Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[PRP] Other side of the Tracks (Asubuhi x Telal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:40 pm
User Image

Asubuhi had grown strong under her mother's tutelage and her living in the Pridelands, the supply of food, the warm sun and the love of her family had made her go from a chubby cub to an adolescent and she was already showing the firm muscle that would make her a proud huntress one day. She had been listening to her mother's lessons all day and decided to try out tracking, knowing of the danger that'd been plagueing their pride as of late with the thought of strangers and murders on the borders she had been heavily warned time and time again.

But the young lioness wouldn't be denied her own training and if she had to listen her youngest brother trying to flirt and fluff himself up infront of everything with legs she'd have probably brained him. So, she found herself eventually past the borders following the scent of a gazelle...then more.

She'd been told many times of her mother's life outside of the Pridelands, that there were other prides, other lions, other places to explore and she of course had been curious of that as a cub. She hadn't thought of them much anymore till now as the smell of foreign lions hit her nostrils amidst what looked like termite mounds in the distance.

How strange...

Felyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was hard to believe everything that had happened in the short time since Telal had been born. He could scarcely even remember life outside of his pride lands though he did recall, clearly, the day that his mother had brought him home and his first site of the old, towering termite mounds that rose like mountain peaks above the redstone cliffs. Every moment since his arrival had been filled with learning and pride and now he stood, an obedient Unbranded, at the border and knew he would soon graduate beyond that to become a faithful member of the Military.

His task today had been fairly simple - keep an eye out for rogues that wandered too closely and do his best to coerce the herds closer to the pride so that they were less apt to be picked off by those opportunistic scoundrels hunting just beyond the borders. Though it did seem menial he approached it with gusto none-the-less, puffing out his chest with its growing black tuft and stalking the line of the scent markers like a male twice his age and size. There were other unbrandeds along the line - each within hearing distance if need be and each doing the same job in unison. With any luck, the herds would be close enough by day's end to provide safe hunting on the morrow and then they would be out again, herding them slowly back for the next.

Ebbe was a clever leader and thus far they had been completing this task without much interference; the orange adolescent stalked proudly behind a trailing elder beast that seemed none too fussed by his aloof attitude thus far. Then, suddenly, it bolted at the sound of a distant rustle behind them and Telal jerked in a quirk circle with his teeth barred.

"Who is trespassing here?"

Ebbe would skin him alive if he'd let his guard down enough for the herd to be attacked. Damn it.

Lightning Shadow X
Sorry for the delay, oof! ;;

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 am
...Well that wasn't a voice she'd heard before. It'd been almost immediate after she'd caught the scent of the wandering herd and out of nowhere someone she'd never heard before. Again, she knew that other prides existed outside of her own - her mother had taught her such...but so close to the Pridelands...? Had her mother mentioned a neighboring group that would be in the vicinity? She frowned to herself and was quickly thrown from her thoughts at the sound of the growl in the person's voice....her first instinct was to hide...but her curiousity pushed her forward as she stepped out of where she'd been stalking and eye the other with faint bemusement.

He wasn't golden like those back home. Nor creme or light, granted there were variations in the Pridelands - those of darker or muddier pelts. But it seemed the majority or those closer to the original bloodlines were as golden as the sun, something she hadn't been born with like her siblings or her parents. But she stood there straight faced and watched him, not drawing closer, just holding her ground.

"I didn't mean to trespass, I...had no idea there was a territory to trespass on." Her eyes hadn't left the orange male as she stood there. This could end very badly if she wasn't careful. So she made sure where her exits were and that her legs were prepared to flee...or fight depending on what her instincts instructed of her.

Felyn
GAH I'm so sorry ;;

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:31 am
"Tch," he scoffed beneath his breath, drawing on an air of arrogance once he realized that she could not possibly pose him a threat. He was just an unbranded and though he never had any intention of going into the military, he was not afraid of some wandering young girl. Even the most poorly trained Outlander could best this delicate thing, he was sure of it.

"Well you would be wise to remember it now. These are the lands of the Ukulwa'Izwe," he tilted his chin high and drew himself up to his full height, "the Outlands have been reborn."

His gaze drifted over her, then past her, to the direction she seemed to have come from. She looked too well fed to be a rogue and the only pride he knew close by were the traitors the royal family had been ousted from. It left a sour taste in his mouth as his eyes flickered back to her and narrowed. He had no proof she was a pridelander but he had a nagging little suspicion that he just couldn't shake. The young male had been raised knowing that these lions would take what they wanted, oblivious.

Thus far, that seemed to fit this wandering, clueless girl to a T.

"You should apologize."

Lightning Shadow X
omg now my turn to be so behind, I'm sorry! haha

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm
Asu's ears flattened as she took in this one's attitude, her tail flicking slightly back and forth as she kept her stance and held her ground whilst still being prepared incase this one decided to leap at her or worse. Her mother's lessons bubbling in the back of her head as her deep purple eyes stayed pointed upon this orange male as he explained the lands and her ears could just flick forward as a confused expression fell across her features.

The Outlands? What on earth was that? She'd never heard of that before, her mother and father had never brought up any knowledge of that pride before - but she felt it'd probably be better to not rile this one up. He seemed a bit uppity and fidgety.

"Very well," She started very matter of factly as she sat herself down and raised her head as she watched him. "I apologize sincerely for trespassing, I had no knowledge prior to the territories nor did I wish to instigate any aggression from a..." She eye'd the other up and down briefly. "...Guard?" Asubuhi actually had no idea how to rank him, he honestly only looked a little older than her - but again she didn't want to stir the pot as she stood herself back up again and watched him closely.

"I was simply practising my tracking and hadn't meant to cause a stir, I am Asubuhi...who are you?"

Felyn
OTZ SORRY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:42 pm
Oh.

Telal's fierce demeanor loosed and waned as she sat and actually apologized to him. He had expected her to sass him or perhaps challenge him for the right to pick a meal from the herd so for her to simply do as he asked, well. He wasn't entirely prepared for that. His ears lowered and a knit formed between his brows, incapable of hiding his confusion over the matter. It was only as she begged the question of his rank and who he was that he remembered his gusto and drew himself proudly.

"I am Telal, Eldest son of Zukiya, Unbranded of the Ukuhlwa'Izwe," he rattled proudly, giving her the only two titles he had earned yet for himself. By comparison, her simple introduction seemed lackluster and he made that clear with a playful smirk. "Well met.. Asubuhi."

The (barely) older male tossed a look over his shoulder at the herd that was meandering away from him but they seemed headed in the direction he needed them to go. He could spare a few minutes, especially if it was to tout the glory of his Queen and his pride, right?

"Are you from a nearby pride?" Now he would really get to the bottom of this..

Lightning Shadow X
:-*

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:07 pm
Wow that was uh...that was some long winded titles he had there, blinking partly as she watched him she couldn't help but smile in faint amusement at the pride he had and the playful smirk he sent her prodding at how...well...less grand her name was. She had to admit she was just another little cog in the machine that drove the pridelands, but she didn't mind.

That's just how life was she supposed.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Telal." She replied sincerely as she took a few steps forward to inspect him. The rusty colours of his pelt really resonating with her given that most of her family were gold's and cremes - but when he asked of her pride she straightened up again and bobbed her head apologetically. "Sorry, I'm from the Pridelands...in all reality I probably shouldn't be outside the territories since there were apparently some of our members murdered on the borders." Asu glanced to Telal with obvious concern in her face. "It's...a little worrying..."

Felyn
:3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am
Ever the open book, as the name of her pride passed her jowls, he could not help the small grimace that replaced his playful, jabbing smirk. He knew their histories even if she didn't and he knew that, at best, their coexistence was shaky. Would the Queen ever try to take back what was her birthright? He did not know. Their pride was smaller by comparison, if better trained, and it seemed.. a foolish thought.

"You are very dark for a Pridelander, aren't you?" He had not met many of them, only knew that from the stories they were all golden and bright, like the Prince Amachwane. He took after the treacherous King, he had heard.

As she drew closer, he was surprised to find that she seemed just as intrigued by his pelt colors as he was by hers. It brought her close enough that he saw the small hook marking at the base of her skulls and faint freckled spots that dotted her brow ridge and cheekbone. She was a pretty thing, if young and maybe a little too trusting. He'd hate to think what Ebbe might do if he'd caught her here instead.

"Murders?" his brows rose. That was interesting. They were close enough together that murders on the Prideland borders were a dangerous omen for themselves, too. "Do you know what it is? A wandering gang of rogues?" Worry pulled his brows down and it was clear he was concerned for what might be lurking in the rogue lands. He shook his head at her, half closing his bright green eyes. "I've seen nothing on our borders but I think you're being too risky, Asubuhi of the Pridelands."

Lightning Shadow X

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 am
That expression made her tilt her head again, was there something...wrong with the Pridelands? She knew it was a bit half-hazard sometimes and they didn't believe in the Gods - then again neither did her mother...kind of - but that wasn't up for talking now. Her thoughts were interrupted as he pointed out the most obvious part of her being and she smirked with a playful little snort escaping her.

"You got that right, you should see me compared to the rest of my family...they're all golds and cremes." There was a small exasperated huff that passed her muzzle. "Hard to imagine I'm from the same family sometimes."

She didn't notice him looking her over before the conversation of the murders continued and she glanced over her shoulder, ears flattened as her lilac eyes scanned the horizon that lead her home. Everything was...going weird back home, the talk of cults, everything just...so strange. Asu would be lying if she said she wasn't the tiny bit scared, but one ear flicked his way as he spoke and a small half smile lit up her muzzle.

"I probably am, Telal of the Ukuhlwa'Izwe...but nothing risked, nothing ventured, I mean I wouldn't have learnt of your pride if I hadn't gone past the borders." Her eyes wandered over the red dusted lands with a quiet appreciation. "...What's it like living out here?"

Felyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 pm
The retort in her words and her lack of concern for her decision to be here was beginning to chip away at the tinge of fear that gripped his heart and the cloud of discrimination he couldn't quite seem to shake. He knew that there was no way every Pridelander could be as rotten as the stories - after all, had their roots not been in those lands as well? And, besides that, she had given him a bit of information he could take back to his own pride. Knowing there was danger near the borders was not a bad decision.

He offered her a weak smile and pulled his gaze back to her, trying his best to unwind the stitch that was tugging at his shoulder blades.

"It is peaceful, in its own way. We were rogues for a while and that was kind of scary so being here, even in such a.." he paused, trying to pull the word he wanted to his tongue, "a temperamental land, it has a way of making us appreciate everything more. It's a very long story though, our reuniting with the land of our ancestors. It's definitely a story too long for today."

He smirked as he pulled his gaze away from her again and half turned so that he could look over his shoulder in the direction of the herd he had been casually following. They were still close enough to see but from his position they seemed as if they had stopped moving - it wouldn't do. There was a way to go yet before they would be within the distance Ebbe had requested. The last thing he wanted was an earful from the Queen's Claw, let alone whatever creative punishment he might think up for him on the spot.

"I have a job I really have to do, Asubuhi. As nice as its been to chat with you it will be decidedly not worth it if the Claw finds me wasting time." Although he was beginning to fill with nerves over Ebbe making his rounds and catching him out of place, he kept a half smile on his jowls for her. "If you are caught out by one of our guards just give them my name. Hopefully they won't give you too much trouble."

Felyn

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm
Smiling faintly as she listened to him, her lavender eyes scanned the area with a small expression of appreciation on her features, temperamental...that was a good way to describe this strange place. It lacked the ease of the Pridelands, the gentle rolling hills, the antelope that just walked willingly near the homes...unless the golden grasses, the redder stones and darker dirt, she'd be able to hunt here very well. At least that was the lingering thought in her mind.

She ruminated quietly on her thoughts for a moment or two before noticing his gaze and glancing in the direction he looked curiously before her eyes settled on him again, the Claw? Her sound round ears flit forward with a slightly bemused expression but she winced a little realizing she probably shouldn't have lingered either.

"Sorry for keeping you, I should probably go to...my father'll give me an earful if he finds out I've been outside the borders again." Padding past him she paused mid step a few yards away and turned to glance back with the same small smile. "It was good to meet you, Telal and to learn of the Outlands...I hope we meet again one day!" She wasn't sure if he caught her words or not from the distance, but she made her friendly body language known before eventually heading off back to the golden lands of her pridal birth.

Felyn
Want that as the final post orrrrr do you want to do a final one? :3c

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces