappy he wasn't sure he cared for this mortal world. What good was it to him, why was he stuck here. What the heck were the other gods doing and why??  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:23 pm
Usiri barely refrained from rolling his eyes. What was this god's domain...adolescent drama? However, saying so was likely to provoke an argument, and the god of sleep wasn't inclined to exert the effort required to potentially deal with that.

"Mortal realm or god's haven, I haven't ever found much fault with either." He replied easily, raising an eyebrow of his own. Well, as long as large-scale restless slumbers weren't waking him up from his rest, he hadn't found fault.

And then he shrugged. "And while mortals can be entertaining, I've ner particularly cared much as to whether they like me or not." The statement was stark, and punctuated by a large yawn. "Their lives are short, and have so little impact, for the most part - why would I spend my days worrying about something so inconsequential?"

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Vashtya

Pemota considered what the other god said they had a good point and being in a bad mood really wasn't his thing, he wasn't sure why he was so bent out of shape but he liked home it was his happy place. He wasn't the god of change is easy. He frowned "I'm not crazy about negative emotions being pointed at me, then again if you don't toss positive emotions at someone your not likely to get positive emotions back in return." He mused. Pemota chuckled "Yea I guess you have a point there, but I would like to see some more positive emotions going on in their little spark of life. Looks like the pride land is not that spot through the mortal was big time pissed off that I was even breathing." He shrugged his large shoulders and then said: "I'm Pemota god of positive emotions, I haven't been feeling myself since getting kicked out of haven.. do you know what happened?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm
Usiri was...more than a little surprised (pleasantly) at how the other god responded. For someone who'd seemed almost...aggressively upset, he'd responded more reasonably than Usiri had anticipated.

He made a noncommital noise in response to Pemota's musing, having little to offer on that particular topic. "They seem to be creatures of...extremes." he offered with a slight smile. "Whether it's extreme joy, or sorrow, or anger, they don't do anything in half measures." Inclining his head at Pemota's introduction, his voice was lazy, although he did respond in kind. "Usiri'njozi - and sleep is my domain."

At least the other male's realm gave some explanation as to why he was so fixed on the emltional state of mortals - Usiri remembered all too well the vague sense of discomfort that he'd felt when large numbers of mortals were all struggling to find restful slumber. "I haven't been to the haven in...a very long time." He replied, some time later. "So unfortunately, I know as little as you do as to why you were removed from it - you aren't the first I've met to mention it, however..."

He rather hoped he ran into someone who did have some idea as to what was happening up there, as curiosity, more so than concern, had captured his attention.

"Is this your first time down here among mortals, in this lifetime?"

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:29 pm
Vashtya

Pemota smiled it felt like the first smile he had on his face since he had landed on the mortal world. "Nice to meet you Usiri'njozi, yea I never really thought about coming to the mortal world before, so I stayed in haven. It was really confusing to land in a place I don't know anything about, I'm trying to get my head on straight so things make sense again." He sighed "I think some of our kind are or were attacking the pride land, can't imagine why the mortal would have been so angry at the gods otherwise." He shrugged his large shoulders. "I guess the only way to find out what is going on is to keep going till I find someone who knows what is going on."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:46 am
"I can imagine that would be somewhat jarring." Usiri rumbled. He'd been born in the mortal realm, and while he had certainly visited the Haven before, he'd never felt compelled to remain for any length of time.

"It wouldn't be the first time that there was...friction between mortal and divine." He said after a moment, mentally shrugging. If he were honest, sometimes mortals almost seemed to go out of their way to provoke immortals. He'd never personally cursed any of them, but could certainly understand the temptation. "And some of them seem to blame our kind for everything that goes wrong, whether it's justified or not."

Turning his attention back to the topic at hand, he nodded slowly. "I've run into a few who have been confused by thr state of the Haven, but none yet who seem to actually know what's going on up there." He hesitated "But someone has to have an idea, so I hope you're able to find out, if that's your goal."

He was more than a little curious himself, especially with the signs that whatever ot was might be bleeding into the mortal realm...he just wasn't sure that his curiosity about it outweighed his laziness.

"How long has it been since you were ejected from the haven?" He finally found himself asking, the words pulled from him (almost unwillingy) by his insatiable curiosity.

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:23 pm
Vashtya

Pemota nodded yea it had been jarring but that didn't really need to be said again so he moved on. Perhaps he had been selfish hiding in Haven all this time not caring about the plights of mortals of their positive emotions, which wasn't him doing his job if they really had jobs, since as Usiri had said mortals seemed to think the gods controlled everything. Pemota certainly didn't go around causing every positive emotion the mortals felt or denying it to them. That would have been way to much work. He chuckled "Yea I'm sure you are not the sand lion for all the lions in the world, nor do I control the positive emotions of them all." Pemota thought about it "I guess a few weeks? Unless it's been days I never really thought much about time before."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:36 pm
"Exactly." he replied, nodding as he did so. "It's easy for them, to forget that while we have...a certain amount of influence over our domains, we don't, as a rule, exert it over it for every living being-we'd be a lot less idle, if we did." this last was said with a lazy grin.

"I tend to only notice it in a...passing fashion." Usiri admitted, grinning conspiratorily. Weeks of the haven being inaccessible was longer than he would have guessed - he knew he'd heard about it from multiple sources, but he'd assumed it was a more recent development.

"Have you found anything you prefer about this realm, over the haven?"

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:05 am
Vashtya

Pemota shrugged his shoulders and then said "Besides you nothing so far, but you are from haven so I'm not sure if that counts."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:10 am
Usiri couldn't help it, he laughed outright, delighted by that response. "Technically, I believe I was born in the mortal realm, although it has been long enough that that...may not be the case" he finally rumbled, when his laughter had subsided. "Your words are kind, though, and for that, thank you." he grinned toothily, still entertained.

"I'm sure once you get used to it, you'll find it's not so bad - change happens rapidly, which can be exhausting, but I find I'm always curious to see what is going to happen, and mortals often manage to surprise me."

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:09 pm
Vashtya

Pemota shrugged he didn't really think about gods being born in the mortal realm unless they had been a mortal before they had been a god. He didn't have an issue with mortals becoming gods, or really with mortals in general. "I prefer positive emotions to negative ones they do feel much better on the heart." He said with a grin. Meeting Usiri had really been a nice encounter. "I will have to keep my eyes open and see what these mortals do." He said with a chuckle.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:07 pm
"I think it's fair to say that most mortals prefer being in more positive moods, as well..." he trailed off, a smile still toying with the corners of his mouth. "Hopefully you're able to find some mortals to show you those more upbeat times soon, then."

At Pemota's chuckle, he nodded in agreement. "If you take your eyes off of them for more than a moment, they can get into all sorts of...chaos." he said, only half joking. "And on that note, perhaps I should leave you to it..."

It wasn't that he was trying to be rude, but the sun was starting to set, and if there was anything that Usiri was consistent with, it was leaving plenty of time for sleep.

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas