[PRP] Stolen Goods

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm
When dad's away you...steal his stuff? Right?

Satu'li had seen her father bring back a nice shiny rock and put it on the ledge near the den entrance. He had instructed everyone they were not to touch it. However, he wasn't here, and probably wouldn't be back for a long while, so if she looked at it, it wouldn't hurt anything right?

That was earlier in the day. Now, she was strutting around, wearing the silver necklace with the red and blue charms. They almost formed a heart, but disconnected in such a way their shape changed when you looked at it. She'd one day ask him where he got it, that was, once he would allow others to touch it.

The young seer grinned, admiring the necklace as she walked down a path. The hunger pains she once had were slowly dissipating. Perhaps the famine was over? Or perhaps, she was just getting use to the feeling.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaius was growing worried, he had not seen Nara for sometime and he had been unable to find her. It was not unusual for the young goddess to wander off alone, exploring the stormborn lands by herself, but she had always come home. She'd never been gone so long.

His first thought had been his father must have left her in a tree, again. Grumpy old jerk had left her in a tree before, she had almost fallen, he would not have put it past his father to do so again. But when he had confronted the god of conflict (there may have been yelling involved), he had been told his father had not seen her. He had remained suspicious at first, but his father had no reason to lie, if he'd done so he would have admitted it with no regrets.

"Nara!"

Now he was out searching again, trying to find his small friend. Where could she have gone?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:58 pm
Amon Larethian

"Nara!"

Satu'li paused, hearing the shout. "Hmm?" She hummed, walking in the direction of the sound. Someone lost? Nara? who was Nara?

Hiding in the underbrush, Satu'li spotted the source of the voice. What was strange looking lion! He had such curly hair...She had never seen that before! And...what was he wearing? Her head tilted even more. She had seen others wear pelts, so...maybe this was something from the male's viking trip? Perhaps he was a reaver? He certainly was large enough to be one.

At the call again, Satu'li exited the underbrush. "Who's Nara mister? I don't think they are here."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:24 pm
His tail flicked, ears twitching as he searched. She had to be around here somewhere, Nara could not have just disappeared. Was she playing some sort of game of hide and seek and forgot to tell anyone? He really hoped nothing had happened to her. She was a goddess, what could possibly happen to her? But she was a very small goddess, and young...

"Nara! Where are you?"

What? Nara is that--Gaius jumped back, startled by the sudden appearance of another.

"Nara is my friend. Hey, maybe you have seen her? She's a little white cub with a blue tail tuft and--"

He suddenly fell silent, his gaze shifting to the necklace around her neck. He knew that piece, it was Nara's! What was she doing with it? Could Nara have lost it? Strange, he did not think Nara would have been so careless with something so important.

"Where did you get that?"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:40 pm
Amon Larethian

Satu'li shook her head. "No, the name doesn't ring a bell." Did she know any white cubs that even matched that description? "Sorry." She apologized.

Her eyes widened as the male glanced at the necklace she wore.

Uh-oh.

Her small paws went to grab the necklace, to hide the rest of the charms from the other's gaze. This is not yours. This is not even mine.

"Oh. Um.. It's my dad's. He um...he said he got it from some thrall cub." She shrugged, backing off slightly from Gaius. "I probably should go put it back. I'm not suppose to have it." She drifted off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm
"Are you sure you haven't seen her?"

Gaius stepped forward, his gaze fixed. That was Nara's necklace, he knew it, there was no mistaking it! But why did this cub have it? His eyes narrowed, her father had taken it from a thrall? A thrall?! Nara was not a thrall! She was a goddess! She had better not have been hurt!

He suddenly stopped, a deep breath. This cub was not to blame, she had not stolen the necklace from Nara, not if she was telling the truth. It was not fair to blame her, and if he scared her off, he'd never find out what had happened. Be nice, Gaius, gentle, anger and fear will get you nowhere.

"My friend has a necklace just like that, are you sure he found it on a thrall?"

His expression had soften, his smile kind and reassuring. He was not going to harm her, nor would he tell on her, it was okay, she was safe.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:04 pm
Amon Larethian

"Mhmm. Positive." She reaffirmed.

"Oh...the friend you are...looking for?" Satu'li let go of the necklace, so she could glance at it, as he observed it too. "Maybe it's a duplicate or something. Your friend's not a thrall, is she?" The young cub asked with a frown.

"Dad said something about a thrall stealing it and thralls should be stealing anything." She explained with a small shrug. Kristanf wasn't the best father, always paying more attention to her brothers than herself or her sister, but he did teach them what thralls were good for. (Leaving out the more adult detail). She liked having Mohana around as a thrall, and Luamei too! Her mother was also a thrall too!

"I don't know the name...he uh..never goes into detail on what really does."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:32 am
Gaius shook his head.

“No, it is not a duplicate, her necklace is one of a kind.”

Gaius knew there was no chance another had a necklace the same as Nara’s, as much as he knew it could not have come from a thrall. It was not the child the god doubted, but the story she had been told. Gaius may not have met her father, but he was certain he did not like him.

“She is not a thrall, her name is Nara, she lives with me and my partner, we are her guardians.”

The goddess of anonymity may have disagreed with him referring to her as his partner, but perhaps it was easier than explaining their relationship. He wanted to take the necklace and find Nara so it could be returned to her, surely she must be missing it. And yet, he did not want this cub to get into trouble, perhaps she could help him find the truth?

“KasaiLoki”

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:02 pm
Amon Larethian

“Oh…” Satu’li couldn’t say anything else. It wasn’t that she didn’t believe this other male. But…she trusted her father a little bit more than a complete stranger she had just met.

“Umm… I’m sorry..” the cub started. “You probably should talk to him about it though… But he did just leave for a Viking, and he isn’t normally back for a few moons, possibly more…” She pondered a moment. “He didn’t give us a time he’d be home.” Satu’li’s shoulders rolled into a shrug as she frowned.

“Maybe you can talk to him about it?” She did not foresee that going well. Kristanf hated speaking with other males, unless they were going to give him tips or tricks for any missions or raids.

“If you would like, the next time I see him I can direct him to you or your den?” She’d have to figure out an excuse on why she had the necklace if it came to that. Perhaps she could say someone stole it from the den, and she had just went to retrieve it when she was intercepted by Gaius?

…Well, at least she had time to think of a good excuse.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 pm
Gaius took a deep breath, it seemed the situation was more complicated than he had expected. He had to find Nara, and he could not wait around for some lying a*****e to return. Oh if he had harmed his little Nara, he’d make certain this lion would pay the price!

“Will you keep that necklace safe for me? Until I can find my friend and we speak to your father?”

Oh he’d speak to him alright! If by speak to you mean kick his lying a**! Focus Gaius, deal with the lion later, right now you have to find Nara. He’d go speak to Anonymity, and they’d go look for her. Surely together they could find her.

“Thank you, please let me know if you see her.”

He smiled at the cub before turning. He had to find anonymity.

“KasaiLoki”

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:02 pm
Amon Larethian

Satu'li nodded.

"Um. Okay." Yeah, she could do that. It'd be safe in her den, on that ledge, where her father left it. No more taking it out and wearing it, no matter how pretty it was!

"Don't worry. I will." The cub said with a small smile, watching the male turn and leave.

As soon as he was out of sight, Satu'li scampered as fast as she could back to the den. Phew. Her mother and Mohana weren't there, and neither were her siblings or Luamei! Perfect. The pale cub removed the necklace, placing in on the ledge where she found it before leaving the den. She didn't seem to notice the slight red glow of the charm as she left.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games