Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:18 pm
M'nr liked to think they were settling in well enough. Though it had not been perhaps the best long term solution to the dividing of the children - it had also not been an ideal situation from the start. Perhaps he could have given Pavari more guidance from a place of experience, but what was done was done. He'd received about as much judgement as he'd expected for his part in the entire beach fiasco - less than, actually, found home in a wing, and....was working at making High Reaches his home.

Six months, and the young ones were almost ready to fly like champions. It was something Cordrath was both very proud of - and very worried about. I've never been a father in Threadfall, before, he reminded his lifemate on a near daily basis if M'nr ever dared think that he should have perhaps been a bit more prepared. He'd done it all before and perhaps that would take the edge off of it.

Just like an afternoon at the lake to wash off Cordrath and take things a little easy would hopefully do the same for him. Threadfall was now as far behind them as it was ahead of them, so as relief faded into worried anticipation, a little something to ease the mind would do some good. "Look at you! You'll be even more handsome by the time I'm done with you, hmm?" his voice was booming and jovial, full of the warmth that the man had at least placed before him in reputation. Cordrath bugled brightly in answer, and to those who had never had a dragon perhaps they were an entertaining spectacle - a half-scrubbed dragon and a rider with his pants rolled up and his shirt off as he worked to finish the partially completed task.

It just took a while longer when there was so much to clean!

faesinger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:24 pm
Ahlalei and Kalikath were having a lively debate as they walked down to the lake for a bath. The only outward signs of this debate were Ahlalei’s facial expressions and hand gestures around the bucket of soap and rags. It was likely a normal sight around the Weyr, dragonriders and dragons talking without actually talking. It did make for a very quiet approach to the lake.

You should think about it at least. Who knows what you might find out. Kalikath insisted. Ahlalei pouted. But there is no one interesting enough.

The bronze and his rider were not difficult to spot. It was a pair that was very new to the Weyr in Ahlalei’s opinion and one they had never interacted with before. But she wasn’t going to leave and come back. So she hoped that they wouldn’t mind some company. “Hello there!” She called as Kalikath greeted Cordrath with a simple, Greetings.

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:29 pm
I will have to go see Susurinth once I gleam as you so claim, Cordrath said decisively, already reaching out to inform the gold across the ocean of what antics he was up to - and offering longing poetic thoughts. He was wound up in those at least until his rider was called out for.

Company would never be turned away by M'nr at least, who returned the greeting with a booming and enthusiastic, "Hello!" He was all smiles, despite not being certain of who the pair was. It was a truth about most of High Reaches for the pair by now. Cordrath rumbled pleasantly at Kalikath, shifting his weight delicately as to not toss his rider overboard. Greetings. Have you come to wash up as well? he inquired, already moving to keep from blocking any path that the pair may have wished to enter the water by.

There was no shyness to be found between the two of them.

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:00 am
Ahlalei couldn’t help but smile wider at the enthusiasm and smiles greeting her. Kalikath stepped ahead of her and began to move carefully into the water. I have. It is that time again. He wasn’t meaning to be short. It was more that this was both a stranger that didn’t need to know his every thought and this was an older dragon that would understand the cyclical nature of things. Once Kalikath was past the point where he would upset the other rider with waves, he dove into the lake for a moment to get the first layer of dirt off.

“I don’t believe we have officially met.” Ahlalei might have been introduced at some point to the pair when they first arrived. That didn’t mean either of the pairs remembered. “I am Ahlalei of brown Kalikath.” She could have continued with ‘and you are M’nr of bronze Cordrath’ but that would have been terribly rude.’ “I hope you don’t mind some company. Bath time is an extensive process and really shouldn’t be put off.”

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:00 pm
Cordrath stretched out one wing to keep from knocking about as the water shifted in order to keep his rider from being thrown off balance. There was no alarm to be had, as they'd both well known they were being joined, and how were they to demand any dragon command the waves? The bronze simply seemed amused instead, thrumming at the brown's silence. It was an easy enough chore when kept up on, and it had certainly become easier to do so once they'd settled in to their new home.

Ahlalei's greeting was met with an almost theatrical sweeping bow - perhaps more for effect, given the slight distance when he was standing up on quite the specimen of a bronze. "A pleasure, Miss Ahlalei! I am M'nr of bronze Cordrath," he greeted, voice just as booming as his greeting had been. Whether that was a default behavior or something being put on along with the bow. "I don't mind the company at all! Cordrath and I have been so lacking in good company for some time now - there's no need to keep it going!"

faesinger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:14 pm
Ahlalei put the bucket of supplies down and gave a playful curtsy to the man. “Well that is terrible news that you have been lacking in good company.” She told him gravely. Perking up she continued, “luckily for you, We are excellent company. Well, at least I am. Even when bathing this big guy.” She gestured to the returning Kalikath. The dragon settled on the edge of the lake patiently and watched with amusement. He remained silent though. She shrugged out of her jacket leaving her only in a lightweight top and pants that could withstand a soaking. “How are you finding our humble Weyr?”

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am
If M'nr had been frank, he would have pointed out it was very much his own fault for wandering that he and Cordrath had no long term connections at most of the Weyrs. Certainly, he'd made good friends at the Halls and Holds the pair had visited, but those didn't serve him as well in High Reaches. Well, they could, but they hadn't yet.

"It's good! Though I'm sure I say that since our particular brand of new face had a certain level of welcome to it!" he pat Cordrath's neck as he spoke, very aware that the glimmer of his lifemate's hide had given them certain advantages - ones he'd played to over turns and turns. "We're still getting up to snuff on the drills, but we both come back a little less battered every time," and for that, he was proud. "Is your Kalikath a High Reaches born or do you come from elsewhere with him like we have?"

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:40 pm
“Any face would be welcome provided they behaved and followed the rules.” Was the cheerful response. “Though, I suppose that Cordrath being shiny might have helped a little.” She grinned impishly as she waded into the water. Kalikath extended a leg and she was up on his back in a quick movement. “Don’t tell your wingleader that!” She admonished. “He will simply make things more difficult so you start coming back more battered.” Smile she looked over at M’nr. “At least, that is what mine would do.” This was said with a shake of the head.

“We are natives to High Reaches. Kalikath here is at least. I’m from the Hold. Never considered going anywhere else either. It is hard work here, but it works well. What is it like to move around so much?” She had always been slightly curious why someone chose to not have a home.

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:00 pm
"Maybe a little! But loyalty is a small price considering the alternative," M'nr patted Cordrath's neck, rubbing it affectionately as he danced around the implication that had High Reaches and Western not come, an entire clutch of baby dragons could have been lost. I would have brought entire holds of children if they had not, Cordrath said fiercely, though he was in no way sensitive to Search. Good thing such drastic measures were not needed, M'nr reminded soothingly, settling his lifemate some.

High Reaches had its reputation for being traditional - most Weyrs were, really - and that a woman on a very non-traditional dragon choosing to thrive in such a place was refreshing. "Mmm, traveling is nice, but it wasn't entirely out of selfish reasons," there were plenty of selfish reasons he'd remained out in the open for as long as they had, however. "It was full of instability and a lot of strangers I'd like to say became friends over time and places I would like to go see again. Seeing who is out there makes it easier for us to be here."

Faesinger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:58 am
“Respectable Weyrs would never let that happen.” Ahlalei replied fiercely. Was she implying that Fort was not a respectable Weyr? Or was it that High Reaches was? Maybe a little of both.Had we not had the children, we would have helped bring a hold’s worth. Kalikath assured Cordrath, echoing what the bronze dragon had said to his rider.

Ahlalei’s curiosity was peaked by M’nr’s explanation. “Oh? What unselfish reasons were they? I have always been curious what inspired dragonriders to strike out on their own. Dragons are such social creatures.” She scrubbed a particularly stubborn spot on Kalikath’s neck. “Maybe you can visit those friends soon.”

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:34 pm
Such assurances were answered with a broad smile. "Of course," he agreed, though he did wonder privately how many had thought it would be better if Cordrath and Susurinth had learned their lesson and not had their clutch rescued so. It was only for a moment, and he tucked it away before Cordrath could be riled too strongly by the notion. Ah, but the candidates were enough. For that, I am grateful, still, he found himself grateful to know such a sentiment was shared.

"He is a very social creature! We went to many halls and holds and met many people who had never had a chance to be up close with dragons - especially his size. The calm before Threadfall has a way of bringing a certain unease about our kind. So I served to alleviate some of that. At least, at first. After a while, there was no reason to stay in Benden for long periods of time."

faesinger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 pm
Ahlalei had never thought about dragons in that way. High Reaches had always know that Thread was coming back, just not when, so her view was…skewed?…from other places? “What did they think of Cordrath?” She asked curious. “I hear stories of people that are scared of them. Does that actually happen?” The woman scrambled around to get at a wing and start scrubbing. “Kalikath would be a terrible ambassador for dragons. More like a statue.” She commented as she had to encourage the wing upwards. For that comment Kalikath helped even less.

Kalikath was regarding Cordrath thoughtfully. Do you miss not being tied down? Kalikath wasn’t interested in leaving, but like his rider, was curious what made a dragonrider and dragon leave a Weyr.

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm
It was funny to think of the response as fear - that quiet respect that was offered to a creature that most didn't realize would - could - do them no harm. All it took was a deep rumble, a baleful look, and there were truly few problems. "It does. Even told that a dragon will not purposely do harm to them, they are large with sharp claws and teeth. It is something to be feared, even if irrationally," M'nr used his brush to scrub along Cordrath's neck as he spoke, the bronze leaning his head back to assist in his washing.

Kalikath's inquiry had a fortunately simple answer; I miss Susurinth and my children at other Weyrs. I miss the general atmosphere that was granted by a threat of death not lingering above us all. But I was born to fight Thread and now that it is here, I do not shirk that responsibility. But perhaps the freedom our menace has taken from us to visit.

faesinger

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff