[PRP] double the fun [ soui + damon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:42 pm
With news of two queens being gravid at High Reaches, there was much to do at Western in order to prepare the Candidates for transfer over. Soui had only been there once, for the Tea Party, and it had been quite fun. Discussions with other candidates and a few riders had lead her to believe that High Reaches was quite ...different, in terms of traditions and rules than the far more liberal Western, and thus the little teen had taken it upon herself to study. She honestly doubted she'd Impress while there, considering her participation in the candidate exchange something akin to a cultural exchange, but it never hurt to be prepared and have the correct manners while visiting somewhere new.

And so she found herself sitting on the beach on one of the candidate's rare days off, the sky free from Thread and the temperature nice enough that she didn't risk dying beneath the sunshine. Atop her head, her bronze firelizard napped while his beloved master looked over a few scrolls containing information about the other Weyr. It'd been easy enough to get them (all she had to do was ask), and carefully Soui picked over every bit of detail in an effort to memorize everything. Names, dates, even down to the dragons from each clutch; Soui didn't want to be ignorant going in.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:54 am
houllow

Damon stretched in the sunlight, it was an absolutely beautiful day out. A perfect day for doing something physical he was marching by some tables when he saw a small girl on a bench studiously bent over some scrolls. From the concentration on her face it looked to be important.

He was in a talkative mood..granted he was always in a talkative mood. Brown King chirped contentedly from his shoulder at the bronze firelizard on the girls head. Well now that the ice was broken... "Hey, what are you so concerned about? Its a lovely day, wouldn't you like to be outside adventuring? We don't get this opportunity all that often."  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:34 am
Remedy startled a bit at the chirp, his movements nearly unsettling him from his perch, though he was careful not to fall. He returned the greeting in kind, just as Soui went on to answer the question asked of her. "I'm studying for the hatching that's supposed to happen in the future. They said it's going to be two Queens so there will be a lot of eggs, and I've never been to a hatching before, so."

The little healer - now candidate's - answer was short and sweet, and she blinked against the light that came from turning to look at her conversation partner. "I want to make sure I have everything right and that I don't make a mistake. I don't want to embarrass myself at High Reaches, or embarrass our Candidatemaster." Soui didn't quite understand all the ins and out of candidacy or Weyr politics, but she did understand that first impressions were often the only ones people had and she was determined to make sure hers was a very good one.

Also she wanted to have good memories come from this when she came back.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am
houllow

Damon tilted his head. "Thats a good way to prepare. I know from my own experience that it is proper to respect the weyr staff and the golds, especially at the touching. If candidates misbehave it is cut short for every one else which is not fair. Perhaps that is why I have no impressed, it seems like there are always trouble makers while I try my best to hold to the rules. Also to stand your ground during the hatching unless you are in immenint danger of being run over, for the most part the dragons just wander around the sands looking for the magical voice they liked the most while they were in their eggs."

He shrugged and handed her a sausage roll. "Perhaps your studies have come up with the secret? Would you mind sharing?"  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 am
Soui listened to what the stranger had to say, all the while nodding her head as she absorbed the information. Whomever he was he seemed to have a good deal of knowledge on the subject, meaning he'd been a candidate for a while, and so the teen mentally filled that away. Obvious making a comment about what he knew could also be considered an insult, seeing as some people could hold bitterness over not obtaining a lifemate. As she'd yet to properly touch or stand Soui held no such feelings.

"Magical voice they liked the most? What do you mean by that?" She'd heard many different stories about Impression but nothing ever called like that. It was refreshing and new and certainly had her interests now. "You mean like they remember you from the touching and want to find you based on your voice, or?" Soui needed to be careful lest she drown the man with questions but sometimes studying could only bring so much before a person was required to fill in the gaps. A book wasn't a living lesson after all.

When the sausage roll was offered she saw no reason to not take it, and did so with gratitude between bites. Had she been studying so long she'd missed meals? Sometimes that single-minded devotion towards a subject wasn't so bad but other times it resulted in going hungry. "Also no secrets here, not yet. I was just reading about Fianth and her clutching history, trying to figure out who her babies are and what they've gone on to do."

Aukai Oceansoul
this took forever, i'm really sorry! if you'd like to continue the RP please let me know, or also let me know if you'd prefer to drop it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 am
houllow

"From what I have heard from others who impressed sometimes that is the case, I'm not entirely sure if its your voice they hone in on after hatching, but at the least your emotional and spiritual signature. Which is why I would hate to miss a touching or have it drawn short due to drama which seems to always happen no matter if your in a weyr or not. It always so shot full of emotion that some of the young people or indeed young dragons can't handle it."

He took a moment to look at the notes in the hide she held. "So what have you found that is interesting? Maybe this kind of study would help me feel more confident out there."  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:56 pm
"Nothing really, not anything that we don't already know from being taught in lessons." Soui sounded a little disappointed but at the same time a tinge relieved. She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting while looking through records like that apart from maybe giving herself small hopes that perhaps her dragon was among the eggs that Fianth would lay. That maybe her name would appear in these records one day and some future candidate would be reading about her.

There was a small ego rub in those thoughts and Soui shook the feeling away. Being arrogant was unbecoming of her, especially at the age where she needed to know better. Granted anyone would say it was silly for a thirteen turn old child to say such things but that was what Soui honestly believed. "Maybe she'll lay a Queen egg? Though you're a boy so it wouldn't be as important to you - perhaps there will be lots of bronze dragons, then."

Aukai Oceansoul

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff