Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:43 pm
User Image

The world was proving to be a troublesome place. Gjenferd was finding it harder and harder for him to return back to his own pridelands due to the famine going on. Gjenferd found that being in no mans land the curse was not present and he could feed himself just fine.

There were more challenges out here lately with the random spots of darkness and the occasional freak storm. There was something very wrong and Gjenferd didn't have time to ponder these things. The lion was far too busy staying down low and stocking his prey beast. Ahead was an elder preybeast having been shrunken and weakened with age it was abandoned by the herd. A perfect meal the gods had provided. At least, Gjenferd was looking at this as a good omen despite all the warning signs.

Right now things seemed fine and the meal ahead was a blessing. The pale lion focused on these thoughts as he pressed a paw forward keeping his eyes ahead on the target.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:47 pm
User Image

"Hey, HEY!" Ny called out as she ran from behind her newly found 'friend'; they had spent the whole day together and a night and now she felt a lot more comfortable around him. At least, well, she didn't feel like smashing his face in or running away from him so it was an improvement, right? She smirked as she danced around him for a moment in glee.

He always looked so upset. She tilted her head to the side and wrinkled her nose, speaking upfront and personal.

"Still stuck in that head of yours?" She questioned with a forgiving smile. He had seem to relax the other day, so what had gotten him so down now? She wanted to offer encouraging words but found it hard to muster any up when she was having a hard time reading him.

"So...." She thought for a moment. How to cut the silence?

"My father is a God!" She spat out with a long nod, sitting beside him.

"I forgot to mention that before, I think."  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

User Image

Annnnnnnnndddddd it's gone. The prey beast took off the moment the lioness had run up to Gjenferd. The albino male shut his eyes tight and counted backwards from 10 to 1 in his mind.

"You do realize," He was rubbing his temple with one of his paws, "That your god being a father," He got those two things flipped but it was cool. His anger was staying well preserved in his belly and not unleashing it self on this female, "Doesn't get us a meal and right now what we -need- is a meal. And its run off now so..."

There should have been some fries for how salty he was about losing said meal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm
Ny sat back with the widest s**t-eating-grin drawn across her face.

"HAHA." To be fair it wasn't like she knew what he was doing. He could have told her he was going to hunt before running off to do it alone. She huffed and laughed so hard tears formed in her eyes and swelled down her cheeks. It was such a sight. Perfect timing.

"I'm so so sorry! I honestly had no idea!" She spat out between laughs. Oh man. She could taste his anger between breathes.

"Look, I'll totally help you get the next one. I promise."  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:02 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

b***h, what? She was laughing at him? The salt rose quite a bit with in Gjenferds belly.

"I have contained my rage for long enough, " There might have been an angry rant about being a golden god and how mortals should be gone from him if his land rover had been stuck in a lake, "You dare laugh at this situation? Why ? And how do we know when the next time will be? That meat was practically on a platter for us."

Salt salt salt .  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:06 pm
He was pretty cute when he was angry. Ny stood up tall and pushed her chest up to his with a very in your face. "Cool it!" As she spoke she used a paw to tap the top of his head. Maybe where he came from food was hard to come by, but right now in this place... they would have a lot easier time finding another meal. She would make sure he knew she meant it when she said she would fix it.

"I'll find us something. You just sit here and let that anger out." She gave him a sympathetic look before smiling again.

"Don't be mad at me. I really didn't mean to."  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:14 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

"........." He stood there and watched her for a moment starting to feel bad for the amount of salt he'd unleashed upon her.

"Wait Ny... no.. I'll go with you. You don't have to do this alone and yeah I should have told you..." His demeanor was reverting to being more submissive and sweet as he didn't want to upset her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm
"You just stay here." She said with another nod.

"I'll be fine, I've got this. I messed up, I owe it to you to make it right." She was happy for the offer but inside she knew she did wrong, so she was going to do her best to mend the moment. It happened sometimes, she would get excited and not really think about the contest of the situation. Oh well. Live and learn, right?

"I'll be back soon, I promise. Just enjoy the shade, alright?" Her mind was made.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

As if by que, winds blew and whistled through a very confused Gjenferds mane. He felt a little helpless to have another go get the meal but he was man enough to allow Ny to make good on her honor. Even if it meant he was left behind to sit in the shade and suck on his hypothetical juice box to calm his nerves.

"Ny...." His voice was so small he was pretty sure no one could hear it.

There he sat and he waited in the shade feeling that he'd need to learn to control that storm born temper of his. The storm born were legendary for their skills of warriors but also for having short fuses. For Gjenferd this held true and there was no escaping what was his blood.

For now, he'd sit and wait for Ny and feel like a dumb person for losing his temper.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:48 pm
Ny gave him a last smile before prancing off on her own into the wilderness. She had spent a lot of her life alone oddly, having her father only visit her from time to time. She had cut ties with her mother long ago and refused to go home to her family because of it. So, in turn she had to learn her own ways of fending for herself.

The painted lioness lowered her body into the tall brush and rolled along the ground until she settled still, eyeing a rabbit as it passed. Okay, so it wasn't like... a huge meal, but she wasn't actually hungry so this would be her peace offering to Gjen.

As soon as the hare stopped to sniff the air she attacked, unleashing her fangs deep into it's pelt, feeling the blood swell in her mouth. She held it down until it stopped kicking, sighing in deeply as she felt it die in her jaws.

. . . . . . .

She returned to him soon after with the rabbit still locked in her maw, she walked over to him and spat it out, smiling faintly.

"So it's not big, I know, but it's for you."  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

Gjenferd was left sitting in the shade like the salty marshmellow he was. Ny did not take long to return with a kill. Though small, it would be enough for now. Gjenferd took the dead little thing in his jaws and ripped it in two. He slid the butt half to Ny.

"You need to eat too," He took a large bite of the once cute things face. Gjenferd gave no shits.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:59 pm
She smiled at his offer and sat beside him in silence. It wasn't like she needed the food, but it was still kind of him to offer. She glanced at him and wiggled her nose before speaking.

"Thanks." She hoped this made up for her mishap from before. It was nice spending time with him. He was her friend real friend in a long while. She didn't want to lose that over something so small.

Next time she'd make sure he wasn't hunting before bombarding him with personal information.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces