[PRP] - Anything my brother can do - Lucifer and Zjarri

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucifer strode through the lands of his new home, his original home? He growled quietly, determination in his steps. He was tired of this s**t, tired of it all. He had had enough of his brother and he aimed to put an end to his talk and shut him up for good. His father was a god damn it! His mother had been a reaver, if Ciro could be a captain, then so could he!

Gold eyes narrowed as he walked, scanning for the den he sought. He had not met the warlord, not in person. He had decided (perhaps wisely) to seek her out during the day, well after the sun had risen in the clouded sky, but before it had reached its zenith.

A twitch of a fiery tail, his gaze falling on the den. That one, it had to be hers.

"Warlord, I am Lucis'ferre, I have come to seek the rank of captain."

He spoke out with confidence, bold and determined, but with respect in his tone (he wasn't stupid enough to get on the warlord's badside). He would be a captain, that would show his brother!

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 am
Pleasantries were a thing of the past. This was apparent another lion joined her at her dens entrance and began with a decent introduction, then ending in his demand. "You're a blunt one, Lucis'ferre. Determined I imagine." Her eyes rose slightly at him and fell shortly after. Her interest short lived, and exhaustion weighing heavily on her didn't help either.

"Our latest Captain, Ciro, brought me tales and with his name came stories themselves. What do you have to offer me?" She didn't make the connection between the two, if she had then she would have said it was a strategic question - it was not. This didn't didnt stop her brow raising, nor did it stop the curious way her head tilted. She was fully expecting the lion to lash out - it wasn't uncommon - they were here to be judged for a service and so she would judge.

His confidence was enough to sate her, but she was a might curious that she hadn't heard much (if anything) about this particular individual. Zjarri just wanted back up.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 pm
"I assume you have better things to waste your time on than small talk."

Lucifer had always been better at snark than tact, but at least he was trying to show respect? Key word being was... The fiery lion snorted at the mention of his brother. Ciro, no doubt he had spun his own version of the story, blaming everything on him, jerk.

"Did my brother's stories include that he got himself bitten by a snake and that we had to limp to the mwezi lands for help? Or the bats?"

Or that Lucifer could have left his sorry a** behind to fend for himself?

"I have my strength to offer, and my loyalty."

Lucifer was a large lion, the son of a stormborn and a god, surely he was as capable to serve as captain as his brother was.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:02 pm
"On the contrary it makes these conversations less boring than they might be." Her brows were furrowed as he judged her time. "Over-confidence is a plague." Zjarri bit her tongue from lecturing any further, especially since things were becoming heated about his brother. It was almost to be expected.. the pair competed at damn near everything and Captaincy would be no different.

"You'll be oh so shocked to know that he left both of those things out." She'd ask about them later for a laugh, perhaps in the company of the goddess that she'd grown fond of during their one and only session of talking. Even with pressing issues going on she could tell she'd enjoy simply talking. "Your strength and your loyalty have been tested, but how did you fare in your vikings? Why would others support a choice to have you made Captain?" Her chin rose slightly as she posed the questions.

"Do you lead well? Provide direction? I fear that you hot headedness might be a problem out there." Of course she knew her own right hands ability to lose control, but in her old age she seemed to become level headed - which seemed more frightening. Calculating ones death? Much scarier than it happening randomly.

"Your history with the pride sells itself, but one shouldn't rely upon reputation alone." The lioness grew harsh with her tones. She had worked so hard to get to this point, to be asked for a rank purely on status? Her ears flicked back as she grew impatient.

Amon Larethian

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 am
Lucifer's eyes narrowed, just what sort of stories had his brother been telling her and what had he told her about him. Hmph, as if his brother had any room to talk about anything, Ciro barely knew him. He had not been there all that time he'd spend alone, had not been there when their mother had died, Ciro didn't even know who he was, only that they were brothers.

"I have found my brother prone to forgetting such details, and exaggerating what he does remember."

The fiery lion could not deny a degree of hot-headedness, at least where his brother was concerned. Even in the short time since they had first met, it seemed they had quickly learned just how to push each other's buttons. But despite a temper and a serious inclination toward snark, Lucifer was also clever and often calculating.

"I grew up in the roguelands, I know the terrain better than most. I can guide others on the best routes and corner prey on their own migration routes. And I know how to avoid unnecessary danger and stalk and overtake our enemies and prey. I believe you will find my skills a strong asset."

Not to mention the god father he could call on when needed. Wow, Lucifer, so you can speak without snark, when it suits you.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:51 pm
"Ah."

She remarked with a small - hmph. The sound faded quickly though and he was left to fill the silence with his achievements.

The silence wasn't a disappointing one, even Zjarri'fol could admit to that, he had some things to offer the pride. Of course others could do these things just as equally, but so few met the other varying demands that fell to a Captain. There weren't many rank changes during her time as Warlord (so far) and so she was ready to relinquish the rank a little more quickly.

"You bring up some valid attributes." Zjarri responded after moments of silence and consideration. "I don't doubt that you'd make a fine Captain withose key points in mind." She wasn't about to deny him, but remind him. "Being a Captain isn't struggling against your brother. It's about kinship of your those under your command." Her eyes narrowed slightly. "You need to keep that in mind as you commit to this rivalry." Zjarri knew her tone was harsh, and her eyes mirrored that, but the point had needed to be made.

"Don't lose your head to that rivalry when you have others to be more concerned about."

She ended her stipulations in a higher tone, one which left her slightly smiling. "I'm happy to promote you to Captain."

Amon Larethian

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out