[PRP] It's okay to be Blue [Aspalath, Aramath and Riders]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:50 pm
Aspalath lay within a sunny spot in the weyrbowl, the nearby tree dappling the autumn suns light across his dark blue hide. Like all his siblings he was growing, and though they just about squeezed into brackets at night with their riders. Attempting to do the same in the much more restricted classrooms was an impossibility now. He was the same size as a average runner beast, his metallic siblings were larger again. Therefore he had been banished from his riders side, much to his displeasure. While Erastan sat in the classroom studying more maps and call back points for traveling between all over pern. Aspalath just had to wait.

He was also expected to interact and 'play' with the other growing dragons from his clutch but that was still too overwhelming for the blue. As it was he had to focus hard to keep himself from jumping at every other sound and bolting for shelter. Instead he had adopted the napping strategy, if it looked like he was sleeping, others were less likely to bother him. His head was up but his eyes were closed and his claws were tucked neatly and feline like under his chest.

Occasionally he reached out to touch the mind of his rider, but he was mostly focused on his lesson and the loyal blue had no wish to disturb him, so he just waited, and pretended to sleep.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:56 am
Not far away, there was another young blue who also disliked being separated from his rider. Aramath, already longer and bulkier than some of their brown siblings, had been playing games with the others. He was having fun until someone cheated. The blue had tried to defend the victim, but was met with snarky retorts that quickly caused his teeth to show and his eyes to redden. From where he sat in the classroom, Silviu had felt the blue’s anger and urged him to walk away before it got bad enough that he’d have to walk out of the lesson to intervene. Aramath hated to let injustice prevail, but also hated embarrassing his rider. He tore himself away and wandered across the bowl, huffing and snorting every time his thoughts went back to the confrontation.

He spotted Aspalath napping in what looked like a comfortable spot and went over, softly brushing his brother’s mind with a mental greeting so as to not startle him. He then settled down in a sunny patch of his own, trying to listen in on his rider’s lesson to distract himself. It was mostly visual so he didn’t get much out of it, but it helped a bit.

Sinders Path

Teiha

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 am
Teiha

As gentle and respectful as Aramath was Aspalath still spooked at the mental touch, his eyes shot open at the initial contact and he flinched away from the older larger blue's approaching form. He really could not help it, it was an automatic reaction like a deer hearing a rustle in the wood. Aspalath was of a decent length and height for a blue his age but he was a svelte creature, delicately built with not an inch of extra fat over his growing musculature. But Aramath was older than him anyway by at least half a turn so it was not surprising he was double the younger blue's size .

It was a fact Aspalath was was quick to make note of.

For a moment Aspalath considered just bolting from the scene but the thought struck him that might well cause his fellow weyrling to chase him and the mental image alone was enough to set the young tea blue's heart racing. Instead he curled his limbs even tighter to his frame and lowered his head. Cowed and submissive.

I'm sorry, I did not realise anyone else was interested in this spot. It was selfish of me to take up one of the sunniest spots in the bowel for so long. The words 'so please don't hurt me' were not spoken aloud by the skittish young dragon but it was easy enough to hear them in his tone anyway. Still keeping low to the ground, making himself even smaller and none threatening he tried to raise his body high enough to creep away to another secluded spot.

Aspalath, are you okay? Erastan sounded worried.

It's okay, I was just startled by another dragon. Please do not leave your lesson Erastan.

Erastan frowned, still concerned. 'Are you sure? I can catch up.'

I am sure, I would not want Liat to be angry with us again.

Erastan sighed but settled at that remark, he didn't want that either.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games