Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:32 pm
User Image

The evening was overcast and dark but that didn't bother Dia. Something about silence brought him comfort, something about tonight felt good. He had met someone, someone he really enjoyed spending time with. Even though she often went back home to be with her own family he still felt like he was an important part of her life. Or at least he was the start of something more.

The pale male smiled as he danced his way down a small path, nothing could knock him off his cloud.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:37 pm
Kurago had been watching this pale male dance about for some time from the safety of a tree branch. His jackals were off doing gods knew what and he was left to his own boredom which had some how had him end up in a tree.

With a strong kick, Kurago sent him self pouncing the ground below and gracefully landing on all fours. He blocked Dias path and looked over the stranger curiously.

"Why so happy?" He finally asked. "You're dancing like nothing could pull you down and I have to ask... why? " He really wanted to know why. It was nosey and a way too forward but Kurago didn't give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:41 pm
"Holyshit!" Dia felt himself jump into the air as the strange golden lion appeared before him. It was so sudden he felt his heart get stuck into his throat. Who was this guy anyway? Dia blinked.

"Do... I know you?" He asked simply at first, feeling oddly unafraid. He didn't seem the type to randomly attack so at least he had that going for him.

"Oh ugh, you watched me?" He laughed aloud, feeling pretty embarrassed by his own actions.

"I'm just in a good mood, man." With that Dia nodded and smirked.

"I'm Dia, by the way."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:48 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

"Yeah I watched you," Kurago had a sarcastic kind of grin on his maw, "Guess I'm kind of a creep. But seriously. What kind of a good mood makes a lion move like that? It's like you've found a new meaning to your life and I wonder if you maybe ate some strange mushrooms or something ... Maybe you need help. Maybe you don't. Maybe lions really can be THAT happy," He was just talking for the sake of talking by now.

The pale lion introduced him self which had the orange lion grin and offer his, "Kurago. It's a pleasure to meet some one so ... alive. Mind if I walk with you for a little bit? My companions went off for a while and man. I'm bored. Like dude." He made a boring face, "Right?"  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:58 pm
'I'm just a good mood, you know? Life is short and sweet and I want to grab it by the throat and take in everything I can, fully, before I die." It was an odd way of looking at the world, but he couldn't help it. He felt alive.

His new friend seemed like he needed to be busy or he was dreadfully displeased, Dia laughed kindly.

"You're more than welcome to hang around, I enjoy the company."

He would nod at Kurago a few times before slapping the place beside him, as if offering the other male a seat at his table. He extended the branch.

"Tell me about yourself. What's got you out here alone? You said your companions ran off?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:11 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

The answer Dia gave was almost too simple and surface level that it slightly disappointed Kurago. He wanted the hows and the whys spelled out in reproducible equations or concepts. He shoved his disappointment down in to the pit of his stomach and took a seat beside Dia.

"Well... I was traveling with two jackals. The two are a mated pair who recently lost their pups and well.." There was a grim look on his face, "You know how nature goes. We're pretty sure that the pups may have gotten eaten or worse. I mean .. there have been plenty of times I've opted to eat a baby preybeast because it wandered away from the herd. Survival. But ... It sucks to be on the receiving end of that ."

He looked even more grim now.

"I mean. Death is how we survive. The fall of another. But life keeps at it so..."

The pups were never known by Kurago but the effect the pups 'deaths' had on their parents was all too real. What no one in the trio realized was the pups had been adopted in to the storm born by a member who was pretty sure some one had just left the pups on their own and was sure he was doing them a favor.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 pm
"Hey-hey." Dia stuttered, a little shocked by his response. He wasn't really sure what to say. Out of the blue his mood had changed and the topic turned more macabre. He felt a little off center here.

"Man...." He stopped and sighed. The weight of the conversation felt like it could crush him honestly. He had a habit of picking up strangers with baggage. That's how he met Tiah after all.

And now Kurago? The world seemed so unfair sometimes. He almost felt guilt for being so happy.

"I can't imagine, honestly. I... personally have never experienced a loss like that before." Maybe that made him sound naive, or perhaps even a little sheltered, but Dia just hadn't been around a lot of other lions in truth, he spent a lot of his time alone. Or he had for a long time.

"Even if it the cycle of life, losing children isn't easy." He offered a small nod.

The subject of life and death seemed to always loom over everything the sun could see. Life was harsh, but Dia was a dreamer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

The mood had been killed completely by Kurago's unburdening of his truth. Some where in the future , hunched over a laptop, sat a woman in a flannel button up cackling over how tanked the mood had gone. But none of that was important for the moment right here and now.

"s**t.. You know .. yeah the circle of life. I.." While Kurago was trying his best to fix the sour mood he also felt a little more grounded with Dia that the mood could be soured. So he was mortal and not something more. That was a relief.

"It's like.. A cruel joke some times but then I see some one dancing like an idiot," He hadn't meant to have the last bit slip out, "And I'm like.... I suppose things can be okay. That maybe I can be that dumb white lion dancing some time."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm
Dia frowned at his mocking remark at first, finding very little amusement in his picking but he soon let the feeling go. Sometimes jokes helped heal wounds. Right? With a half-smile the pale lion chuckled and replied.

"You don't need a reason to dance." It was starting to become his trademark saying. "you don't need a reason to...."; How funny life was sometimes. He stood up again and wiggled himself around like a fool for a good solid minute.

Anything to get a smile out of his new friend.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

And like that, Dia was up dancing once again. Kurago couldn't help but watch for several long moments before sighing, rolling his eyes, and joining in. The giant orange lion moved a lot less freely than Dia but he was still dancing. There was no music, but his feet still found a place to land.

"I suppose there is something to this but I'm not really sure what... or why... or ... really not sure why..." He continued to move along with Dia quite confused why he had decided to copy this male. Kurago did not regret his choice to follow after at all. In some ways, he did feel good after starting this dance. This was an odd sensation and Kurago wasn't sure the reasons or the how or the why , only that he didn't need to know everything.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:53 pm
"It doesn't have to be about anything." Dia explained as he laughed loudly. Seeing his new friend move around like a fool was quite the sight, he honestly didn't think he's even get him to try it.

"Sometimes you just need to shake it off." He meant that in the most literal sense one could take it. Life was hard enough without all the extra bells and whistles that life had to throw, sometimes it was just best to enjoy the moment, to live life freely and true.

If anything, at least Dia made a new friend. He wouldn't soon forget this night.

(End)

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff