Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Something wasn’t right. She could feel it in her her gut. Something wasn’t right somewhere and it made her inner goddess itch. Ninati wanted to run and go see what was happening, to try to find her dad, or at least her sister to see if they were okay.

It made her a very distracted mortal in the pride. She was stopped where she was and staring up at the sky with a very concerned look on her face. Her duel colored eyes were a bit hard right now, trying so hard to feel any connection she could from her family. If such things were possible, Ninati didn’t know, but she figured that family could feel each other. It made some kind of sense in her head.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:25 pm
Peppermint Coffee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Muuno. You really need to go out. It will help you with your hunger. I promise" Ayanga told her brother as he groaned, but continue to walk home. Astrus' first litter had all moved out into their own dens, well, more of a mutual den where a lot of other freeborns lived. Ayanga and Muuno, were no exception. It was nice to be on their own, and for Aya, even more so now that she held the reaver title. Soon she could find her own den to call her own, maybe settle down? It depended where these weird visions of her left her, and what Sarkari's plans were as well. The two needed each other in their life in order to understand the puzzle their life through them in.

"I'm not doing it. I'd rather die in the lands, than out there." Her brother stated. "You keep going out." He said with an eye roll, pink eyes narrowing as his stomach growled loudly.

Aya sighed at her brother's stubbornness. However, she couldn't push him. Just before them, she spotted an adult staring at the sky. "Isn't that a thrall? They look pretty healthy."

"Lucky." Muuno muttered.

"Maybe we can find out her secret. Let's go!" Aya stated, heading in Nina's direction. Her brother reluctantly following.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:34 pm
Ninati hadn't heard the pair walking towards her, nor was she actually expecting anyone to approach her. Most of the pride kept their distance from her unless they needed her for a specific task, or your name was Tanaka. He was always a fun time.

The oddly marked thrall's face was firmly in a frown once she realized she had no idea what she was doing. Everything happening with the pride right now, and now this uneasy feeling that made her stomach a giant knot... She was lucky she was a goddess and didn't actually need to eat as much as mortals did. Do I actually have to eat at all? It was a theory she hadn't tested yet, but she supposed during a time of hard hunting she could find out.
KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Peppermint Coffee

"Hey. Hey you there!" Ayanga called out. It seemed the thrall hadn't noticed the duo yet. "Multiple colored lioness." How else was she suppose to address the stranger?

"You could just go up and say hi." Muuno grumbled at Aya's greeting. He obviously had a more sensible approach to someone than his sister did. Maybe that's why he thought he was better suited for freeborn life, and not the reaving one.

"Oh shh. Look, I think she noticed us." Aya said quietly to her brother as both stopped just short of Ninati.

"We didn't expect to see anyone out here." The adolescent female said. "You don't look to be experiencing the hunger pains everyone else is. Have you been recently out of the pride too?" She questioned. "Or is there something here that is helping you?" Granted, both her and Muuno were still on their feet, but for Aya's sake, she had recently returned, so the full force of the famine had not fully hit. Muuno was getting dragged along by Aya, but if he could, he'd be on the ground moaning and groaning.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:49 pm
Her head turned at the rather rude attention grabbing words, but they served their purpose. All Ninati did was sigh inwardly while outwardly smiling and held a slightly vacant expression on her face. "You could call me by my name," came her soft, sweet reply. "It's Ninati."

"I'm a thrall," she explained to the question of if she'd been out of the pride recently. "We're not allowed to leave. I'm afraid I am suffering from the pains, I was just a bit larger.." Okay it was a total lie, but they didn't need to know that. By now she was really good at lying. Even Tanaka didn't know she was a goddess.

She dipped her head low and then hummed.

"Something just feels... off. I don't.. know why, or how to explain it. I just hope I'm wrong."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:10 pm
Peppermint Coffee

"See, she is experiencing them too, and look at you bothering her." Muuno snorted, wanting to keep walking away. He was stopped with a paw on his leg. "There, a proper introduction." The male said with an eyeroll. That was so much better than hey you!

"Ninati. I'm Ayanga, and this is Muunokhoi." Now that formalities were out of the way. "Oh. You just...looked so much more healthier than most." Some lions seemed to be skin and bones. Others, her grandmother for example, was that plus a rounded belly to indicate life. Who would want to bring life to the pride at this time was questionable. It must've happened before the famine hit, was all Aya could think.

Muuno groaned. "What do you mean feels off? Things have been feeling off for weeks now." What other instances was Ninati referencing?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:16 pm
"Ayanga, Muunokhoi?" She smiled a little at their introductions and locked that away for later.

Then came the question about what she meant and Ninati waved a paw around in really vague motions. "I don't know how to say it," she said thoughtfully. "I really can't. But something big doesn't feel right. Enough to make my stomach knot up really badly and for me to think about my family that I honestly haven't thought about that much."

Ninati admitted it and felt like a bad daughter and sister in a heartbeat. Still, she didn't know what any of her family was doing, and they didn't know where she was. It was a natural thing, she supposed.

"Like the calm before a storm."
KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:42 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Aya and Muuno exchanged looks. Neither had thralls, nor was it something they planned on doing. Their grandmother was a thrall, so they had learned how to be self-sufficient without the use of others.

"Well..." Aya began. "Is your family not here?" She didn't know Nina's personal life. She could have been captured as a thrall, or she could have been born in as one. The lioness was young, Ninati obviously older than her.

"Great." Muuno commented. "Just what we need is more issues. We need this famine to go away before anything else decides to rear its ugly head. Hey Gods. Think you can give us a break?!" Pink eyes glared at the sky angrily.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:15 pm
"No. I was brought in by Hylinn..." She shrugged to herself again and looked between the two, very obviously siblings. "My mother and father separated when I was old enough to leave my den. My sister was gone before me, so I haven't seen her since we were a lot smaller." Ninati didn't talk like she was bitter, but like it was just what it was.

"I know we need the famine to go away. It's so hard seeing everyone so skinny, especially younger ones like yourselves."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:26 pm
Peppermint Coffee

The name Hylinn was foreign to the two adolescents. The blank stares both gave the thrall should have been evident of that.

Muuno made an 'O' with his mouth. The siblings were rather lucky so it seemed. They still had their parents, even if they didn't seem them often. And, they were never 'separated'.

"I think everyone wants the famine to go away. Let's keep our paws crossed things will start looking up for us here." Ayanga stated glumly.

"We should get going, Aya. No need to bother Ninati more." Her brother said quietly. All he wanted to do was go to sleep. Sleep meant it would be the next day, and the next day could bring an end to the famine. "See you around," Muuno said to the thrall, giving a half wave before walking off. Aya frowned at the quick exit, but nodded.

"Right. Well... hopefully whatever calm before the storm you are feeling isn't real..." Aya said carefully. She had to converse with Sakari if she had any kind of visions of doom approaching. After all, the two had technically predicted the famine, they just couldn't understand what was happening until it was too late.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:14 am
And just like that the pair was off. They thought her weird, at least Ninati thought as much from the tone they were using with her. That was fine. The female laughed to herself as she looked back up to the sky.

"See you two around!"

Now that she knew who they were, Ninati knew she'd definitely spot them out of a crowd now.

KasaiLoki
(Fin!)

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces