Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
Mto'Mkuu Member Contest || Closed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a contest for three Mto'Mkuu lions! The Mto'Mkuu are an I/T pride that collects and battles with Kipenzi. Please read up on the pride before entering.

Click the top banner to see more info on the pride!

End Time: Sept. 1st @ 11:00pm PST

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:24 am
Double Threat Duo

These two are connected to each other, but "how" is a mystery! For this contest, you'll be working with another person to tell me the relationship between these two. Fill out the form below and post it here to enter.

Rules:
  • How they're connected is up to you! They can be siblings, rivals, lovers, complete strangers that happen to join the pride at the same time -- whatever you can come up with!
  • You are required to enter with another person. Can't find someone? Feel free to use our I/T thread to try and seek someone out!
  • These two can be any of the Middle ranks, but High ranks are off limits for them.
  • Their factions will be rolled after the contest is over.
  • They must stay in the pride.

Form:
[align=center][size=16][b][color=green]Double Threat Duo[/color][/b][/size][/align]

[size=11][b]Boy's Owner:[/b] (username here)
[b]Boy's Name:[/b] (this SoA's name)
[b]Boy's Rank:[/b] (rank in the pride)

[b]Girl's Owner:[/b] (username here)
[b]Girl's Name:[/b] (this SoA's name)
[b]Girl's Rank:[/b] (rank in the pride)

[b]How are they connected?:[/b]
(be creative with this! I'm more likely to go with an entry that stands out than something generic)

[b]Are there any Kipenzi that you'll be throwing with them?:[/b] (optional! While it's required to own an actual SoA for Kipenzi fights, you can still rp these two as if they have an NPC one in the pride)
[/size]

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 am
Noble Boy

This boy is special -- he is a Mzuri, a noble! This is the Crème de la Crème of the pride, and a limited title for people to gain while the pride is still an I/T. It'll become even more rare after the pride is official, so this is a prime opportunity to get someone with it!

This will be a personality contest. The entry doesn't have to be long, but I do want something that shows this guy as the noble he is.

Rules:
  • Be creative with this! Why is he a noble? I'm looking for something that makes this boy special.
  • I will allow him to be related to the royal family, if you so choose, or he could have earned the title through other means.
  • He can only be a Mzuri, but of course, he's free to pursue other hobbies.
  • His faction will be rolled after the contest ends.
  • He must stay in the pride.

Form:
[align=center][size=16][color=blue][b]Noble Boy[/b][/color][/size][/align]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] (username here)
[b]SoA's Name:[/b] (his name)
[b]Personality:[/b] (your entry here!)

[b]Are there any Kipenzi you'll be giving him?:[/b] (optional! While it's required to own an actual SoA for Kipenzi fights, you can still rp this guy as if he has an NPC one in the pride)[/size]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 am
Entry List

Double Threat Duo:

Noble Boy:
  • AstoriaFallen
  • Anderleit

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:32 am
This is now open for posting! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:52 am
Noble Boy

Username: AstoriaFallen
SoA's Name: Moselle "from the water"
Personality: Sharp of mind and bright in personality Moselle is a light to be around. While he has an air of aristocracy about him he genuinely enjoys to be around other's and has no issues with sharing his joy for life upon them. His infectious nature is captivating and has a way of effecting those around him without really meaning to. (this is obviously case by case, but I was basing this off of a personal experience I had with someone who just loved life so much it just rubbed off on me and I couldn't help but be happy around them). He will be a guiding light for those who are lost in the dark and a steady rock for those crashing around in a sea of emotions. While he is young he is almost wise beyond his years when it comes to seeing the big picture and offering solid advice. He can be stern when he needs to be but overall he is a kind and giving soul who loves their lands and it's inhabitants with a fierce passion and he hopes to pass that love on to others.

Are there any Kipenzi you'll be giving him?:I don't have any currently that I could/would be willing to shove in here as kipenzi for him, but I have no problems questing for some for him!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Noble Boy

Username: Anderleit
SoA's Name: Kaliphar
Personality: This sweetly-smiling, soft-eyed male was a stranger when he entered into the lands of the Kiongozi for the first time. It was only by chance that he wandered by, though he would eventually come to admit that he happened to be in the right place at the right time. Kaliphar was skilled in healing, having learned the arts since he was a cub; and the leader's kipenzi had fallen ill some time before. Their typical manner of tending to the pets were so far failing them, and the pride that the dusty pink lion stumbled across was one tinged with sadness.

It wasn't Kaliph's way to pass any injured creature by, regardless of the strange relationships on display here. Humbly, he placed himself before the Kiongozi and submitted his service. For many nights, he remained at the side of the sick pet and weathered the concerns of his master, reassuring both with soothing words and gentle paws. After many moons of such dedication, Kaliphar was able to restore the leader's kipenzi to health, and was welcomed fully into the pride as a result. What's more, because of the boon that he had freely offered - as a complete stranger, no less - the Kiongozi offered the healer a position of status as a token of his gratitude. Having grown to love the members of the pride, and at home in the lush jungle, Kaliph graciously accepted.

He remains still, happy to walk among the pride with his own tamaa at his side. He is partial to the tamaa, and prides himself on knowing many of them by name. He is always eager to welcome new kipenzi into their ranks, particularly those who are small and in need of protection, though he is not quite as aggressive as the kamata with their nets. Instead, he carries a number of woven silk ropes wrapped about his barrel: leashes with which he leads the willing to their new home.

Are there any Kipenzi you'll be giving him?: I'd be looking to get several tamaa customed for him, but for the moment he'll be joining with Jahd and Peytoia as pigana.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:31 pm
This is now closed!

Since there weren't any entries for the first two, I'm just going to hold on to them for the time being and contest them off at a later time.

As for the Noble Boy, I liked both of your entries. In the end, I decided to go with Anderleit's entry for him. Congrats! Feel free to post him officially in the I/T thread so I can get him added to the member list.

Anderleit

That said, I'd like to offer up one of these to you, Tori! Just let me know which of them you'd like. He/she need to stay in the Mto'Mkuu as well. Once you've picked, feel free to post him/her officially in the I/T thread.

The wild dog can only be a low rank, but the lion can be any of the middle ranks, or a Shauri, or a Mzuri. (seemed silly to not allow you both to have a noble, so I'm letting you have the option)

The wild dog is a rehome from me too, so if you choose her, make sure to quote me when she eventually gets certed so I can confirm it.

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 am
MangoMeow

Bless <3<3<3

Ill be happy to take pink maned boy ;; <3<3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 am
Thanks so much, Mango! I look forward to playing Kaliph in the pride. May I ask his colorist?

MangoMeow
Quote:

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:13 am
I believe it was Meepfur for both of them. I'm going to double check, and I'll let you know if it's not.

Anderleit

AstoriaFallen

[OOC] Player-run Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces