Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP - Viking] Familiarizing with Family

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:13 pm
exclaim even - bite is infected. Odd - bite is fine.

It had been a day since the whole cave incident.

Ciro was finding himself slowing as he walked. It was obvious to all around him that the limp was getting worse. The wound on his leg started to ooze a whitish liquid. He was sure that wasn't a good sign.

The captain sighed. "We will stop here for the night." He said to the lion trailing. As much as he didn't want to, it would not be in his best interest to keep pushing himself. He still needed to make it home in one piece, and he'd be damned if his last Viking was one he experienced with his unknown brother.

"So what happened to her?" The male asked, lying on his right side, keeping pressure off his left. He'd need to find something for that wound soon, but for now he was too tired to even think about moving.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucifer had been remarkably not snarky over the past day. In truth he had been mostly silent, lingering several steps behind his brother. It seemed even the fiery king of snark could learn when to keep his mouth shut.

At first he had thought the incident behind them. Ciro had no died, therefore the snake had not be venomous, or at least had possessed no venom at the time. But as the day had worn on, and the next morning had come, it became clear the injury was worse than he'd previously thought.

"Right."

Lucifer had thought to say more for a moment, to mention the injury and that they should do something about it, then decided against it. Why state the obvious when Ciro (as he was so fond of pointing out) was perfectly capable of taking care of himself.

"What happened to who?"

He circled, flattening the ground in one spot, only half listening to his brother before finally settling to rest.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:49 pm
Amon Larethian

An ear flicked lazily towards the red maned male as he rolled his eyes.

Was he that dense he didn't know who he was talking about? There wasn't like there were multiple females the two shared in their past together.

"Mom." He said quietly.

First it started with his dad. He went on a viking mission, and never returned. The pelt he always wore was brought back many weeks later, but not him. Ciro kept the pelt in his den, the only reminder he ever had of his father. Shortly after that was brought back, his mother went out. Ciro was still a freeborn during this time, and although he wanted to go with her he never got to.

She too, never returned.

"What happened to her?" He just assumed she died, but now he knew she had another litter in the roguelands. "Did she suffer?'  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:33 pm
"Oh."

It was several moments before Lucifer looked at his brother, his tail twitching in silence, seeming more interested in staring at his own paw than answering the question. It was a question he had known was coming, one he knew he would eventually have to answer. Damn, he was not sure he knew how to answer.

"It was just me and her, in the roguelands. I don't remember much, I was a cub when she said we were going home. I didn't know where home was, she didn't tell me, just that we were going, but...she died before we made it back."

He fell silent, his gase failing to the ring near the tuft of his tail. She had given it to him before she fell, looking back he guessed she knew. It was at the side of his fallen mother than he father the god of conflict had found him, had taken him away and looked after him well enough until he was old enough to do so himself.

"I don't know if she suffered, I don't think she'd have said so if she did. She never told me about you, about where home was, only that we were going there."

Another pause.

"What was she like? You knew her longer than I did."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 pm
Amon Larethian

She died before we made it back.

Ciro wanted to know what she died of, however, if Lucifer was just a cub in her death, he likely wouldn't know.

"She never mentioned me?" He frowned. He was her first born, but he was just cast aside when it wasn't convenient for her? He found himself rolling, wincing when he landed on his bad side. Bad idea. He groaned, rolling back to his right side. His ears pinned back. How could his mother not have told Lucifer about him?

"She...was a warrior. One no one ever wanted to mess with. How dad ended up shacking up with her is still a mystery, but I always thought they loved each other. She was devastated when he didn't return home, and when she got the pelt he always wore I think that put her more in a reaver-mind set. It was always viking this, viking that." He never thought she would lay with another male.

Shaking his head, he brought up the next question.

"And your father? Who is he?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:38 pm
"I don't know why she never told me, I guess it made her sad? Maybe that's why she wanted to go home."

Lucifer listened as his brother spoke, imagining what his mother must have been like before he knew her. He smiled to himself, a sense of pride in knowing that his mother had been a warrior. He had always known she was strong, until she wasn't, until she was gone. Hearing her story now, perhaps he understood her a little better than he had.

"He found me, after she was gone, I hadn't known him until then. He name is Tanaka, he's the god of conflict. You'd probably like him, he's a lot like you."

Always thinking of ladies, pleasure, and...other things. The god probably had not been the best of role models, but he had at least taken care of him. Lucifer had not lacked while he was around. And then he was old enough and he was on his own again. He had done pretty well on his own...

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:59 pm
Amon Larethian

Oh. Well maybe that explained a lot. From his mother's standpoint and the snarky attitude his brother had. Son of a god and all. (Had Lucifer told him this before? Maybe, but Ciro normally didn't pay attention to words another male was saying.)

The male nodded. He wasn't so sure if that was the case, but he didn't want to question it. It had been years since he had last even thought of his parents. He frowned towards Lucifer. Good grief, making him remember them.

"I take it your father is still around somewhere then?" Ciro was just getting his toes wet with gods. He knew they always existed, but to meet them personally? Never did he think that would happen. "Does he parade around like mortals as well?" He asked, slightly giving away his meeting with Survival.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm
"So far as I know, I haven't seen him lately."

Lucifer shrugged, he was used to not seeing his father for long periods of time. Oh Lucifer, if only you knew just how close he was, most certainly you will run into him soon enough. Afterall, you cannot inhabit the same land without crossing paths for long.

"I have never known him to appear as a mortal if that's what you mean. Something about 'making an impression'."

Whatever that was supposed to mean.

He looked to his brother for a moment, before turning his gaze elsewhere, his head lowered to rest on his paw. How had his world changed so quickly, and what would happen now? He might have tried to think of something snarky, something to distract them both, but he couldn't think of anything.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:07 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro snorted, his own head lowering to his uninjured leg.

He didn't think Gods would be one to showboat around. But, if one were related to Lucifer, maybe he could see it. He rolled his shoulders in a shrug, eyeing the still oozing wound. s**t, that needed to be taken care of. But Ciro had no ambition to actually get up and move, let alone try cleaning it with his own tongue.

Well...maybe he would feel better in the morning. Otherwise, Lucifer would get to play the 'find a healer in the roguelands' game.

His uninjured paw curled under his chin, feeling the dark feather around his neck. Did this thing really work? He frowned, considering trying to summon the goddess. He let go of the feather, opting to leave it alone. If for some miraculous reason she did decide to show up, he'd have to explain her to Lucifer, and Ciro wasn't sure he was ready for that.

"Get some sleep." He murmured. Hopefully they could continue on the next day.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 pm
Lucifer glanced at Ciro from the corner of his eye. Sleep, now, after all of...this? Was he kidding? Snort, as if, he'd never be able to sleep now. Stupid brother, his life was a lot simpler before he ever knew he had a brother. Well, at least he knew more about his mother now, that was something.

A sigh, Lucifer turned restlessly, trying to make himself comfortable. He curled one way, then the other, rolling onto his back, before finally settling to lay on his stomach with his hind paws stretched behind him and his forepaws in front, tail tucked under his belly.

Golden eyes closed, he supposed Ciro was right, he should try to sleep. Something told him tomorrow would be a long day. Hmph, if Ciro passed out overnight, Lucifer was not carrying him! Stupid jerk could drag his own hide to wherever they were going. He really hoped it didn't come to that though, he'd never be able to explain if Ciro died. Mom, if you're watching, we could really use some help right now.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas