[PRP] Danger afoot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:15 pm
Nara lost count on how many days had passed since she and Griffith had headed back towards the pride borders. During that time, they had veered off course slightly. Nara was enjoying spending more and more time with the god of balance, and in turn, she felt she was learning a lot from the other. She still wasn't flying, but it didn't mean she wasn't close! Occasionally she would try jumping off Griffith's head, flapping her wings to hover slightly, before landing slowly to the ground. There was no height about it, but more and more she was becoming confident in actually being off the ground.

Currently, the young godlet was attempting to do the same, but she wanted to try remaining in the air a little bit longer.

Climbing up to the top of Griff's head, the avian jumped off, flapping her wings with all her might in front of the other's face. However, instead of lift, she felt herself lowering back to the ground.

She frowned when she landed again. "I don't get itttt." She said. "Why don't I go up?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Griffith had been enjoying this time spent with little Nara, the young goddess he would always see as daughter even though she had been reborn. As each moment went on, he felt they drew closer, reforming that bond they had once had in her previous life, the bond he wished they had continued as she grew to adult. Maybe he was making up for lost time, cherishing the second chance he had been given.

The god smiled, watching his little one as she grew more confident, as she finally seemed to find her wings and a will to at least try to fly. Each attempt would be met with reassurance and encouragement. He knew she could do it, she only had to believe it herself.

"Try stretching your wings out as far as you can, and flap both together like this."

He outstretched his own wings, a single smooth and powerful beat to show her.

"You have to move both wings up and down at the same time."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 am
Amon Larethian

Nara would've growled if she wasn't in her current form.

She watched Griffith extend his wings, flapping them simultaneously to demonstrate.

She followed his instructions. Her wings were spread as far as they could. She flapped once, twice, three times. Although her movement was much too slow to allow any lift. With a sigh, the bird shook her head. "It is useless! Maybe you should just teach me how to teleport instead." Nara opted.

--

In the shadows, seafoam green eyes watched the god seemingly try to show a chick how to fly. His eyes narrowed as he smirked. Backing away, the male went to alert his traveling companions. While gods weren't their normal targets, having a kill under their belts would garner bragging rights until death.

They'd have to work smart though. Deities were strong, and Nahuatl doubted if they allowed even one mis-step they could still come out ahead. He would devise a plan fast, and put it to action. His crew was normally pretty good at following directions on the fly.

He'd be back shortly. And once that god was taken down, he'd have a new eagle chick to raise and do his bidding.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:51 pm
"Try flapping your wings a little faster and with more force. You could also try jumping for a boost."

There was a touch of sadness in his smile as he remembered the days when all of his children were small and learning to fly for the first time. Some had learned easier than others, Mora with her massive wings had seemed to fly from the moment she could walk. Judeau had also taken quickly to the skies, Van however had had a more difficult time. And now he was once again teaching his little girl to fly.

"Don't give up, you're doing great. You'll be flying any day now if you keep trying."

I believe in you, little one.

"I can teach you that too if you wish."

Teleporting was a little harder to explain. For most it just sort of...happened, it was more a matter of learning to control it.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:19 am
Amon Larethian

Nara made a small hmph sound. She didn't want to keep trying. She was barely succeeding in what she was doing now! Maybe she just needed a little break.

"I'll try later." She finally said, resigning to the fact she was not going to be flying right now. She had definitely improved over the course of the few days she spent with Griffith. She found herself moving to one of the god's big paws, stepping on it to rest.

"Tell me how!" She said excitedly. "I mean. I know I /can/ do it. I just don't know how I did it." She said with frown.

---

The lion had returned a few minutes later, still using the underbrush to hide his form. He had with him a few more beings, all in which he had quickly explained a plan to. First step was to incapacitate the god. The eagle chick with him was no concern to the traveling group, and if they had to take casualties up front, then its life would not be spare. It seemed there was some strange bond between the god and the eagle chick that Nahuatl might have been able to use as leverage if anything.

"Remember the plan." The brown lion stated quietly. "Keep him on the ground. Do not let him loose." Was his final whisper, as he nodded in the direction he wanted two of the troupe to go. The other two remained with him.

He wondered how well this would work.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:21 pm
"Take a breath and try again when you are not so frustrated."

Griffith titled his head, his gaze shifting upward to catch a glimpse of the small eaglet on his head. She was so close, he knew it, that first flight just a wingbeat away. A nod of his head, taking a break was perhaps a good idea, try again when she was rested and her mind was not so clouded by frustration and impatience.

"I believe you can do it, soon you'll be flying and nothing will ever hold you back."

He gave her a reassuring smile, pausing in his steps, his head lowered to nuzzle against his little one now perched on his paw.

Oh, teleporting, he should have known she would ask him to show her the moment he had mentioned it. She was young and wanted to learn everything now, he could not fault her for that. He was quiet for a moment, his head titled, searching for the right words to explain it.

"Well, you think about where you want to go, picture it your mind, and then--"

Hmm....how did he describe it?

Blue eyes narrowed, a twitch of his ears as if he sensed something, though what he could not quite put his paw on. A scent, the sound of movement around them, a change in the sound of creatures around them, this was not a good place to stop.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:15 pm
Amon Larethian

If Nara was in her lion form, she would probably had purred against the nuzzle. But birds don't purr, so she settled for happy little coos and whistles.

"Picture a place in my mind?" She thought of her old home in the stormborn lands. She thought of the den she shared with Anon, and Gaius sometimes intruding in there.

And then...

Her eyes peeked opened to glance at him. "And then...?" She asked, but noticed his eyes narrow. Her dark blue eyes glanced around for something that was unseen. Her sense of smell wasn't as keen in the avian form (although she would unlikely be able to scent intruders in her true form either). "What wrong?" She asked quietly, hopping off his foot to stare at him.

---

Nahuatl was about to motion for the group to attack as a whole, however, when he saw the dark blue male already hightail it from the bush, aiming directly for the eaglet chick, he growled in frustration.

NO. This was not how this was to go! Damnit Wimbi!

As the male sprung, so did the rest of his troupe. They were not attacking a group. It was four individuals aiming for the same targets. Nahuatl's plan had gone out the window.

He stayed put. The four idiots could give themselves away quickly, he would wait for the god to be more occupied before he struck.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:09 pm
The god's hackles were already up, a lash of his tail, his gaze darting one way, then the other, searching for signs of movement. He knew they were out there, he could smell them. A silent growl rose in his throat as he took a step forward, urging the little goddess to walk on as well, hopefully without frightening her.

"Nara, it's not safe to stop here, we should keep moving."

And then it happened.

Griffith bare his fangs with a roar, talons unsheathed, falling into a crouch over the small eagle, making it more than clear he would protect her, and those who sought to harm her would suffer the consequence. Come near her and I will tear you to shreds!

"Nara, run, I will find you when it's safe, I promise."

He would make certain the rogues would regret their actions this day.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:25 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara blinked. The actions of Griffith were so unusual, she had never seen him act that way before. What did he mean not safe? They were perfectly fine just a moment ago...weren't they?

When he took a step, the young eaglet chick followed. His one step equaled to about five or six little hops from the goddess in disguised. Her eyes widened though when she saw a flash of dark pelt come out of the underbrush, followed by two more males of purple, and a female of white.

When Griffith crouched over her, the child squealed, frozen temporarily as she felt the ground thundering with the beats of multiple gaits rushing at them.

Run. She heard Griffith shout. Run? With these legs? No way she could make it anywhere! "What about you?!" She cried out, seeing one of the lions take aim as Griffith's flank. She gasped, and quickly shouted, "Behind you!"

She was in a danger zone. Underneath a large lion who could fall a top of at any moment. Without even thinking, the goddess did what she was instructed earlier. She spread her wings as far as they went, and flapped as hard as she could finding a small lift from the ground. She was out from under the god of balance, heading higher into the air, away from the skirmish.

--

Nahuatl growled as he watched his only leverage fly away. He made his way from the underbrush, claws unsheathed as he swiped at the chick just as she flew over head. He needed that bird!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 pm
The god roared with horrifying ferocity, a taloned paw lashing at the nearest assailant, knocking them away from from the goddess, a father viciously defending his child. He whirled around, snapping at the attacker behind him, unfortunately not before talons met his own hide. A snarl of pain, he could already feel the red staining his white fur.

"Nara, go now!"

His head turned, his gaze focused for a moment on the little goddess, watching as she at last learned to fly, lifting from the ground and finding her wings in the air. Good, she would be safe, they could not reach her---NO!

The god vanished, instantly teleporting away from the lions that surrounded him, reappearing a moment later between the fifth and the fleeing goddess. Both paws lashed out, slashing at the lion who'd dared tried to strike his daughter.

"You will not touch her!"

It was not until he was satisfied his daughter was well out of danger that he turned his full attention to his attackers. Woe be to he who tries to harm the child of the god of balance.

"You will regret this day."

Against such odds, the god knew he would face injury, but his child was safe, and before this was done, he would see to it they all ran scurrying with their tails tucked.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas