Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[PRP] Becoming the Mind (Shetani & Aera)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shetani frowned at the dark clouds in the sky, unsure why the sight made her fur stand on end. A storm was clearly making its way towards them, and while it was nothing new, this one did seem like it would be rather fierce. Hm... She would make sure to tell those under her watch to keep indoors and to watch any wandering cubs.

That said, she still couldn't shake the feeling that something was off about this storm....

The lioness shook her head and turned to continue on her mission. She was trying to track down a certain young lioness. Aera had taken to shadowing her whenever she found the chance, something that amused the black female to no end, and while she'd mostly been teasing him, Ebbe's words of ensuring the future of the Mind had stuck. Good thing she already had a certain someone in mind for the position.

Her ears flicked back at the sound of faint booming - thunder, she was fairly certain of now - and then picked up her pace. Best to track the girl down before they both ended up caught in it.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 pm
MangoMeow

Aera's bright red eyes watched as the storm started at the horizon, slowly working its way over the Outlands. She was lounging under a dead tree, enjoying the small breeze the storm was bringing, before the thunder crashed ahead. The unbranded adolescent frowned, eyes narrowing. Storms were an uncommon thing to the lands, but they did happen occasionally.

Sighing, the red lioness shifted herself up, her bones cracking as they shifted back into place. The lioness saw the Monarch's Mind on the prowl, and she grinned. She was always up for a lesson with Shetani. Perhaps the storm would leave them cooped up in a den, where Aera could listen and not be bothered by the raven instructed to watch her.

Speaking of.

"Erato. You better get back before your wings get wet." She said sarcastically to the dark bird perched above her. "Tell Katiti I will be with Shetani."

Without waiting for an answer, the adolescent sprang forward, leaving the raven still in the tree, giving her a look of disdain.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:46 pm
She didn't have to search too much longer. The flash of red at the corner of her eye made her turn, and Shetani chuckled as the enthusiastic youth ran up to her. Good, she wouldn't have to worry about being caught in the rain.

"Hello there, Aera," she said as the other got close, "I've been looking for you."

The Mind looked up at the sky as another boom sounded, and then gestured with her head. "Walk with me. I have something I've been meaning to ask you." And then she started walking in the direction of the tunnels, hoping to reach shelter before the storm really started.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm
MangoMeow

"Oh, you have? I was just looking for you!" She said with a grin. "I was wondering if this lesson you could teach me a little bit more about the past history of the pride. Like...what happened to have everyone leave?" She always had a thirst for knowledge.

Aera wasn't born in the pride, even though unbeknownst to her she had the royal blood lines run through her veins. It was muted by generations, and she would likely never find out about it.

"Oh. Yeah, sure, of course!" She could always get a lesson later from Shetani if there was something more important on her mind to ask. "We probably should walk quickly there. Otherwise we are gonna get caught in the rain. I'll race you?" She grinned. The adolescent still had the string of youthfulness to her.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:25 am
Ah, and wasn't that a hefty question, but then, her thirst for knowledge was what Shetani liked most about Aera, and part of why she believed she would do well with the position she was offering. After all, Shetani's position needed a scholar above all else. That said, she wanted to get her offer out before going into long-winded lectures.

The lioness gave a laugh at the mention of racing, though she couldn't argue that it wouldn't get them out of the rain. Little did Aera know though that Shetani specialized in speed as her main form of combat (a necessity when fighting her giant rock wall of a brother).

"We still have some time yet. First, I wanted to ask you of your thoughts." She tilted her head, "Of the pride, of what you've learned so far, and of where you want to go in the future."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:57 pm
MangoMeow

"What about the pride?" Aera tilted her head.

"I don't think I would trade what I have for the world." Her life before the Outlands was a blur. She vaguely remembered her family. She had a twin? And...another brother? What were their names...? She didn't remember who her birth mother was, but comparing her looks to the Soul's look, Katiti could pass off as her own parent.

"I just wish there was more...willing to teach me! A lot of members would rather duel than know about the pride. Not that fighting or dueling skills aren't important...but..." Aera was in no means a fighter. Her scarless pelt was a prime example of that!

"I definitely want to stay in the Academy! Not as a guide though, but maybe one day a consul!" There was one of those so far wasn't there? They obviously needed more! "I think if we have some who are interested in their position within the Academy, it'll get others to not just think a scar or shield is the right place!" As for why not the clergy, she just wouldn't fit in with it.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am
Shetani smiled at that, nodding slowly, "It's true, dueling is a very important part of our pride." She clucked her tongue, "That said, the pride's history is just as important, in my opinion. How else will we learn for the future?"

She thought quietly to herself for a minute, before continuing, "I'm glad that you have such an interest in the Academy. I actually wanted to offer you another route, if it strikes your interest."

The lioness paused here, turning to look back at Aera, "Did you know that I'm still in need of an apprentice? We're coming up to when the prince will need his advisers lined up, and as it stands... I'm the only one that has yet to choose someone." Not to say she wasn't looking; which is why this conversation was happening in the first place.

"Aera.... would you be interested in becoming the apprentice to the Monarch's Mind? I will warn you that it will be a lot of work. The position encompasses the Academy as a whole, and you would need to learn about all aspects of it."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:06 pm
MangoMeow

"Oh?" Aera paused in her steps as Shetani brought up an alternate route. Lucky for her, Shetani had also stopped, glancing at the red lioness.

She shook her head. "I didn't know. I just...figured you had one already and they were studying or something," she gave a lackadaisical shrug, along with a sheepish grin. She barely knew of the other apprentices for the Soul or the Claw. Her not knowing the Mind's was almost a given. Her jaw dropped as the offer was made.

"...Wait..." She said, replaying the words back in her mind. "You want...me to be your... apprentice? For..." Her voice trailed off as her eyes widened. "But...I'm...I'm not from here?" She questioned quietly. "Shouldn't it go to someone who was born to the pride?" The lioness asked.

"Not that I don't want it!" She said quickly. "And not because of the work required!" Aera liked to learn. She would definitely dedicate herself to the position to live up to what Shetani had already made it. She was just...questionable about why her.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:03 am
She raised an eyebrow at that, "And do you suppose the other apprentices were?"

The lioness let out a snort, shaking her head as she gazed up at the sky again, "Sometimes, the most dedicated and well-suited are found within those who willing joined rather than those who were born into it. I want someone passionate about the pride and our history, about learning - and I believe that someone is you."

Shetani chuckled softly under her breath, "I've no doubt that you will live up to the position." Her eyes lowered to look back at Aera, "The real question is: will you dedicate yourself to the pride, to our values and traditions? Will you stand beside Kethiwe as he comes into his position as King? His word will become law, but he will need his viziers to stand beside him; and as the Mind, you would become his strategist and diplomatic adviser. Are you willing to become what's needed as the Monarch's Mind?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:39 am
MangoMeow

Aera looked down, almost ashamed at the question Shetani asked.

"No...I...well I don't know. I mean, I never really got a good look at the other Apprentices since I have been here." She said truthfully, returning her gaze back to the Mind.

"I will." She listened as Shetani gave a list of what Aera would need to do if she were to accept. Just like the current viziers protected Ashiki, the apprentices - once ready- would do the same with Kethiwe. The lioness nodded again. "I...I believe I am. Under your guidance, I think I can do it." Shetani had been her mentor. It was through her she wanted to grow within the Academy.

"If you believe I can do it, then I believe I can do it." She flashed a smile towards the other. "When do we start?!" She chuckled excitedly.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:57 am
Shetani gave a laugh at the sudden enthusiasm, amused at her change in feelings. Aera didn't need to worry, in Shetani's opinion; she'd make a good Mind.

"Immediately," she said with a hum, "though we should probably continue to get out of the rain first. It wouldn't do for either of us to get sick before we can even start." And she could do without her Guides motherhening her for her inattention to her health.

So the lioness turned and started hurrying to the tunnels as the first few droplets of water started to fall.

KasaiLoki

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff