Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Medicine Troubles (Naani & Amara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The look on her face was nothing short of a scowl. Naani's pink eyes glared down at the small bunch of herbs down the ledge, tail flicking behind her as she thought through the problem. These were the plants she needed - a few of the elderly had gained a cough, and while not bad yet, they certainly didn't want it to get worse - but of course, the only place she could find them were halfway down a cliff.

Naani sighed and sat back with a grumpy look on her face. What to do, what to do.... Asking the other Di-anyi had proven fruitless, as she'd already discovered earlier. Maybe she would get lucky and find them somewhere else?

She didn't believe her chances were great.

The lioness tapped a claw on the ground, debating whether she could scale the side safely. If she moved slowly and carefully.....

Lethrossen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:16 am
User Image

Change had seemed to send a thick layer of unease over many in the pride, it felt like since forever since the fur on her neck had stopped prickling. Still, to question those new to the pride felt too much like she was questioning Nche and that just wouldn't do. He was her brother, and she would lay down her life for him. She tried to remind herself that even her brothers could have poor judgement, especially after the whole debacle with Ebere. Most days Amara felt confused, restless. Like she should be doing something... instead she just floundered from place to place. Maybe she was more hindrance than help. Even when Nche had gone missing... what had she even done? "Hmmm." She stopped her easy gait through the lands, rethinking her last thought and scowling. She sat herself down and lifted up one paw, looking it over. She lifted her other, studying it just as intently. She glanced around, half hoping for a puddle. No such luck. "Those thoughts are terrible and silly, what's the point in feeling bad about yourself?" She spat out loud, because sometimes you just needed to hear that sort of thing in a clear and confident voice... even if it was your own.

She sighed and nodded, feeling better, before bounding back to her feet and picking up her pace. She knew the cliffs weren't far now, and the sky looked just wonderful... it was the perfect sort of day for some self reflection. Maybe today she could figure out... her path. Or something. Having a path seemed kind of cool, kind of important. As the cliffs came into view so did a figure, and as a pleasant breeze rolled past Amara caught scent of Naani. She slowed, slightly surprised. It wasn't like she was avoiding Naani. She wasn't. But... they hadn't really spent much time with one another in a very long time... and then when Ebere had... well. And how could Amara just come forward and tell Naani there Ebe had been a total idiot? And maybe he didn't deserve what had happened it certainly was no surprise that it'd happened.... how could you say that about your own brother to a friend you'd already been growing apart from?

"Hm." Amara glanced over her shoulder and then back to the cliffs, unsure. She cleared her throat quietly, still too far away to call any attention to herself. Okay, she could do this. This was fine... so what if Naani and she had once been friends and now were not.... so what if Naani had indirectly been the cause of her brother's blindness... she'd also been helping Nche's leg, hadn't she? "Seems I'm not the only one who knows the sky looks most magnificent from these cliffs." Amara called brightly, close enough now to be heard clearly.

Although... Naani was looking down... not up at the sky. Hm, that was weird! Amara had been moving quickly, and was beside Naani in a very short amount of time, moving herself boldly to the ledge as she peered downwards too, pretty much impulsively. "I don't get it, is there something cool down there?" Dirt... rocks... grass... weeds... not even a snake?

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:47 am
The voice took her by surprise, though she didn't react beyond her ears flicking back towards it. That sounded familiar... and a quick glance behind her showed that yeah, it should be, but to be fair, it had been a while since they'd spoken to each other. Amara's voice was older now, less squeaky and childlike.

Letting out a sniff in response, Naani took a step backwards. "I wish I could say I was here to gaze at the sky." She enjoyed moments to herself, when she could reflect on life and it's twists and turns, but at the moment.... "Unfortunately, I'm here for work."

She sighed, "Nothing cool, just a stupid herb in the most unreachable location imaginable."

The lioness paused to examine Amara for a moment. She was... surprised that she wasn't feeling more awkward. Maybe her talk with Nche had been more helpful than she'd thought. Though it did feel weird, it was more because, well... they used to be so close. She wondered briefly when they'd drifted apart, and then shook her head. That was obvious, in hindsight. She'd pushed everyone away after her parents perished.

Naani went back to analyzing her problem, all while trying to keep up the conversation, "How, uhm.... How have you been?"

Lethrossen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:16 am
Amara drank in Naani's movements, gaze flicking down to the other lioness's paws as she took a step back... still, there didn't seem to be too much discomfort behind the actions. When the other mentioned work though Amara brought her attention back over the ledge, frowning as a puzzled look creeped onto her features. No lions were hurt down there? Her ear flicked toward Naani's continued words. "Oh. Oooh okay that makes more sense." Her eyes rolled over several of the plants, wondering which one it was. She was going to have to ask, maybe. She glanced straight town, gaze trailing over the cliff wall until she found a few places that might be manageable... "Why do you need this herb? Which one?" Her tone was light, curious.

She pulled herself into a sitting position and eyed Naani for a moment, a small frown on her maw as she thought about Naani's question. "Um." She gave a light shrug but after a few seconds a bright smile broke out onto her features. "You know with everything going on I guess I am doing pretty good? Trying to... kind of ... figure out what I can be helpful with... though." She had started off strong but mumbled most of the end of her statement, suddenly feeling a little embarrassed at having admitted that out loud.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:29 pm
She raised an eyebrow at her, wondering what Amara could have thought she'd been talking about, and then decided to shrug it off. Whatever. She found herself less interested in guessing these things lately.

Naani watched as Amara scanned the cliff wall as well, mildly curious to see if she could figure out a way, and then snorted as she responded, "Some of the elderly have gained a cough. It's not bad yet, but...."

She shook her head, "We don't want it getting worse, and of course, none of the other Di-anyi have any of the herbs we need." She paused and pointed down, "Which is that one, by the way, with those yellow petals." The purple lioness scowled, "Fate just doesn't want to cooperate with me, it seems."

She couldn't fault the other for not knowing where to go in life. After all, Naani had been like that for quite a while before deciding she wanted to be a Di-anyi. So she nodded slowly and looked back down. "It's okay to be unsure. Things have been.... strange lately, and with all these changes, I'm not even sure if anyone else knows what to do either." A bunch of birds with their heads cut off, this lot. "I think... just helping things move forward is all any of us can do."

Lethrossen

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff