Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[META-ORP] Night where it doesn't belong [Closed!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Aegnorhini rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Aegnorhini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:42 pm
From the 'War in Heaven' Prompt List
2. Just a nice, normal day! At least until it's suddenly not day anymore. It's as dark as night out here!

Most of the pride was asleep. It was only the day-shift awake of the Mori'osta and those aiding them. A few scattered Far and Jötunn and former Spirit Talkers who preferred the daylight hours to the dark of night. It was like any other day had been since they'd stopped to gather themselves and figure out their next steps.

And then it wasn't.

There was no great event to describe it. No strangeness before it happened, no sweep of wings or great roar or strange sights or sounds. One moment, it was a beautiful day, sky mostly clear and sun bright with a merry breeze. The next? It was night. No sunset, nothing. Just the moon in the sky, the stars twinkling, and the merry breeze continuing on its way.

The Aegnor'hini, Jötunn, and former Spirit Talkers have all seen their share of strange sights, but nothing like this.
----------------------------------------------------

OOC: This ORP is open to Aegnor'hini and rogues alike! I mean...the pride is 200-strong, someone is bound to notice! As a reminder, no one knows what's going on in Heaven, not even seers. As it is, the sudden change from day to night is of far more concern.

For every post in this ORP, you'll get a ticket for this lovely male! He is a blank slate, and can be entirely blank or, if you want to plot with Redbud-Tree, can be related to her Messenger of Death, Laana!
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:35 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Umarth usually looked forward to the changing of day into night. But that change was usually accompanied by a sunset. There had been no sunset. Nothing to herald the change. The Cor'osta's hackles went up, and she found herself nudging the Kiirar she'd been speaking with. "Cionaodh...you're seeing what I am, yes? I'm not hallucinating?" Because she was certainly not a seer, so there was no chance of it being a vision. By the confused noise from the male beside her, she wasn't alone.

"I...I have never seen anything like it! How is this...this isn't possible! There was no sunset! And sunset wasn't even due for a bit longer! We're only halfway through the daylight!" He shuddered, ears going back. "Something is wrong, Umarth. I don't know what, and I don't know how, but something is."

"I wish I had answers as to the 'what', Kiirar." Cio startled at the calm, quiet voice that spoke from behind him. Consonum walked up at his other side, curiously looking at the moon now hanging in the sky. "Before you ask, we seers will be of no aid. I've spoke with many of the others who See, and the most any of us get in regards to all the strangeness of late is...turmoil. Sometimes liquid fire, sometimes cold, wet darkness. But nothing concrete. Nothing of use." And despite the calm disposition she displayed, it was obvious that upset her in the twitch of her tail and the slight crease in her brows. Umarth frowned, ears back.

"...I'm going to go wake the Eska'shelerana. She needs to be made aware, and we need to keep anyone from panicking."

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
[img="60%]https://s26.postimg.cc/i85a51yt5/kusimamiautulivuadultcert.png[/img][img="60%]https://s26.postimg.cc/kcpn64l09/siochanacert_zps0c093e56.jpg[/img][img="35%"]https://s26.postimg.cc/n2jbipehl/Anayejua_C.png[/img] [Valya Cert TBA, Look in Sig for Godcubbin reference]

Siochana was watching. As she had been since they'd been forced to leave their lands, she was on the edge of things, her mismatched eyes on the sky, a low rumble in her chest. All of this was WRONG, it felt like their worlds were falling apart, and that things seemed to continue their strangeness troubled her. The worse was looking up and seeing day become night with no transition. Rising to her paw, she snarled in fear, hackles raising as she trotted closer to the group, rousting her father from his sleep. He needed sleep far more lately, she'd noticed, and his Visions had been particularly violent. Tuulivu was dear to her, and she would always look after her father with ardent devotion, "Father....You're going to want to see this."

It was a slow waking, his body slower than it had once had been, mane shaking out as he stretched. The wince from his scars was visible as he slowly stood up on to his paws, looking to the sky in confusion. Had it not been light a moment ago? Had there not been sun that they were sleeping under? "I see." His movements were deliberate as he walked to one of his sons, looking up and wondering, "Cionadh."

And then there was Anayejua. The Himy'ainur was laughing, dancing on her pawtips as soon as the night came in the middle of the day. The Seer was clearly far too delighted by the cool moonlight. Her cub pelts shifted, claws sifting through earth as she crooned her delight, "Yes....Oh yes, I love this."

To be honest, she probably shouldn't be wandering within the pride's group, since there were so many risks, even if she was a God. Valya was keeping her wings tucked tight to her back, hidden carefully from sight as glowing eyes watched the expressions from the LIons around her. They were all so UPSET, and she knew well that her brothers would be too. Their world was in CHAOS and while she might enjoy seeing how people responded and who stepped up, it was also a risk. Nonetheless, the young Goddess was curious, and thus out of her den, away from her mother...Who would answer?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
(Salga is suppressing his god-form, and just looks like an adolescent lion, with bling.)

It had been a perfectly normal day for the lioness on the rogue lands - she had spent most of it laying on a rock, and just enjoying the warmth and the sun during the evening glows. Being a white lioness, mostly, she had the luxury of being able to handle the daytime heat, so she relished it in when she could. It was her freedom to do so, but freedom meant that she suffered in other places.

She had been alone when the sun suddenly decided to quit early today, and the change had spooked her, safest to say. It was just suddenly dark, and the nighttime glows made her fur stand on edge in places, her eyes constantly turning up again, expecting the light to show up again. It wasn't like clouds, and it wasn't as if she had lost time - even though she lived by herself, she was still very good at keeping an eye on the shadows, when it was safe, and when she should find safety.

Seeing a large group starting to form nearer to the borders of a pride she had yet not made acquaintances to, (that she knew,) she bit the bullet and decided to take cover in their ranks, hoping that they would accept her until the hours decided to right themselves again.

"This . . . this doesn't happen often, right?" She called out to one that was close, slinking over carefully, tail low and as innocently as she could look, her eyes going from them to the sky. "The sun was out a few moments, then . . . it wasn't right?"

Was she losing her mind?

---

The sun disappearing so quickly was as weird to mortals, as it was the immortal - Salga, at least wasn't sure what had happened - and with Those That Be upstairs, he wasn't sure he'd be getting a fully understandable answer quite yet.

Not that he allowed to just knock on the door of the mountain and burst in, trying to barter inspiration from other of his kind for a lead, or a story to keep him over.

Huffing lightly, he quietly wandered towards the small growing group around him, hidden within the mortal fold, using his 'pretend' form, looking like a somewhat-lost adolescent that just happened on his way to finding a new home to scratch out. You know, like normal mortal adolescents do.

Except, all he wanted to do was listen to the stories and the possibilities - he thrived on that.

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

It was a nice morning as far as mornings were concerned and both Tania and Kuzaymah were enjoying the warmth of the sun. Reaching a paw out she carefully tugged on the fabric that hung around his neck.

Glaring at her he tugged it away from her grasp and got up. "Well, I'm going to go for a walk since you can't seem to leave well enough alone." The two of them were having an odd 'lovers' spat not that they were lovers of a sort. She wanted children, he didn't want the emotional connection so there they were.

Tana had wandered from her mother, uncertain of where she was exactly and sat watching the large number of lions hanging out in her area of the world. Coking her head to the left slightly she watched as a dark male with a pretty green scarf was walking towards her general direction. Curious to know more she approached him.

"Hello! What is your name? And what is that?" She pointed at the scarf.

Taken aback by the sudden appearance of the cub he looked around for a parent. "Khuza, a scarf. Where is your parents?"

"That's cool! I'm Tana and that's not important I think." She said looking at him.

Tania saw Khuza talking to something or someone and grew curious so she adult got up and moved in that general direction. Spotting the cub she beamed with delight! "Who do we have here?" Perhaps she could practice her mothering skills for a time.

Suddenly the sky changed to pitch black and it drew the stares of all three lions. "Where did the sun go?" Tana said looking at the adults for an answer.

"That is a very good question indeed."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:13 pm
Cio looked over to his father, frown still on his muzzle. "Father. This...this just happened. There was no sunset, no warning. It just...went dark." He was going to need to record this on a piece of wood later, to make sure it was remembered.

While Cio spoke with his father, Consonum's eye was caught by a small form that was half-familiar to her. She reached a paw out to stop the little godling from going too far. "Hello little sister. Try to be careful. This is a rather awkward time for a young one like yourself to be wandering about." And then there was an unfamiliar voice, one that belonged to someone wearing rather familiar markings. "No, this does not happen often. This is the first time I've ever known of such a thing occurring." She might have warned off a pale 'visitor' normally, but it wasn't hard to recognize markings shared with a couple of lines in the pride.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Nerpin

Wanwa'hnwma eyed the pale adolescent wandering about the edges of the pride, looking rather lost and far too close to her pridemates. She cleared her throat, raising a brow. "I would be cautious, young one, and turn away from here. Now. The sudden darkness of the sky is not the only darkness here, and this is your one warning." She was old Sparda-side, but even she had been on edge and less inclined to give outsiders more than one warning of late; being in the rogue lands had them all more guarded, their demons whispering louder with some. Wan's was no exception. "We are not fond of outsiders."

Nerpin

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

"Is it night already?" She had felt as though she had just woken up not that long ago so she was super confused right now by the sudden change in the time of day. She didn't feel tired either so she continued to stare at the adults for a moment, her dark pelt hiding her almost perfectly in the darkness.

"I don't think I've ever seen this happen except for once, but it wasn't like this." Having had witnessed an eclipse before this was truly something FAR different and the male was uncertain of what to make of it.

"Perhaps it's just some strange thing with the weather?" Tania offered as a suggestion but she had a feeling it was more than that. "Are you sure your parents aren't going to be worried about you?"

Looking towards the female she shook her head, "Nah, I'm pretty good at taking care of myself so my momma doesn't worry that much."

Das Tor
if you wanna move one of yours over to chat with em? :3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 am
[[This RP is still open until January 15th. It will then close!]]  

Aegnorhini

Aegnorhini generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Aegnorhini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 am
[[This RP is closed for entries. If you are looking for post counts so this can count towards breeding, Das Tor will be happy to help!]]

1. Nerpin
2. AstoriaFallen
3. AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:13 am
AstoriaFallen

The lovely boyo is yours! Remember that he is a pridal custom, and thus bound to the pride unless it disbands. He can be entirely blank slate, or you can talk to Redbud-Tree about him being related to her Messenger of Death, Laana! Colorist was Bluchalk/Skyflu, so once you post him for joining and he's accepted, he'll be posted for under Misc Colorists!

User Image

Aegnorhini

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces