Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:08 pm
It was tedious, the amount of responsibility that she put on herself. From telling stories to the cubs of the guards and huntresses, to taking care of the elders of the pride. Just because that was what she felt like doing. Most nobles went on about the parties and the full moon being the best. She on the other paw felt it was more needed to be around when the moon wasn't out and the Great Lion was asleep. That's when she really went out of her way to check on everyone. Tonight wasn't a night like that, no. It was full and beautiful- the radiant glow fell upon her and she went up to the spot that she would normally meet Eris. Talk about their day and how they missed each other. This time she came up to their spot and saw that he was there before her. Usually she was the first one there.

"Eris- you got off early?"

"Yes... waiting on you."

"Sorry, did you wait long?" She settled next to him, and looked out to the moon. The perfect view and just the two of them.

"No.. I didn't go to work today."

"What?" She turned to him and put a paw on his shoulder, concerned. "Are you ok?"

"Of course." He turned to her and smiled widely. "I was just thinking about you..and I was thinking." He circled around her and nudged her face.

"I want to spend the rest of my moons with you. I want this, whatever this is, I want to call you my mate. I am sure and I am ready."

Nereid watched him pour out his heart, the exclamation of his love. She smiled and watched him go through the emotions. Chuckling at him.

"Are you sure your ready?" Nereid's voice was soft and buttery.

"Yes." He looked at her full with determination and she got up to rub her face under his neck and in to his mane that he finally grew out.

"What if I told you, for the past few months, we were already mates." She chuckled. "In my head of course..."

"You thought that!?"

"Of course... You are the only lion I want beside me. Plus you make me laugh. Always going full hearted in to something. So much drive and passion. I hope you don't change... I hope you stay driven just like this. That is, being your mate- I hope I can help you keep that drive."

"You do. You push me to do better... and you saw my attempts and my failures and you were still talking to me. Still meeting me. I don't want that to end... I don't want someone else to swoop in and snatch you up before I got to tell you, I love you."

"You love me?"

"Of course! That is why I asked you to be my mate!"

She chuckled, he was so easily flustered.

"I'm only kidding Eris... I have loved you for ..... a better part of a year. I just was waiting for you to mature- grow your mane out~ because you would be a lord. Have to abide by the rules of a lord. Be a wonderful lord and kind... be you." She rubbed her paws in to his mane and began to scratch under his mane, and he- like a dog padded the ground. She let out a soft laugh.

"You also get flustered quickly, you can't take a joke well. Stubborn. Kinda rude at times... but your heart." She pressed her paw against his ribcage. "Is kind and sees me for me. Not my title. You overwork yourself- you aren't just lazing about like the other lords. You are amazing just being you. The good and the bad. I want that, all of it." Pressing her forehead against his forehead.

"Sooooo you ready for me to annoy you forever?"

"I'm probably won't ever be ready to have you annoy me, love."

Eris was blushing but when she said love- he was like a chili pepper red from his pure white coat.

"You really put out the good and the bad out there, mate. Called me out!"

"Yep. So be ready to get called out a lot~ because I won't let you slip up."

"As if I would-"

"You would have to find me trinkets for every time you slip up. I bet I'll be the most bejeweled lioness- for the amount of slip ups you'll have."

Eris started laughing. "I waited too... to be mature enough to take care of you and to also- wait for you to mature. Since hanging with me, you've become a true swindler. I heard about how you move things around- not so shy anymore. You've really come out of your shell and I didn't want anyone else to find how beautiful you are from the inside."

"You~ waiting for me?" She laughed with him. "You were waiting til you could handle all this~"

"Pfft. I could've handled it well last year."

"Do you really want to go back and recount how bad things were when the moon disappeared? Or when the watering hole shenanigan. This is the first full moon since then. You were a mess."

"So were you~ miss twinkle toes~"

"I had my paws full!"

"So did I- and you made it a point to tell me that over and over again. I think I found how bad I wanted to be your mate when you refused to let me work along side you. To provide aid to those that were panicked. We were not seeing each other every night like we are now. I thought you grew tired of me."

"I did."

"What!?"

"I grew tired of you thinking I couldn't help... how you made it seem that without you- I couldn't do something or another and I need you to know now. Since we will be official. That I have my own mind. I have my own feelings. I am self sufficient. You've seen how little I ask of the lower class. Almost nothing except to help me gather herbs for those that take ill. So I need you to respect my space and respect me enough to believe in me. Stand beside me because I am so much more than what you've seen of me."

"I can't wait to find out. But... I want you to depend on me too... and need me.."

"I want you... I don't need you." She corrected him.

He was steadfast with his emotions. In his head... not needing him meant that she didn't want him. It was a contradiction! He rubbed his forehead.

"Ok so you are saying you don't need be but still want me? I don't understand. Don't you show someone you need them in your life to make them feel like they are wanted?"

Nereid shook her head and smiled. "It means that I want you for you and not what you can bring because I am fulfilled with myself. I want us both to enjoy each other just for each other. We will help each other grow and learn from our mistakes. It will be a mess but it will be beautiful."

He put his chin on top of her head and sighed. "I need to feel needed.."

"Isn't wanting you by my side enough?"

"Well if you do everything on your own... then what am I here for?"

"You are here for me... and our future cubs...."

His face went red again. Gulping. "Cubs!?"

"Why are you surprised? Of course we will have cubs!"

"No I'm just surprised that you want cubs with me." He was smiling ear to ear. "Giza was wrong~" He chimed.

She looked up and let his chin fall and looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh ~ remember? He said you would be scooped up by someone else if I don't pop the question?"

"Oh I had other suitors."

"What!? You never told me?!"

"Because it wasn't your business... it was mine and theirs."

He stood up and Nereid put a paw on his shoulder and sat him down.

"But I chose you. Like you chose me. I didn't settle for you. I wanted you which should mean so much more than just mating recklessly? It's a full moon tonight. What do more do you want?"

"I want you... I just want to hold you and call you mine."

"I do too..." Nudging and rubbing their faces and cheeks together.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items