Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] All the Pretty Things (Anca x Jaeger)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:57 pm
Felyn
No land ever seemed to hold Anca's heart. Her mother had always told her it was her father's blood that drove her need to see the world - she had never known him and, strangely, the lack of his presence was not missed. She wandered but she was not lost and though she never felt satisfied, neither did she feel as if there was anything missing.

Life was simple and beautiful. That was enough for her.

The first stars were just beginning to p***k the sky over head as Anca stretched across the great, flat boulder. There was just enough heat left within it from a day's sunlight to warm her bones and the trickling brook that had drawn her was only a few paces away. Behind her was the treeline she meant to delve into in the morning - someone had told her somewhat about a pride that once lived within the heart of it. They were no more, but she was curious.

The azure lioness shut her eyes against the sky, dappled with brilliant oranges and golds and pinks, so that she could listen to the babbling water's song as it mixed with the first cries of the cicadas around her. Simple, beautiful and peaceful. The long walk was worth it for nights like these.

Ctrl F Greenie
Rumor had it that his family had blossomed into something far larger than he had anticipated. The lion hadn't seen his own kin in ages and that was quite fine by him. He prefered a warm den here and there, but nothing incredibly stable. Likely his one major fault, but he couldn't deny himself the simplest pleasure of life.

Simply put he had been set upon the savannah at birth to wander its entirety and enjoy.

Today was no different. With the sky a peaceful blue and the wind teasing his mane he had found himself walking slowly. With no destination in mind Jaeger was in no rush - there simply wasn't a need. His walk lead him to a collection of trees and even better, a babbling brook. The long walk had been tiring for him and so to find such a convenient place he was incredibly happy. "This is the life." He said with a content sigh and approached the brook.

Arriving at its edge he seated himself and lowered his head to its surface. The water jumped slightly and its cool touch startled him slightly. In the moment that he jumped slightly, shivered and finally took a moment to scan the area he spied a lioness. Her pelt was vibrant blue against the dark landscaping which was refreshing. She appeared just as comfortable as he felt and so he remained silent for a moment while leaning in to get himself a drink.

Felyn
It was that small feeling of being watched that alerted her to his presence - she felt it at the base of her skull like a flutter, setting her bright blue fur on end. It wasn't so peculiar. She felt that feeling often and, at times, there was no one even there. At least, nothing seen. Yet when her deep, ruby eyes opened this time, she knew that crawling feeling down her spine had been due to the male just paces away from her at the brook's edge.

He was as bright as her siblings, a scrawl of color on his pelt that did not seem altogether too strange by her standards. Nothing about him seemed threatening although she had once been told by her mother, after trusting a rogue near their den too readily, that not all those who posed danger would show it.

Even so, she had no strange feeling in her gut at the sight of them. It was hard to imagine any kind of danger here in this beautiful place, anyway. Surely he must have felt the peace it brought, too?

"Good evening stranger," she called, light and airy, though she did not move to crawl down from the flat of the boulder.

Ctrl F Greenie
"Good evening." He responded back casually so that he would imply there was no intentions of harm. The peace he felt here would be enough to calm any beast especially one that didn't need the extra push. "Enjoying the weather?" He offered lightly, but made no attempt to approach her. Middle of no where and approached by a decently sized male? That'd be enough to spook her, he was sure.

"It's a pleasantly calm night." He continued on with a small smile before growing silent and dipping his head for another quick drink. The brook was refreshing as it looked. Sparkling the way it did beneath the moonlight.

Felyn
"Yes, it's really been lovely all day." There was contentment in her voice as she spoke up again, both because her words rang true and because he clearly meant no harm to her. Apart from some pleasant smalltalk, naught about her night seemed apt to change anytime soon. "I daresay I am."

Anca laughed under her breath as she draped one whale-marked paw over the edge of the boulder, content to stare at him lazily from her perch.

"I could lie here forever if every night was like this. I thought it a wonder no one else had stopped by." After all, they couldn't have been the only two souls to have ever found their way to the babbling stream. "Probably just luck."

Ctrl F Greenie
Orange-hued eyes glanced over the pale blue lioness and smiled at each passing marking. The markings were intricate and well displayed - even by the lazing lioness. Her paw was what truly caught her eye, a fish of sorts appeared to be scrawled on it. "What delightful markings." He said casually, not ignoring her comments about the weather, but instead opting to answer with a nod.

"I had been thinking the same thing.. it seemed strange that I hadn't seen anyone else. Perhaps there is something wrong with this place that we just aren't privy too?" He teased lightly. It was unlikely the area had something wrong with it, but he partially wondered what the odds were of them being the only two to come across it.

He couldn't pull his eyes from the whale marking for long enough to try and consider another topic and so he decided to roll with it. "Have you ever visited the ocean?" He asked her with a warm, and inviting smile. He had never had trouble with ladies and this meeting of happenstance seemed to be going just as well.

Felyn
"Perhaps the water is poison," she teased, raising her brows with the suggestion to give her face an impish delight. A bell-like laugh followed it, though, making light of the idea immediately. She would have certainly been dead by now if it was and she did like to think her senses weren't so very dull.

"Mm?" The ruby eyes followed his gaze down to her paw and the marking that was scrawled there. She had learned the name of the creature from a gypsy her family had crossed in her adolescence, as well as the names for many of the creatures that marred her mother's patchwork form.

"Yes, once," she admitted, smiling back at him, unable to deny the contagious expression on his face. He wasn't at all threatening and she thought it would be nice to at least have some company to enjoy the little meadow. "I never did see one, though. I sat for hours in the sand waiting. Have you ever seen one?"

Ctrl F Greenie
The laughter echoed in his ears shortly after it had faded around him. Her laughter was contagious and he found himself chuckling right along with her.

His own gaze hadn't left the intricate markings on her paws and he couldn't help the smile that formed on his maw. "I've never seen one before. Simply heard rumors about them. Your markings make them look quite docile in comparison to what I heard they can be like." A wide eyed expression followed his statement. "They're really large too." He steadied himself a little bit and raised up onto his back paws to demonstrate, dramatically, the possible size of a whale.

"What do you know about them?" He prodded with an innocent question.

Felyn
The bright lioness was enrapt in his words, widening her own eyes as he suggested that they weren't quite as peaceful as the gentle figures on her forelegs. Then he stood up and made an impossibly bizarrre, dramatic motion, balancing on his hind legs with such care that the same laugh echoed again around them, though this time free and honest as he drew it out of her.

"Oh, not so much as you, apparently," the laugh died to a soft giggle behind her teeth but she was pushing herself up to sit properly atop her rock, watching him from the big of height it afforded her. He was pleasant enough company in such a wonderous place that she did not mind the interruption so terribly at all.

"My mother has many different creatures on her fur, not all of them she knew of." She twisted a bit so that she could expose her side to him, along with the sweeping swirls that had been her father's heritage. "See, here? She gave me butterflies, too."

Ctrl F Greenie
Prompting that same laugh he had heard earlier wasn't his goal, but it was a pleasant surprise as he demonstrated for her. Falling back to a seated position he relaxed a little with a yawn and a stretch that had him digging his claws into the ground. It was a satisfying feeling to be so comfortable. "Hey now." He smiled fondly at her and watched as she stood - so graceful - was what came to mind.

"More?" He didn't hide his surprise as she talked of her mothers pelt, just how crowded could one pelt be? He wondered this casually as she showed him her side. "Would you look at that!" He stood and wandered towards her to get a better look at the butterflies. "They are about as elegant as the lady that wears them." He spoke smoothly and didn't dare look away from the markings. "They almost look like they could fly right off of your pelt."

Bright eyes finally glanced upwards in her direction following his flattery.

Felyn
A heat rose in her face as he showered her in his delicate compliments, making her turn her eyes away shyly from his own as they flickered up to meet her gaze. It wasn't without a smile, however, and nothing about her demeanor suggested that his forwardness was unwelcome - she had, after all, noticed that he was quite the handsome male.

"Ah, I have always thought so too," she said gently, righting herself so that she could sit more properly again, every bit of her the delicate lady that her elegant fur suggested. "I think she gave me her most graceful looking creatures, she also has fish and hippos and crocodiles." The blue lioness was smiling brighter now as she willed herself to steel and met his gaze again. "We don't look terribly alike, I'd have to say. She says I take after my father, whoever he is."

She relaxed again, forcably, and lowered herself back down so that she could lay her belly on the rock again - it brought her gaze closer to his where he sat just below the flat boulder and her eyes hooded, charmed by his pleasant nature.

"Thank you, though. It is nice to meet a kind soul out here in the wilds."

Ctrl F Greenie
Darling. He thoughtfully admired her reactions to his compliments with a small smile of his own. Like they were sharing some kind of secrets with one another. Jaeger couldn't recall the last time he just sat and wooed a lady properly, nothing like the hasty time spent in the past, though it was all situational.

"Sounds like you came out a winner." He chuckled warmly as he imagined the other markings. "Though.. I think you could pull off a couple fish and a croc. It'd take seeing a hippo on you to confirm either way for that animal." He full on laughed at his own remark, but was sure she could likely pull off anything - if he were being honest.

"It has been nice." The admittance wasn't false, finding good company in the 'wild' didn't always end so well. "You don't mind if I stay here a while and maybe even nap?" He asked politely as she was here first after all.

Felyn
Anca's smile crinkled at the corners of her eyes as he bestowed layer upon layer of compliments on her. He was certainly a charmer, she would give him that much, but she was hard pressed to hold it against him - charm was among the kinder things she could expect to find out in the "wilds". Betimes she thought her own family was the only set of kind souls she was likely to encounter out beyond pride lands.

"I would not mind that at all, I certainly don't own this little haven," her tail flicked as her smile turned a touch impish, " and am never opposed to such delightful company."

As she spoke, she shifted sliding to the side of the large, flat rock face that she had been so comfortably preoccupying. It was warmed by the day's heat and her lazy sprawling, a comfortable thing for any lion.

"If you'd like, you can come sit up here with me while I stargaze. Maybe there's an animal in my fur I've never noticed, hm?" The words ended with a playful laugh as her tail tossed, flicking playfully behind her.

Ctrl F Greenie
I think this one just needs a wrap up post from you! <3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 am
The invitation was warm and inviting as her laughter was when she had finished speaking. "Challenge accepted." He replied boldly and took to approaching her. All the while he didn't dare to take his eyes off of her, she was a prize best kept watched as he was sure she might disappear at any given moment.

"Oh look, I'm seeing more already." He gave a playful wink as he hoisted himself up next to her and got cozy. Stargazing hadn't been on the agenda for him today, but it was now - the break was well earned and how could he pass up such an opportunity.

He'd call any lion crazy for turning away.

"Look there." He let his eyes leave her for a moment to participate in the gazing and was pleasantly surprised by what he saw. It was beautiful and his tone was probably akin to a young cubs. "This is lovely." He finished speaking at that moment, letting a peaceful silence fill the void between them.

Felyn

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out