Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:22 pm
User Image

Chungu was in a typically sour mood. It was worse than usual today, though. He was starting to think his travels had brought him near a pride, which wasn't bad in and of itself. That was fine. But almost as soon as he'd found scent markers, he'd started to feel like he was starving. Recent meal or not, his stomach kept grumbling, loudly complaining that surely the path between it and his mouth had been interrupted. The feeling had him irritable, and the occasional low growl joined those belly rumbles.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Did she send you?"

The voice came from behind, raspy as if the vocal chords had been torn. Calypso's dark form was visible on top of a large boulder, her red eyes peering down towards the familiar shape of her brother. He was easily recognizable - their markings were the most similar to their father's. Calypso had not seen Chungu since the earthquake that struck their homelands, and she had considered herself better off for it at the time.

The loyal little lioness, sticking by her mother's side despite Katiti'manina's many transgressions against her family.

Long limbs stretched out before her, and she slid off of her perch in a fluid motion. Calypso had always been a tall lioness, all that height without any of her mother's build. Her coat was lackluster, the bangs in front of her eyes scraggly. Calypso's rib caged showed, each bone easily distinguishable on her sides. It would seem like she was close to death's door, but there was no denying the intensity of her eyes.

She would not die today. "Go away, brother." The dark lioness almost sneered the word. Calypso did not trust that her brother was here of his own volition. No, surely Katiti'manina was still looking for her. The timing was just too weird for this to be a coincidence.

Excited Apathy

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm
Chungu started, then barked a laugh. There was only one "she" that a littermate he hadn't seen in years could mean, and the last he knew Calypso had been firmly hers. "You were her favorite little lackey...I should be asking you that question." He smirked, silver eyes steadily meeting her red ones. "But you look like death warmed over, so you must have come to your senses eventually."

He made a point of looking her up and down. "You know what...I don't feel like leaving. And you can't make me." He was lean and rangy, having likewise inherited a less bulky build from their father, but compared to her he was the picture of health and vitality. He could probably overpower her if she called his bluff. He stretched lazily, though he kept an eye on her as he did. She'd always been...a bit off, after all.

"Why don't you tell me why you're here and she's not, instead?"

Krysin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:46 pm
"Times have changed," Calypso replied dismissively. She did not want to relive that time in her past, where she was her mother's perfect daughter. Back then, she had been young and naive, desperate to believe that pleasing her mother meant she also received her love. Katiti'manina did not give away anything for free, and love was the most difficult thing to buy from her. Oh, she faked it well when it suited her - how else could Calypso have been manipulated into serving her for all those years?

"You know mother," she continued with a roll of her red eyes. "She would not abandon the Outlands, not the place where she feels oh so powerful." Calypso had no idea what state the Outlands were in now, but back when she had left it seemed like the lands were starting to recover. With hope on the horizon, Katiti'manina would not abandon those lands and lose the seat of power she had made for herself.

Her mother was addicted to it, loved having power over others more than she loved her own children. "Do what you will, Chungu, but these lands are ill. You will die here like so many others have." It was good advice, but that did not mean she had spoke it out of the kindness of her heart. She simply did not want to deal with the problem that was him, not when she had so much to prepare for.

Excited Apathy

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:40 am
"Seems like you kept her fondness for the dramatic," Chungu replied with an eyeroll he made no effort to hide. Really, the dramatics were just too much. Did she think he was just some kind of sucker? He'd been smart enough to get away from their dear mother before she ever dreamed of it.

"If it's that bad, why are you still here? You're in worse shape than I am."

She really did look like crap. If the lands really were sick, she had to have some kind of reason for sticking around. And a reason that was good enough for his "dear" sister was probably good enough for him. In any case, he wasn't about to keel over and die just because she declared it likely.

He dared to step closer, silver eyes sharp as he watched her. "What have you found that's worth staying for?"

Krysin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:50 pm
There was nothing she wanted to readily reveal to a brother she did not entirely trust. His intentions were unclear. Chungu had left the Outlands long before Calypso, and hardly suffered under the influence of their mother for as long as she. His hate likely did not burn as wicked and bright as her's did. There would be little she could do to stop him if he wanted to run back home and warn the lioness she intended to kill.

Calypso held her ground, her gaze leveled upon the brother she felt no love for, but also did not hate. There were few she could tolerate in her presence, and among family it was rare for her to turn a kind eye towards them. Chungu received no such kindness, but he would not be chased away. Her gaze focused on him, held his own so she could be sure of his reaction when she spoke.

"Here, I have received help to take care of a problem that I should have taken care of long ago. This place has offered me the support that home has not, and I will not abandon it despite its illness." Calypso could one day die, that she would allow for herself... just not before she dealt with the one creature who had terrorized the entirety of her life.

Excited Apathy

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas