[FLAME'S FURY WING] Team Building

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:43 am
Z'haq was always big on bonding rituals. Even as a youth aboard his father's schooner the Windrace, he and the crew had performed little rituals on the ship like singing songs as they worked, gambled and drank together and generally done almost everything as a group. And since the Wingleader of Flame's Fury Wing ran things like a ship, it made sense to him that he apply those lessons he learned on the high seas to those in his wing. It was with this in mind that he organized a beach bonfire party for his wingmates after their daily drills. Thread was coming, and soon, and while he hoped they all survived he knew he could lose any or all of them to the silver menace. So it was key that they not only fly as a team, but eat, sleep, breathe, and think like a team.

With that in mind, he had acquired several crates of the best wine he could get from Benden and Tillek and taken them down to the beach, where he had built a small bonfire from the empty crates and whatever scrap wood he could find. Then he had Eorawth send an invitation to the other Furies and their dragons to join him on the sand for a post-dinner evening of booze, fun and team building. His philosophy was "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die."

"I hope they show up," Z'haq said half to himself, half to Eorawth, and half to Resa, who had joined him on the beach. "This is really important to me."

Thaliawen
Resa!

demon_pachabel
Nua!

ShinosBee
X'il!

faesinger
W'res!

Shaddaling
B'shen!

Daisymilk
Bestla!

-_Wish of Teverae_-
Kutar!

~Kiana_Nala~
Ah'i!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:51 pm
There is no need to fuss. Sobeth could have said it a thousand times, but Nua still had to go over all of her beloved's straps and pouches, making sure that everything and anything the two could possibly ever need at a simple social outing was on hand. What if somebody needs some sunsalve? What if someone cuts their foot on something they can't see in the dark, Sobeth? What if I need to offer someone some water because they drank too much, hmm? Nua could have made a list that went on for days for what could have possibly gone wrong.

Sobeth simply nodded her way through it, gently tucking away all of those fussy edges and doing her best to soothe down over-active nerves wherever they reared their little heads.

Then you and I can come back and get something if it is missing. We won't be far, love. It was a very simple solution, and really if they were missing anything from the dozens of pouches that Nua had stuffed with this or that all over her riding straps, Sobeth would have actually been surprised. Half of the stuff she kept on hand had only been used once, but she'd never suggest they would highly likely not need it ever again. Nua would have simply fainted at the mere suggestion.

But that was part of what made Nua who she was, so really she didn't judge too harshly. Instead, with a little pushing, Sobeth managed to urge her beloved up into her riding straps and it was off with them. Not a far venture, the beach. It didn't even require a pop between. Though it was to Sobeth's surprise that they were somehow there before everybody else.

The dark green made a less than graceful landing in the surf - though it would be the mistake of any who knew Sobeth to comment on such a thing, as her grace was truly a thing for in the air - rumbling a greeting towards Eorawth, but not much else before she settled. Nua pulled herself from her straps to drop gently, and with a lot of careful assistance from Sobeth, into the sands. "Oh! I'm not too early, am I?" the red haired woman bit nervously at her lower lip, her needling energy clearly looking for something to do.

If there was nobody else to fuss over, clearly she'd fuss all over herself!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas